Is Someone Thinking About Working On A Nintendo Ds Emu

renejr902

Website
Visit site
is someone thinking about working on a nintendo ds emu
zodttd is working on a n64 emu. so if n64 can be possible, i think ds can be done too.
but i think that even on pc, nintendo ds emu are not working correctly . is it right?

anyway some game only use one screen for playing like Mariokart.
anyway maybe the pandora screen can be split side by side to emulate the 2 screen of the ds.

argor said:
http://www.zodttd.com/forums/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=27

zodttd;18265 said:
I believe Nintendo DS will be handled (quite well) by Exophase. Though I could be mistaken.

As was mentioned, hlide is considering PSP for the Pandora. Though we need to get him some hardware to work with first. :)
Whoa. This is awesome beyond all infinite dimensions of possible awesome.

New slogan: "Pandora. Portable integration." It's a crappy one, but maybe true ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That said, don't forget that while Exophase has definitely done some speculation on the possibility of DS emulation (with potential hints that he might be interested in looking into it - but only hints so far), he has also, more recently, said that he wishes he hadn't mentioned it.

I'd say it's very very up in the air, unless Zodttd knows something we don't (which is certainly a possibility).

Emulating a system that's currently on sale is not a good idea.

I don't think there's any harm in taking a look at the possibilities now. GBA emulation began while games were (and are) being made, and early emulators only played homebrew stuff anyway.

Wow. Thats. Just.

But then, can it even be done? Alright, sure, it's announced, but really, there is no good DS emulator available yet. How do we expect it to work on the Pandora? :p

The NDS is not a technical impossibility - the hardware is comparatively low end. The reason there isn't a fully functional emulator available is because the DS's unique interface makes it very difficult to interact with on a computer monitor. Having a touchscreen, the Pandora would be significantly better platform for a DS emulator.

Perhaps after Pandoras are readily available some emulator programmer will pick up (or start from scratch) a DS emu specifically for the Pandora. Until then, there are more then enough other projects to keep everybody busy. Rest assured, if somebody does pick up the project, it will be announced here.

renejr902 said:
but i think that even on pc, nintendo ds emu are not working correctly . is it right?
no$gba runs almost every DS game fullspeed, but its not open-source sadly.

Nonis said:
renejr902 said:

I guarantee you that it wouldn't run almost every DS game fullspeed on a Pandora, even at 900MHz.

Well if Exophase decides to try his hand at DS that would be really awesome. DS emulation is a tall order, and simply porting an existing PC emulator such as no$gba would fall well short of full speed on the Pandora.

I'm not expecting anything too soon however. Even if exophase started working on it today I expect it would take a great deal of time before we see anything. Besides, the guy deserves a break after all the hard work he has put it on Temper, and many of us are still hoping for an upgraded version of gpsp for Pandora!

Exophase said:
Nonis said:
renejr902 said:

I guarantee you that it wouldn't run almost every DS game fullspeed on a Pandora, even at 900MHz.

Do you think there may be more of a chance with 2D DS games running at decent speeds? Something like Phoenix Wright for example, barely seems to be more than a GBA game with DS adaptations.

Personally, my favorite DS games are Phoenix Wright and Advance Wars, so if I could run them on Pandora, that'd be just one more piece of hardware I can leave in my drawer. :p

Exophase said:
Nonis said:
renejr902 said:

As long as "Advance Wars Dual Strike" and the new "Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict" runs at playable speed, I would be completly happy with this DS Emulator on Pandora. ;)

This is the most amazing thing ever. Seriously, I didn't even know PSP emulators existed. I think DS emulation will end up about as playable as GameBoy emulation on Palm IIIc, which works about 50% speed when overclocked, yet manages to play plenty of games well such as Zelda and Pokemon. Advance Wars seems to fall into the category of games that would play well on heavily frame-skipped emulators.

Back