Release Mono RunTime

Thanks for this! We use .Net at work so I've become more familiae with it recently. I could use this for utilities once I get over the subtle differences between MS and Mono...

I'm thinking map editors and such... but we'll see if I get around to doing anything, lol.

the subtle differences between MS and Mono...
Well, also working with .net everyday I'd be really interested if you find some  nice writing about that, I never looked at that but I'd be quite interested now we have a mono port...

the subtle differences between MS and Mono...
Well, also working with .net everyday I'd be really interested if you find some  nice writing about that, I never looked at that but I'd be quite interested now we have a mono port...
Well, mono has been ported to pandora a long time ago by sebt3. What is new is MonoDevelop (and the version of mono used here is newer)

Last edited by a moderator:
well, without MonoDevelop it's not really that usefull for me... I'm not interested in existing mono app, just thinking about being able to quickly build little tools as needed... doing anything is so quick and so effortless in .net compared to the C++ I was used to before taking my actual position...

The VB compiler seems to be missing, and the tabs in MonoDevelop still do not display the filenames.

I also noticed that you have the same bug in Mono sebt3 had (or are you just using his build?) where if you make a .NET form with a Textbox in Visual Studio and run it via mono, you can't type brackets into the app

Hmmmm, that's a shame. I haven't had chance to go through the code you gave me to see if I could find out why it doesn't like them, but just not had the time. It's probably beyond my capabilities anyway :(

You cannot type [ and ] in Textbox ? Every Textbox (from gtk too for example) or only the one from .NET ?

Also, no VB compiler in Mono to my knowledge, only C# (but should be able to run VB.NET already compiled code).

You cannot type [ and ] in Textbox ? Every Textbox (from gtk too for example) or only the one from .NET ?
Just from .NET as far as I can tell so far.
Also, no VB compiler in Mono to my knowledge, only C# (but should be able to run VB.NET already compiled code).
Sure there ishttp://www.mono-project.com/VisualBasic.NET_support

Edit: Don't worry about the VB.NET support - I can code in both; just used to the VB syntax more
Ok, for [], I'll try to take a look...

For VB compiler, I'll also take a look, but the VB compiler is writen in VB.NET, so I have to see on how to do (chicken and egg problem, but I suppose I can always just use precompiled binaries ;) )

As I said, don't worry too much about VB.NET, I'll just use C# :)

Yes sure. But I do appreciate VB also from time to time, so I can, I'll try to add VB compiler.

I'll try to look at the bracket issue first. And for that, I have to reproduce the issue...

Yes sure. But I do appreciate VB also from time to time, so I can, I'll try to add VB compiler.I'll try to look at the bracket issue first. And for that, I have to reproduce the issue...
I can send you a binary with a textbox if you want? (If you don't have access to VS)

Yes sure. But I do appreciate VB also from time to time, so I can, I'll try to add VB compiler.
I'll try to look at the bracket issue first. And for that, I have to reproduce the issue...
I can send you a binary with a textbox if you want? (If you don't have access to VS)
That can speedup things. I was considering creating a .NET project from MonoDevelop (but I haven't checked if it's possible).

Hum, I tried an EditBox in a GTK# solution, but I can enter bracket without issue.

And MonoDevelop don't have Wizard to create new .NET solution...

I'll try to fireup my VS to create a dumy test to try tomorrow (I suppose the issue is linked somehow with the keyboard mapping that are defined in the Windows.Forms class ressources, but I'm not sure if it's there and how to read / write thoses...).

*EDIT*: ok, the ressources to create the keyboard mapping tables are only available on the git of mono, not in the tarball of stable release... Still, I need a samble first, than understand which keymap is used before trying to add Pandora keymap...

Hum, I created a windows form sample from a Visual Studio C# 2008 (so .NET v3.5), compiled it on the Pandora, and I can enter brackets in EditBox...

I don't reproduce the issue, so @pmprog, I need a sample from you to be able to (try to) fix it.

windowsform.png

Hum, I created a windows form sample from a Visual Studio C# 2008 (so .NET v3.5), compiled it on the Pandora, and I can enter brackets in EditBox...

I don't reproduce the issue, so @pmprog, I need a sample from you to be able to (try to) fix it.
That screenshot only has square brackets and braces - no normal brackets - ( )

That screenshot only has square brackets and braces - no normal brackets - ( )
Ah, oups, didn't tests thoses, I was sure problems was with square brackets... Will retest...

Back