For All Of Us

MonkeyChops said:
Thread from the other forum
I hope this isn't taboo, linking the other forum, but this forum is the "real" forum and is getting more traffic and I believe this idea from player4 to be a worth while project.

Summary:
Create a website that:
1. Gets everyone involved in creating pandora software.
2. Has pending and proposed pandora projects listed with status listed (proposed, in progress, etc.)
3. Has requested jobs for the project (artist, sound, programming, etc.)
4. Has Links to walk-throughs and tutorials for said skills for people to learn new skills and hone their existing skills.
5. Has a way to register users and a system of listing their skills
6. Has a way for the users to communicate with each other about projects and to help with the learning process.
7. Has a Pandora file archive that has screen shots and a rating system and is sortable.
6. Could possibly be used to decide how dev fund money is divided.

There were lots of ideas about this proposed website and I may have missed some.

Its basically a site to focus on the software development and to stream line it. Its not meant to be a site that people tell devs what to work on, but would be a great place for people to brainstorm ideas and if a dev saw that a particular project was very popular and was of interest to him/her, the dev could pick it up with the incentive of the dev fund and the support of the users skills.

What do you think?

Most of those points are covered by the Pandora wiki and the Pandora file archive. Wouldn't this just be redundant?

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
MechsWillOneDayStepOnYou said:
Unfathomable Depths said:
Any devs want to make this?
If only this "forum" for devs existed you could use it to ask one of them to make the it instead of posting in this thread on here ...

why clutter that area? no actual development is going on here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Assembla for a bunch of projects, has always worked well for me (and has been better than previous methods I used for colaborating). It has SVN/Wiki/trac/etc. I really just use the SVN/Wiki side though - maybe not exactly what this topic was getting at, but still.

Steve

Jeez, my idea really died, didn't it?
Listen. I have already made it abundantly clear in the other forum. This is not what I would consider a redundant idea. Yes, assembla is great. Yes the Pandora file archive is in place. And yes, I defend this project like some thing that defends ideas fiercely(liberals?).
The goal is to create a project-oriented social site. Clean And Welcoming. It's about people working on projects. A whole bunch of people. It's about new guys with no experience coming in and being put into their first dev role. It's about finding the people that are right for the job.
If there was such a thing, with 4000 people participating, how productive would we be?

Sounds like you want to create something akin to SourceForge. I'd have to agree that it would be very beneficial to us developers - it makes project organization much easier.

Back