Main PCB V3 is finished!

After spending hours and hours and hours of time, Nikolaus finished V3 of the main PCB.

That PCB will be produced during this week and it will be ready for the Gamescom :)

It's almost the final main PCB revision and will be used to test all functions and find any remaining bugs.

If all goes well, V4 will be the one that is going to be used for the main production!

If you want to see the amount of traces needed to create that PCB... go ahead :)

(of course, when you are working on it, you don't need to see all traces at once ;) )

attachicon.gif
MainPCBV3.jpg
Looking through the image - pretty cool stuff.

I see that the USB 2.0 & eSATA combo port made the trip from concept to design - thank you!

Bottom left (right?) I see two large pads labeled +. Are these the battery terminals? If so - wouldn't one be -? Or does it simply not matter for the layout purpose?

I think I may have found Nick's signature/symbols on the board - in green on the upper left quadrant - though it's hard to make out.

Interesting that the bottom tab over the SDXC port reads "Dragonfly", not "Pyra". Interesting how close it came to having a different name?

Who is, "Delicious Computers, 2014"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom left (right?) I see two large pads labeled +. Are these the battery terminals? If so - wouldn't one be -? Or does it simply not matter for the layout purpose?
I suspect those are just crosshairs to mark the centre of the pad, not pluses.

Interesting that the bottom tab over the SDXC port reads "Dragonfly", not "Pyra". Interesting how close it came to having a different name?
That's the development name. It was chosen long before we had a thread about it (long before anything about the successor was even known :) )

Who is, "Delicious Computers, 2014"?
Nikolaus' company.

If all goes well, V4 will be the one that is going to be used for the main production!
Was just re-reading and my eyes did the double-check on this - since this one is V3...

The Pyra could potentially be much closer to production than many of us thought. Very cool. I'm looking forward to it - whenever it's 'done'.

After I got back from Montpellier, I started to work on multiple things at once.

T-Shirts and other merchandisings, soon to be available from my shop (probably sometimes August).
Probably already too late, but in case it's not: You might want to look for T-Shirts a 3Freunde.de as theirs are made from organic cotton and with fair labor. I'd really like to buy one of these from DragonBoxShop!

Was just re-reading and my eyes did the double-check on this - since this one is V3...

The Pyra could potentially be much closer to production than many of us thought. Very cool. I'm looking forward to it - whenever it's 'done'.
I hope so! Hopefully ready for production by October or so.

Though I'm not ED, I'm sure that's not going to happen. That the PCB's might be ready by then, maybe possibly. But getting the keymats/case/battery/hinge/LCD sorted until then? Don't think so :p

That's the development name. It was chosen long before we had a thread about it (long before anything about the successor was even known :) )
I think you mean the pyra is the development name.. and dragonfly is the real one right? ;)

Do we get to keep this bit of history for the final board?

Why not call the mother board the "Dragonfly" board?

And the whole thing is the Pyra then.

Funny to see ED has the "Donator" sign, when he has done everything to keep the Pandora alive, he should have a "Superhero" sign or something.

Very exciting to see the PCB at V3.

BTW: ED, if some investor comes to you offering to buy up the Pyra, do not accept the offer. We want the Pyra to come from hands we can trust.

sweet!

ED have you thought about offering only the board after enough Pyras hit the market? Depending on how it tuns out I'm pobably interestet in buying a seperate board to play around with.

I like it. Like how the Sega Master System still has the 'Mark 4' (or M4) codename etched onto it's mobo - even in the Master System II remodel (codenamed M4Jr. on the board)

I was thinking about Minecraft being built-in. That way, I can access my Minecraft from anywhere, multiplayer or not. Only problem? You'd have to ask Mojang in writing if you can.

A German Produkt whit a V and a Number on it??

Reminds a bit on the "V- Weapon"..

Today, von Braun ditnt create Weapons, but Elektrikal Things like my Elektrik Tootprush etc..

Wy not call it "Pyra Mainboard 3rd Try" ??

Just kidding, also find it great whe now one V bevore Mass Produktion of the Mainboard..

The question is:

How will you an Nikolaus fit this together in such a smal Device like the Pyra ??

I was thinking about Minecraft being built-in. That way, I can access my Minecraft from anywhere, multiplayer or not. Only problem? You'd have to ask Mojang in writing if you can.
There's a Minecraft PND for Pandora now, and it works well. I imagine they will port it to the Pyra.

Back