Pandora Rebirth Competition (2012-01-09)

Saturday. Also I got all my QML changes from the pandora build used in the video. So in the end only build system and C++ changes were lost. That's still something to work through, but not nearly as bad as it first seemed :)
could daily backups be automated?

Sure. Or I could just commit and push to github more often like I should...

Got the thing to build again after recovering stuff from files open in my editor, pandora and various other locations. Can't think of anything else lost, but I'm sure it's now missing some bug fix and I'll bump into it later. Anyway, it seems I got off easy on this one.

Got one of those real "oh fuck." moments there. I don't swear often but that would've been the correct spot to indulge.

B-ZaR instited me uploading these screenshots. I originally wanted to submit the ncurses frontend, but since I got Pandora, I've been busy with lots other stuff.

So here is milkyhelper using libpndman as backend.

1.png

Yaourt mode install

2.png

Concurrent installiations.

(image limit exceeded, the most uninteresting one)

http://cloudef.eu/armpit/3.png

Crawling.

4.png

Upgrading remote repository lists

5.png

?

6.png

milky.exe

Apart from some issues with Windows build, missing some search filter options, and not having download queue limit, it's pretty much complete.

The queue is important, because pandora's wifi is crap and will drop out if too many concurrent installs. Should work fine over USB, or on desktop.

Removal of appdata is implented as command, but logic is not there yet. Other stuff such HTTP 1.1 download continues are libpndman side of TODO's.

Should run on Linux && Windows, I will do mac support whenever I get access to such computer.

Yay! I think this will make a fine addition to our entry. Not everyone wants to use GUIs for package management.

1. backup

2. backup

3. BACKUP! :D
Not to mention duplication & redundancy
Not to mention duplication & redundancy.
I came here to write a post relevant to the current state of the discussion, but when there is such redundancy nonsense and it is not being stopped at once, I find it too bad that no member of the redundancy department of redundancy, of which no member is currently here, is currently here to stop such redundancy nonsense at once, and thus I decided to write:

I came here to write a post relevant to the current state of the discussion, but when there is such redundancy nonsense and it is not being stopped at once, I find it too bad that no member of the redundancy department of redundancy, of which no member is currently here, is currently here to stop such redundancy nonsense at once, and thus I decided to write:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6726-pandora-rebirth-competition-2012-01-09/page__view__findpost__p__134520 (⸮)

Last edited by a moderator:
"The program you submit can be virtually anything: A game, an application, a tool, an alternative OS, an OS extend, etc." Does this include malware and viruses? For educational purposes of coarse.

"The program you submit can be virtually anything: A game, an application, a tool, an alternative OS, an OS extend, etc." Does this include malware and viruses? For educational purposes of coarse.

I don't see how malware would get any votes, and even less likely anyone would even try it ;)

Back