Movies Thread

I watched Exiled last weekend and it was pretty awesome. Johnnie To makes some pretty good movies. I also saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night and it was also pretty good, but there was some suspension of disbelief involved in it.

The Dracula puppet musical was pretty great, though.

Oh, and looking back through these posts, Javacat needs to play Chronicles of Riddick for either PC or XBox. Way better than the second film, it's what the movie sequel should have been.

Ravnos said:
I also saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night and it was also pretty good
Saw that today. I enjoyed it. Not really one of the funniest movies, but definitely worth admission and worth my time.

The blonde looked pretty sexay and mila kunis looked more attractive than usual :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from seeing In Bruges. Awesome film and pretty funny. Well worth going to see.

Watched "rise of the footsoldier" yesterday. Terrible movie. I have no idea why people hype it at all. Meager plot-line, pure violence... booooooring. The actors were good and all, the setting was pretty cool... just too damn boring. Too bad actually as it sounded good at first. I was surprised that I understood it all. I watch most English movies in their original language but almost all dialogue of this was in cockney. So, yeah... I rule...

Watched Naked Gun 2 1/2 on saturday. That was good. First one I've seen and I've been wanting to watch the films for a while now so I'll be off to get the other ones when I'm next at my local HMV. The bit that cracked me up was the bit when he grapples the guard dog and climbs up the building to find it on the roof waiting for him.

Also, just finished watching Airplane 2: The Sequel. Haven't seen the first one but it's on my list of dvds to get. And it was pretty good. The best bit: 'Stricker... Stricker... Stricker...' If you've seen it, you'll know why that bit's great.

Ravnos said:
Nobody else watched Iron Man yet? The gf and I caught it opening night, it was awesome.
Yep, went a couple of nights ago, and even the gf liked it. Loved the special effects, and the story and acting were very good too. Also, just enough well placed comedy moments so it didn't take itself too seriously.

Indeed, awsome. Go see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen Iron Man... Loved it :D I was quite suprised really, as when I saw the trailers for it I thought it looked ok but they left me thinking "meh, must be running out of decent comic book characters". Looking forwards to whenever the sequel is out :p

Blazin' Saddles - It wasn't as funny as I thought it was going to be but there were some good bit. The bit where the lynch the KKK was brilliant. I enjoyed it. Ending was great. So to was the it with Mongo and the guy on the horse.

Rewatched Batman Begins to prepare me for The Dark Knight. Brilliant movie, best of the Batmans by far!

Also seen Shooter at friend's house which was a great movie too.

Saw the new Indiana Jones film last night! Twas good! It wasn't as good as teh originals, but I wasn't expecting it to be.
Only comments I have to say is I didn't like the way the film went towards the end, crossing into a new genre to the originals (Don't want to say what as it will spoil the film for people and those that have seen it should know what I mean ;)).
Also, the actual visuals of the film were somewhat disappointing. There were lots of bits where there was a large amount of glare from teh background and it'd make everything seem a bit whitewashed.

With regards to the genre thing, just been doing some reading up on the the production of the film and that's actually one of the things that held the movie back for so many years due to people not wanting that <_<

Just got back from watching Mongol. It's a great movie and I was really impressed.

It was also the first time I've seen a movie projected with a digital projector, which made it doubly great. Everything was crystal clear :D

Back