Moderating: SONY Vs SONY

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Due to a few instances where a person has actually pulled me up on my recent-past bad behaviour, I will now take action on rectifying my wrongs and turning them into rights again.

From tomorrow onwards I will be looking at every single (individual) post that I have ever posted/created/ (all 2000-something of them) since Day 1 (March 19th 2011).

I will edit all bad ones...and at the same time make sure that the thread that the post(s) are in make sense or are in context after editing.

I will also edit anyone's post(s) who actually quoted my bad posts and obviously make sure it still makes sense, accordingly.

More importantly, each time I make an edit, *it'll have an edit line with an explanation, therefore there will no longer be anything on these forum boards from the dirty past for anyone to pull me up on. So rest assured, people, it will be done and dusted in due time.

Please be patient, as it'll take me some time to go through over 2000 posts.

THIS THREAD WILL REMAIN LOCKED

If you have any questions/queries regarding this matter, please don't hesitate to send myself or any of the other Mods & Admins a pm and we'll do our absolute best to assist you.

Cheers. :)

* Only if the thread is out of context or doesn't really make sense after editing, but if a thread is a lost cause (thankfully, I recall only ONLY ONE THREAD being so), then I will have no choice but to remove it from public view.

Last edited by a moderator:
* Only if the thread is out of context or doesn't really make sense after editing, but if a thread is a lost cause (thankfully, I recall only ONLY ONE THREAD being so), then I will have no choice but to remove it from public view.

Are you kidding me? You wanna delete threads to heal you reputation??? What kind of show is being played here? This is the fun, yeah? If you did not wanted to write the things you did then write them on paper and burn it lateron, but do not delete others posts just because you are [censored].

...and beware friend, don't dare to delete a single of MY posts.

You are doing censorship, you are aware of that.

I do not know if cleaning up your past post will be worth the trouble/a good idea at all, just keep on focusing on today and forward.

I am sure that you will be a awesome moderator.

I understand how you think, but its not the right way to show that you will behave.

its better to stand for what you have been/done and be proud over what you have become.

The hardest part you will have to overcome now is to let people be mean against you without locking the thread. try to defend yourself instead, in the original tread. what if Craig would have locked/deleted every thread where people said anything mean or untrue against him. we would have a lot less threads then, seriously the guy have taken a lot of shit.

While you're at it, stop sending friend requests to everyone who joins the board.

Are you kidding me? You wanna delete threads to heal you reputation??? What kind of show is being played here? This is the fun, yeah? If you did not wanted to write the things you did then write them on paper and burn it lateron, but do not delete others posts just because you are [censored].

...and beware friend, don't dare to delete a single of MY posts.

You are doing censorship, you are aware of that.

Hi

Welcome to sony's forum rules, it starts second day in, I love the idle threat at the bottom.

I do not approve of this
Give me valid reasons as to why you don't agree with it.

Hi

I for one do not agree with this because you are hiding what you have done in the past with your rude, offensive, obnoxious posts to

other members of this forum, let people see your true colours.

@ Scntrblob

Who said anything about deleting posts?

Well, you are not talking about single posts, just entire threads to be "removed from public view". Thats completly unacceptable.

I do not approve of this
Give me valid reasons as to why you don't agree with it.

You are acting like someone who does not agree with how history went and is now trying to rewrite all books about it. That is just plain stupid.

You should not have posted what you posted in the first place, still you did and now you got to live with it.

Sure it looks different now you are a mod, but still this is no valid reason to "whitewash" your past.

You are not a member of OP, your posts are nothing "official" you are a member of this community like everyone else with the slight difference that you have more rights on this board than we have (for some reason).

It is the past and if you start behaving properly now, nobody will read those posts of yours any more because they will be buried in new posts and threads in a matter of days.

I am the most uncomfortable with you editing other peoples posts, too. Sure you are just trying to let it "make sense", but others peoples posts are their personal space and you should not invade that.

Edit: Also, have you considered that one of first things you have to do as a mod is to "rewrite" most (if it were just some you hardly would have to do it) of your old posts. Not a good sign of you being the right person to have this job is it?

That is not to say I completely disagree with this decision, I just find it... interesting.

You have the power to change, but for the future, not the past.

Sony, I have to agree with maiden here.

I see no need in editing your posts. I know you've probably got good intentions, but it might sound like you're trying to hide your past (as can be seen by Cas' reply).

Instead of editing your posts, show the community you can be different!

Put the past behind you and prove you can do better!

@Cas:

I know Sony has done posts he shouldn't have. I've seen them, warned him and edited / unapproved some.

However, I do not agree with something like "let people see your true colours."

People CAN change and ALWAYS deserve a second chance!

Would you please stop replying to EVERY single post SONY does trying to tell everyone he is not suited to be a moderator by linking to some old stuff he posted?

Give him a chance!

If that doesn't stop, I'm afraid I have to unapprove these posts when I see them, because you are insulting him even if he didn't do anything bad with the post you replied to.

@SONY:

Please, I know you're enthusiastic, but please don't be too fast.

Before posting threads as this one here, please talk to us about it in the internal moderator section.

A good moderator doesn't rush things, he's fast but thinks careful about what he's doing.

To everyone,

Apart from not wanting people like say...ENGADGET doing a search on Pandora only to stumble across one of my old-old rude posts....The only reason I want to "erase" my past is so that I don't OUT OF THE BLUE get someone posting this,

"Oh, check out this link and thread, some mod we have here..."

QUESTION: When I'm doing right and trying to go straight, how can I prevent someone from digging up skeletons?

sony, don't delete your posts, if you want to add a line in the end that you regret what you wrote would be more acceptable, just don't try to change history, behave like a MOD from now on

VERY true.

Don't hide your past, but show you're grown-up now and can do better!

Wow. Thats new to the internet. And absolutly ridiculous, too.

ED, he still can show that he is good without being a mod. He has had his second and third chance already.

We have so many nice guys here, it's a spit in their face to make him mod. Users suggested other as mod because they trust them. It's a spit in their face to ignore that.

If I were activly developing here I would hardly want my work to be brought into connection with this theater here. You know what I mean.

We have a badtempered situation that absolutly isn't necessary.

Make WizardStan, foxblock or anyone else mod and you won't have trouble. Sony can get reputation by writing articles in the wiki, not by editing his posts.

This is just plain and simple: stupid....

QUESTION: When I'm doing right and trying to go straight, how can I prevent someone from digging up skeletons?

Its called LIFE, i am afraid you will have to live with it.

or even better, get a time-machine!

believe me, you are not the only one who have done stupid things that you want to change.

Why should he have changed??? He is still the same person, a name or status doesn't change him from one second to another.

IF he wants to change he has to prove it FIRST and then he can get mod. NOT the other way round.

Can you not change your username for your current account to say SONY_OLD and have a nice shiney new SONY account so people know you have changed

Hi

OK, lets all move on, ED speaks wisely I feel, and I am starting to make myself look bad.

Now this is the best idea yet and I wholeheartedly agree with this name change idea, gets my vote :)

Back