Mariokart Ds

MAybe the car got a drift boost? I can say, that Im almost done with the entire single player (Gotta beat those missions), and many hours online, this has never happend to me and Ive been in some very tight races.

what i don't get is if you can't talk to people, how do you know if you want to be friends with them or not.  or is there a way to chat and i haven't figured it out yet?

Nope. You have to give someone your friend code, then they give you theres as well else it won't work. It's not a good system at all.

Or, if you play anyone in multiplayer mode (no need to even finish the race), their friend codes get to entered to your MarioKartDS automatically for you. When I see my friend, I just play them. That's how I registered my friends' codes.

Those with WiFi problems, check WFC in your menu and check your setups there.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAybe the car got a drift boost? I can say, that Im almost done with the entire single player (Gotta beat those missions), and many hours online, this has never happend to me and Ive been in some very tight races.

happens to me on a daily basis, like i said never happened on single player until 2 days ago, but happens all the time to me on multi player. makes me so mad to becasue the 2nd screen with the chars head showing what place they are in changes from 2nd to 1st, crosses the line, its after the race is over that it goes from 1st back to 2nd, i have a short temper when it comes to crap like this so i haven't played it in a few days.

i don't think its Wifi anymore, but maybe a bug in the game, it just happened to me on 1 player, i passed Mario and was about 1-2 car lengths in front, but when the 2nd screen the picture moved, it moved from 2nd to 1st and then back to 2nd like it does in wifi, when you win a close race. Bunch of crap.

I remember an online muscle car racing game that did the same thing. Motor City Online, I think it was. It timed how long it took everyone from start to finish, so if you came in second but had a shorter time you would come in first. It was to compensate people who were suffering from bad lag compared to the other racers. Maybe that's what this game is doing, too.

Got my copy yesterday (with free mario kart stylus) and ive unlocked all cups in single player already on all levels. Ninty should have upped the AI cause its too easy on single player. and i have to wait till xmas to get my wifi connector so i wont be online till then. oh well only 3 more missions to go.

Man, anyone know if this game has dropped to 30 bucks? Usually all the first party games were about that much, I don't know what happened now..If not then whatever, guess I'll have to pay more. I don't mind paying 35 it's close to 40, which are the price of some 3rd party games, it's just I never have any "spending money" at the right time.

This game is just great!!!!!

Okay, we need to get our codes out here! Mine is 300707809149

Enter me please, and I will enter you, Mark-I have put you in! Need to both have the codes stuck in there, then we can get on with some Dog beating!!!

Hahahaha

I'd buy it, but having just been made redundant from my only source of income, and as christmas is coming up - buying presents for people....

But i do wanna get it.

A couple things for you guys....

I was at a local Target today (L.A. CA area) and they had tons of Mario Kart DS's there for $28.

Secondly, if you want a harder single player challenge, go to Vs in the single player menu. Basically all of the options you could choose for multiplayer games are availabe in single player as well.

meaning, in the single player vs. mode, you can race against 7 CPU opponents, and you can set the difficulty level of the CPU, easy, normal, or hard. Try hard opponents on 150cc.... it AIN'T easy getting first!

The only downside is that you can't earn any unlockables or trophies in this mode, but is good fun once you've already unlocked everything.

The game rocks, anyways :D between this, Dawn of Sorrow, Meteos, and Canvas Curse, my DS has worked it's way up to my current favorite and most played system, while my PSP has gone to gathering dust once I bored of Burnout.

A couple things for you guys....

I was at a local Target today (L.A. CA area) and they had tons of Mario Kart DS's there for $28.

Secondly, if you want a harder single player challenge, go to Vs in the single player menu. Basically all of the options you could choose for multiplayer games are availabe in single player as well.

meaning, in the single player vs. mode, you can race against 7 CPU opponents, and you can set the difficulty level of the CPU, easy, normal, or hard. Try hard opponents on 150cc.... it AIN'T easy getting first!

The only downside is that you can't earn any unlockables or trophies in this mode, but is good fun once you've already unlocked everything.

The game rocks, anyways :D between this, Dawn of Sorrow, Meteos, and Canvas Curse, my DS has worked it's way up to my current favorite and most played system, while my PSP has gone to gathering dust once I bored of Burnout.

Yes, my PSP has retired too! Animal crossing to come for the DS too.

love it, best ds game yet, my code is: 116024143801, i have to say theres not many people playing online, it seems to take forever to find someone. lubidog and mark, ive saved your friend codes.

can we expect animal crossing by xmas?!

Got this myself, have been playing it online since Friday.

I'm very, very impressed with the wireless aspect of it - Surprisingly easy to just slip into a game, despite it being quite slow searching for opponents.

I'm on as SilvergunX.

If you're adding me, then send me a PM just to let me know so I can go about adding you too. :) And i'll look forward to see you guys online!

33 wins / 31 losses so far over WFC.

Back