Lots Of Case Shots - Renders - Still No Gui?

chad78

Website
Visit site
Has there been anything said, shown, or hinted at about the OS / GUI for the Pandora? I mean, people are getting the dev kits - there has to be some kind of software on there, doesn't there? What is it like?

I mean seeing the case is cool and all - but I am far more interested in what it does than how the box looks.

I suspect there's probably a UI... but I wouldn't vouch on it being graphical yet. Well, not beyond text at least...

Could be wrong, of course :)

Let's have a UI that, with a certain key-combination, either smoothly fades to a Bash (or whatevery shell you want) shell, or does a Compiz-like 3D transition (what would be really cool would be if the GUI "broke apart", fell down, and left a CLI in its place).

atomicthumbs said:
Let's have a UI that, with a certain key-combination, either smoothly fades to a Bash (or whatevery shell you want) shell, or does a Compiz-like 3D transition (what would be really cool would be if the GUI "broke apart", fell down, and left a CLI in its place).
If you're willing to give up the graphical animations, Alt+F# works wonders. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there's the pic of the hand with the Pandora floppy (it was a lot easier to see in the last vid) and the text "v1.3", so there is some sort of firmware/OS...

But there's really no reason for guessing... One of the devs with MK0 boards could just tell us (;

Nilsiboy said:
Well, there's the pic of the hand with the Pandora floppy (it was a lot easier to see in the last vid) and the text "v1.3", so there is some sort of firmware/OS...

But there's really no reason for guessing... One of the devs with MK0 boards could just tell us (;
It can be hard to tell but it sounds like you're not joking on that one so I must inform you that that disc image is took straight from the early Amiga kickstart ROM- its the image the Amiga would show when you turned it on with no disc in its drive.

Oh, wow, guess I'm too young to know that :D sorry, then ^.^"

But there _is_ the Pandora logo on there... or did they reuse it from the Amiga pic?

EDIT: typo...

Nilsiboy said:
Oh, wow, guess I'm too young to know that :D sorry, then ^.^"

But there _is_ the Pandora logo on there... or did they reuse it from the Amige pic?

The Pandora logo was pasted into that pic probably to make a point of the fact that many board members consider the Pandora a sort of handheld successor to the Amiga, and it's already been stated that among handhelds, the Pandora will likely also be just as revolutionary among it's competition as the Amiga was back when it was first released.

Back