Movies with Great Endings

The spoiler is more a size thing, the "Hammer" is the actual DVD cover so its ǹot taking stuff away. 

Just saying this is part of a triologie. But you might just pack all Park Chan-Wook  movies on your list. 

Some weird shit to see 
park-im-a-cyborg-but-thats-okay-e1362351813820.jpg

Oh yea regarding endings. I wonder if saikano has the same ending like in the manga... (actual spoiler)

The Earth goes boom!

The spoiler is more a size thing, the "Hammer" is the actual DVD cover so its ǹot taking stuff away. 

Just saying this is part of a triologie. But you might just pack all Park Chan-Wook  movies on your list. 

Some weird shit to see 
park-im-a-cyborg-but-thats-okay-e1362351813820.jpg
well, I accidently read the actual spoiler while replying...

A few of them are on there, since this is the kind of stuff I like.  My list contains things I have easy access to.  Any other suggestions of any sort?

Das Boot - I won't say any more in case someone hasn't seen it. If you haven't seen it - Why not?! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a cyborg but that's ok is one of my favourite movies, but I wouldn't say it got one of the best endings,

it's actually a pretty sad ending seeing them lose themselves in their shared illusion while still being imprisoned in this mental institute.

Best endings I know (I won't tell anything about the ending to not spoil anything)

Memento

MicMacs

Once upon a time in the west (I love this movie, it's so awesome and I always use it to show people, that good westerns are not mindless shooting at all)

The place promised in our early days (Masterpiece)

Inception

Das Boot

Renaissance

Perfect Blue

Paprika

The Thin Red Line

Princess Mononoke

The Hidden Blade

The Time Machine (2002) (although the rest of the movie was crap and I'd recommend reading the book instead)

Enemy Mine

The Solitude of Prime Numbers

Gran Torino

Just to name a few movies with a good ending.

Best endings of series that come to mind:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Monster (1995)

Breaking Bad

I hesitated to mention this one, because it made me VERY depressive for a bit more than 1.5 days.

This movie and especcially the ending is definitely not for the extremely emotional people out there...

PS: I got exactly the same candy can like him, those were very popular in the war and are still sold.

My half-japanese ex gave me a full one and I kept the can and was surprised to see it years later in this movie.

It's the only film that I can remember making me cry.
Many movies make me cry a bit

(funny enough I never cry because of real-life, doesn't matter how much horrible stuff is happening again, probably because what I experienced in my youth all the time was way worse than what is shown in most movies),

but this one was on a whole different level.

It's really mean for people like me.

I hesitated to mention this one, because it made me VERY depressive for a bit more than 1.5 days.

This movie and especcially the ending is definitely not for the extremely emotional people out there...

PS: I got exactly the same candy can like him, those were very popular in the war and are still sold.

My half-japanese ex gave me a full one and I kept the can and was surprised to see it years later in this movie.
It has been many years since I saw this, so I will have to go back to it eventually.

I didn't know those candy tins were so easy to get.  I should pick one up.

Back