Meet me at the FOSDEM 2012! (2012-01-07)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Most of you probably already heard about the FOSDEM (or have been there already).

For those who don't know:

FOSDEM is the biggest free and non-commercial event organized by and for the community. Its goal is to provide Free and Open Source developers a place to meet.

So, of course, it's the perfect place for the Pandora. And that's why I'll be there as well this year!

I'll have a presentation and talk about the Pandora on Sunday 5th of February, 12:40 - 13:25(time about 99% fixed).

It will be in the devroom centred on games in the open source world (AW1.120).

I don't know yet when I'll arrive at the FOSDEM (hopefully Saturday 4th already), but you're welcome to visit :)

The GTA04 team will also be there, in case you're interested in that project as well (it shares some similarities with the Pandora).

Hope to see you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have a presentation and talk about the Pandora on Sunday 5th of February, 12:30 - 13:15 (time about 99% fixed).

I don't know yet when I'll arrive at the FOSDEM (hopefully Saturday 4th already), but you're welcome to visit :)
Small correct, your exact slot is:

Sunday 5th of February, 12:40 - 13:25

This time is 99.99% fixed since I don't want to redo the schedule of the Open Source Game Development Devroom. For those that want to know the exact room: The devroom centred on games in the open source world got room AW1.120.

In case you want to meet some of the Wesnoth folks: We are likely to conquer the Hacking Room in the AW building on Saturday. The result will look similar to what we already had last year: picture

Unfortunately I cannot be there. But I would love to see a video of your presentation.

Aww, it sucks to be down-under sometimes. :(
Far over for me...

(USA, Washington)

Same here, if you could all travel to the States that would be amazing! I would love to meet the Open Pandora team, although I realize you're all extremely busy and not to mention financially strapped right now, but if the Pandora flourishes (which we all hope it does) then maybe you could make a trip our way :) . I can dream right ;) .

yea, thats how much of the world does it. that was a very american comment of you to make :|

Do you ever go to hackerspace? I don't know very much about it, but my brother very recently moved to Germany (Berlin) and told me he and his new wife just became members or something. Seems fairly similar to this.

Sorry, didn't realize the title has been changed, comment deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, YYYY-MM-DD is not something only america does. MM/DD however, is :p
Right, for instance China goes from largest unit of time to smallest unit of time. The European system is easily the least sensible possibility as it makes it a lot more difficult to sort things by date. Not that going MM/DD/YYYY is really that much better, but it tends to be more useful than finding all the things that happened on the same day of the month.A

As for the topic at hand, I really wish you guys could make some provision for those of us that aren't able to travel to Europe to see the devices in person. I've been waiting for over 3 years and I've yet to so much as see a unit in person, much less touch or get to ask to see specific things about it. And I'm hardly the only one. Obviously flying all about the world isn't realistic, but I do wish you'd at least choose some representatives to go to trade shows outside of Europe to give the rest of us at least some hope of seeing one.

yea, thats how much of the world does it. that was a very american comment of you to make :|

Well it was just a simple remark, I didn't mean to offense anyone, nor starting a debate! The standard date format is YYYY-MM-DD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601 and it goes from years (largest unit) to seconds (smallest unit, though seconds decimals are accepted after them) followed by time zone.

I'm Canadian, by the way, so I've seen the US notation quite often. ^_^

Obviously I cannot be at the FOSDEM, really too far, so I'll be very happy if there's a video of the weekend.

Back