Mariokart Ds

could anyone help me setup my wireless usb adapter thingy ? i remember using it to p[lay psp online aaaaaaages ago but got someone else to set it up and ive got a new pc now so will have to set it up all over agaiin anway :(. It seems like its tryin to connect to a router or somethin but im wantin it to be the one letting things connect through it :unsure: How do i do that ? oh its a buffalo air station wli-usb-kb11.

im really imprssed with this game online, animal crossing is going to be THE best game over xmas, anyone bought it from anywhere yet? (out on the 5th!!) wheres the best place to import it from? liksang want £29 for it, anywhere any cheaper? on mk:ds i show up as 'gary', not seen any of you lot yet i dont think.

Holy crap, this game is AWESOME! I jsut bought it today and played the first 2 cups. I'm playing online now and in total played this for about over 2 hours, almost 3 now, and have barely put my DS down. Looking forward to racing you guys B)!

EDIT: Friend code is 064485 029804 :)

CABBAGES posted on Dec 3 2005 at 05:30 PM said:
could anyone help me setup my wireless usb adapter thingy ? i remember using it to p[lay psp online aaaaaaages ago but got someone else to set it up and ive got a new pc now so will have to set it up all over agaiin anway :(. It seems like its tryin to connect to a router or somethin but im wantin it to be the one letting things connect through it :unsure: How do i do that ? oh its a buffalo air station wli-usb-kb11.
You need to set it to access point mode. You might be able to with the included software. Then you need to go to network connections and check the properties of the connection that is connecting you to the internet. In the last tab you should be able to select something like "share this internet connection" or something. Don't know the exact English wording. If this is enabled, it should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I was racing you Angel or gp32fan! I had the same name as the one here.

well i realized that there is no skill involved in mario kart DS, i'm sick of out driving everyone only to lose from shells, i understand thats what makes mario kart mario kart, but the rate of everything i feel is really unfair and there should be some level of skill needed to win, not just pure luck of items. i'm retiring from mario kart with a 38-47 record and will wait until a legitimate racing game, that is not based on the luck of getting items is released.

Angel posted on Dec 8 2005 at 11:42 PM said:
well i realized that there is no skill involved in mario kart DS, i'm sick of out driving everyone only to lose from shells, i understand thats what makes mario kart mario kart, but the rate of everything i feel is really unfair and there should be some level of skill needed to win, not just pure luck of items. i'm retiring from mario kart with a 38-47 record and will wait until a legitimate racing game, that is not based on the luck of getting items is released.
lol. sore loser.

Sure, there's an element of luck, but thats the case with so many things. The most skilled players will usually win much more often than not though.

Angel posted on Dec 9 2005 at 01:42 AM said:
Of course it is based on skill. However, there is a little too much luck at times, I aggree. Especially the blue shell is unfair since you cannot avoid it.

I can tell that by the time i get this game, everyone else is gonna be bored of it and noone'll wanna play me :(.

Why did i ever get nintendogs?

Ah don't worry, there'll still be people like me who'll play this and all the other old stuff, well after it becomes old an all, that is :). Hell, I've even played Quake 2 online not too long ago.

that's why wyo should only play with people you know, so you can go slap them in the head the nxt time they screw you over in a game!

But I'm un aware of the details on this blue shell. I've never encountered it but I've also never played double dash, is that where it's from? I always defeated red shells by dropping a green one behind me when I see one get launched.

I'm training on Single player before I continue on multiplayer, because I don't believe I should beat my score down any longer :(

Man, I can't wait to get this and animal crossing DS... but GP32 is coming first (I hope) :)

@Alpha2: the Blue shell is a ninja-ish *flying* spiky shell. It homes in on the person in 1st place IIRC. It was definitely in DD and the GBA Mario Kart, and I'm *pretty sure* it was in the N64 version. But then I only played that version once or twice, so I'm not the most reliable source of info on it.

Ferentix posted on Dec 14 2005 at 02:54 PM said:
Man, I can't wait to get this and animal crossing DS... but GP32 is coming first (I hope) :)

@Alpha2: the Blue shell is a ninja-ish *flying* spiky shell. It homes in on the person in 1st place IIRC. It was definitely in DD and the GBA Mario Kart, and I'm *pretty sure* it was in the N64 version. But then I only played that version once or twice, so I'm not the most reliable source of info on it.
Yeah it was, exept it was on the ground and hit everthing in its way B)

lubidog posted on Dec 11 2005 at 09:05 PM said:
I will play this game until I am 43!

Maybe.

...which is what i said when i bought nintendogs.

Finally went online with mario kart yesterday and today. Great fun except for all the japanese people who keep beating me. Anyway my friend code is 227695-099321. PM me ur friend code if u add me.

hey, whilst im waiting to find ut when i cant send my gp2x back, im gana get meself a DS with mario kart, tommorow i hope.

For £100, possibly with bomberman too i though this quite the bargain!

So, is mario kart really worth it? or is it the same as all the other mario karts (not a bad thing), also, how does the touchsxreen come into play? is it used at all?

Well, i just finished adding everyones friend codes from this thread, hope to play against you guys soon! I just got mario kart DS and animal crossing ds for christmas and they're awsome!

My friend code:

edit: mistyped my code :p

Back