Logo Discussion

It would be #1 or #3 for me, but none of these are really appealing tbh.

I like the lettering in #1, I like the plain-white version, not a big fan of the colouring.

#2 simply does not match my taste (fan of simplistic, abstract logos).

#3 Looks good, although it reminds me of the logo of a game, which I cannot remember the name of. And as B-Zar pointed out, might not work as well in a small version or in a plastic mould.

#4 The simple version of the logo looks good, but I dislike the lettering on the "large" version

I like the ambigram logo, but I can see why it wasn't chose, it's very noisy and hard to read. Looks like as a symbol though.

attachicon.gif
screenshot4.png
I also really like that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
make it so that the ( and the ) line up to become part of one big circle?
screenshot6.png

Can you make this with the flames I quoted?
screenshot5.png

----

I do appologise for the dodgy edges in the above. The shapes are actually curves, but libreoffice likes to render them onscreen as polygons (because then it can use my graphics card) :unsure:

post-3032-0-65573500-1392987157_thumb.png
is simply perfect.
 Nice merge of 2 ideas, not bad. :) The central design is more like a circle shape so it hides somehow the "Spock Ear" thing I critisized in the single logo version once.

However, this one with the same base idea may be more "clear":

pyra-mobius-dp.png

But both have the Problem that you just can't read "PYRA" out of them. So the actual device name needs to be written along with the logo. Not a general problem but merging the Brand and the device name in one logo could lead into some confusion. ^^""

IMHO it's too much with that "shadow" around it. It doesn't look clear.

How about making a logo that is a combination of these three ideas?

Use the current text logo:
5plnx2.jpg

With a symbolic logo made out of this cube box:
2sba4nk.png

only with some sort of simplistic branding on it instead of wings (like a variant of the 'dp' letters as suggested)?

That box logo relies a very high level of detail in whatever medium its being displayed in, which is an unreasonable expectation for a logo.

A simpler variant could probably be drawn though...

I think the "gaming" vs the "professional" type of logo has to be taken as a first step before further selection.

IMHO, i would prefer not to be too much on the gaming side to reach a wider spectrum of users.

I like the idea of Binky's embossed logo with the LED shining through the "dp" part, sounds classy and understated to me. I don't really see the need for having the entire device name spelled out on the case, that'd be enough to be eyecatching and distinctive :)

Also, maybe a bit different font - it looks a bit too generic.

What do you guys think?

I really like this logo, but agree the font is a bit boring/plain.

I quite like this font, which is freebie and I think quite modern looking

2hq751v.png

I also am liking Binky's latest there, and the other [d/p] one with the rounded loops and straight line running through.

Both pretty clean looking

number 2 with the dragon and the cube are bette than the rest, but they still need some polish.

post-3032-0-65573500-1392987157_thumb.png
is simply perfect.

Nice merge of 2 ideas, not bad. :) The central design is more like a circle shape so it hides somehow the "Spock Ear" thing I critisized in the single logo version once.

However, this one with the same base idea may be more "clear":

pyra-mobius-dp.png

But both have the Problem that you just can't read "PYRA" out of them. So the actual device name needs to be written along with the logo. Not a general problem but merging the Brand and the device name in one logo could lead into some confusion. ^^""
I like both of these, but I like the one with flames more, because "flame" is a shared connotation between (evil)dragon(box) and Pyra.

That box logo relies a very high level of detail in whatever medium its being displayed in, which is an unreasonable expectation for a logo.

A simpler variant could probably be drawn though...
The box could be simplified in similar fashion to the pandora symbol (highlighting the borderlines and making the panels transparent) if neccesary.

I get the feeling that finding a settle on symbol's apperant structure is more of an issue right now.

Back