Pandora OS Vs Android

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
The growing rift between Craig and those whose hard work on the kernel and system software is so very important, for example.
I've been watching that unfold in several threads from the Pandora 2 spam board to the Ouya thread. It is pretty worrying. From what I've noticed, Craig's pretty intent on making an Android device - just like the billions of other Android devices - maybe he won't need OS devs...

Time will tell, I guess...

Mod Edit ~ Split from Prometheous WTF Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've noticed, Craig's pretty intent on making an Android device

It looks like Android is a given but I wouldn't worry too much about the Pandora 2 turning into a generic Android device not while EvilDragon's around anyway. :)

At risk of "derailing" a thread about Prom (my only interactions with whom were on the PetitComputer thread)...

The growing rift between Craig and those whose hard work on the kernel and system software is so very important, for example.
I've been watching that unfold in several threads from the Pandora 2 spam board to the Ouya thread. It is pretty worrying. From what I've noticed, Craig's pretty intent on making an Android device - just like the billions of other Android devices - maybe he won't need OS devs...

Time will tell, I guess...

Don't be silly. There is no rift. Any P2 will have Android and full Linux.

It might be fun to suggest it won't, but I don't think we need to indulge in a drama, do we?

Don't be silly. There is no rift. Any P2 will have Android and full Linux.
I don't care much for drama (despite the little bit I had with a particular individual, but that's done and gone), but I did read:

If you're both cool, then great...

There was even a fit of temper when I removed posts about bestiality. I kid you not.
Yeah, there's some weird people; they did that in my GoatTracker thread; asked Gruso back then to clean it up for me. Some people are just disturbed.

I think some (or most) of us* need to stop overreacting to the tiny clues about product3 and the P2 Craig gives us.

As an example, some comments about the P2 running Android from a while ago resulted in a feeling of 'Craig hates real Linux we're all doomed I will never ever buy it!!!'

And it did, indeed seem as if real Linux was going to be some kind of low priority tagalong from the contents of those threads

Now I'm pretty sure that the original clue was out of context (given post 105 in this thread) but without that context the discussion became very negative.

Having said that, speculation can be fun/positive too!

*Genuinely not referring to any particular member(s)

craig has been shitting on core developers since the fruition of the idea of pandora. what exactly would make them be the smaller man now and leave? this scene has lost some great individuals over the years, maybe some even over craig, but im quite sure everyone here understands who and how craig is and can be, has learned to accept it, and expect it

craig has been shitting on core developers since the fruition of the idea of pandora. what exactly would make them be the smaller man now and leave? this scene has lost some great individuals over the years, maybe some even over craig, but im quite sure everyone here understands who and how craig is and can be, has learned to accept it, and expect it

Have I now? By sending out dozens of free Pandora consoles, tweeting about their work, making donations to them, getting drivers, information and databooks from TI, setting up a team which created an open source mini computer, essentially devoting my life full time to this project etc. etc.

Yes, shitting on them.

What have you been doing? Apart from trying to keep this ridiculous rumour going that I'm somehow evil.

this ridiculous rumour going that I'm somehow evil.

icp-magic.jpg

Ridiculous you say? ;)

That handle you can see in the background? It's a giant brass hammer for beating Notaz with, donkey kong style.

That handle you can see in the background? It's a giant brass hammer for beating Notaz with, donkey kong style.

Really? i thought it was a shovel that you scoop up all the piles of money with, that you earned with the project according to some trolls...

Btw, is that a really tiny bottle of beer you are holding?

From what I've noticed, Craig's pretty intent on making an Android device

It looks like Android is a given http://boards.openpa...400#entry171260, but I wouldn't worry too much about the Pandora 2 turning into a generic Android device not while EvilDragon's around anyway. :)

Dont forget Android is open source anyway, its just the shell that google offers that isnt.

If the team wants to go Android, they will obviously make it open source from top till toe, and i am sure they will make a wrapper that ensures backward compatibility with P1 software out of the box.

By sending out dozens of free Pandora consoles
If you are talking about boards, while they are expensive, they have no practical use except developing software for them (i.e. working for you). This was not enough to motivate people. If you sent full pandoras, it would be really interesting to hear who got them besides me. Yes I got one, but the cost of doing all the work that was needed by some company or consultants would far outweight the price of all that stuff you and MWeston sent here. That pandora's CNC case is now falling apart anyway, it has a low-grade LCD.

making donations to them
Again, would be interesting to know who, I've got nothing from you.

getting drivers, information and databooks from TI,
Can't recall any here, unless you mean NDA stuff for MWeston so he could do board design.

setting up a team which created an open source mini computer
Would love to hear more about that.

Dont forget Android is open source anyway, its just the shell that google offers that isnt.

If the team wants to go Android, they will obviously make it open source from top till toe, and i am sure they will make a wrapper that ensures backward compatibility with P1 software out of the box.

According to the latest info it's going to come with/run Android + another Linux/Gnu/Linux out of the box so crisis averted. ;)

By sending out dozens of free Pandora consoles
If you are talking about boards, while they are expensive, they have no practical use except developing software for them (i.e. working for you). This was not enough to motivate people. If you sent full pandoras, it would be really interesting to hear who got them besides me. Yes I got one, but the cost of doing all the work that was needed by some company or consultants would far outweight the price of all that stuff you and MWeston sent here. That pandora's CNC case is now falling apart anyway, it has a low-grade LCD.

making donations to them
Again, would be interesting to know who, I've got nothing from you.

getting drivers, information and databooks from TI,
Can't recall any here, unless you mean NDA stuff for MWeston so he could do board design.

setting up a team which created an open source mini computer
Would love to hear more about that.

It saddens me that see you two having arguments :(

Oh okay, if things do get a bit serious i hope you both talk it out.

Both of you are an important piece of the structure of this project, and that makes both of you important to a lot of people around here.

Hey guys, this is the

Prometheus: WTF ?!??!

thread...

Do i see a new potential mod ? :)

notaz is not trolling Craig and anyone who thinks that is a moron.

I remain to have a hard time appreciating your attitude, i knew you recent ranting would lead to an even more negative approach.

Nothing good comes from such a point of view, but more negativity.

Back