Less Then A Week Until Preorders And No Finished Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree 100% with Moxie.

The info on the forum, including info about the Beagle Board project has been enough for me [and others] to come to a decision. Searching the forum and the internet in general is REQUIRED to understand what you are (pre)ordering, to understand the risks you may be taking.

I must say I was tempted earlier. Didn't, since without this there will likely be even more thread along exactly the same lines within maybe 6 hours...

If people could calm down, though, that would be nice.

Nah, this thread being closed would only lead to 3 new ones being created. You could think of this as a firewall... or a trash can

Kyosys said:
Nah, this thread being closed would only lead to 3 new ones being created. You could think of this as a firewall... or a trash can
I think the correct term would be "Tarpit" (or possibly "honey pit") - a program that draws in malicious connections and holds them for as long as possible in order to slow them down. There are som interesting anti-spam-traps that work like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moxie said:
Kyosys said:
I think the correct term would be "Tarpit" (or possibly "honey pit") - a program that draws in malicious connections and holds them for as long as possible in order to slow them down. There are som interesting anti-spam-traps that work like that.

"Honey Pot" :)

Moxie said:

All these threads either are plain stupid (re the title of this thread) or assume that Craig, ED and the rest ate in some secret conspiracy to actually prevent people from buying the product. Which is also stupid. Most of them also depend on the thread starters not being able to read, since the answers usually have been given again and again. Which might point to stupid, again, especially since starting a thread when you can't read and understand the answers in it won't help the least bit.

I want less of the stupid, and more of the intelligent. Please.
So let me get this straight. You're tired of stupid folks writing stupid things and demanding this and that. Ditto to many other folks.

You go to the Pandora's General Talk forum and see a thread titled "Replying to Less Then A Week Until Preorders And No Finished Pandora". Why on earth would you think this thread will be the type of thread that you'd enjoy reading and writing about?

You keep coming back and writing about how you don't like this or that and get frustrated. It's obvious some ppl like to not read the faqs, not understand what a pre-order is, and not have a clue otherwise. Why come back for more of it? Are you reading every thread in this forum?

As for me, I'm not complaining about these posts. ...nor am I even complaining about yours. As a matter of fact, it's just the opposite now. I want to know why when you go some place and something there smacks you in the head and make you go OUCH, that you keep going back for another OUCH. ...and another ...

Kyosys said:
That is a statement wise beyond most humans. Companies need to hire more right brained ppl like you. (I'm not being sarcastic BTW).

I think there's a fairly simple solution to this whole problem. People want to see a finished Pandora. That's not possible, as we all know. What Craig & Co. could do though is put all of the internals (devboard, keypad, etc.) inside a rapid prototyped case and show off the device and use the actual controls. I don't think people really need to see a case that looks like the one that the Pandora will be shipped with - they just want to see one fully assembled and functioning with its own controls. I'm sure Craig & Co. have all the parts and whatnot needed to do this, but whether or not they feel it's a good use of their time is another matter entirely.

Fat Agnus said:
So let me get this straight. You're tired of stupid folks writing stupid things and demanding this and that. Ditto to many other folks.
Yes, indeed.

Fat Agnus said:
You go to the Pandora's General Talk forum and see a thread titled "Replying to Less Then A Week Until Preorders And No Finished Pandora". Why on earth would you think this thread will be the type of thread that you'd enjoy reading and writing about?
I don't, actually.

Fat Agnus said:
You keep coming back and writing about how you don't like this or that and get frustrated. It's obvious some ppl like to not read the faqs, not understand what a pre-order is, and not have a clue otherwise. Why come back for more of it? Are you reading every thread in this forum?
No, actually, the problem is that lately I find it difficult to find any thread to read in this forum. That saddens me, and makes me a trifle frustrated. Also, being an Old Fart™, I have a license to yell at them young'uns for their lack of manners. So that is what I'm doing - Yelling at them for their lack of manners.

But I dont "keep coming back", really. I exploded yesterday, and had a few aftershocks today. I think I'm fine now, really, and will go back to pottering about in the garden and mutter about the taxes.

Vorporeal said:
I think there's a fairly simple solution to this whole problem. People want to see a finished Pandora. That's not possible, as we all know. What Craig & Co. could do though is put all of the internals (devboard, keypad, etc.) inside a rapid prototyped case and show off the device and use the actual controls.
It's already been stated that what you are suggesting can't happen. Sure, they can put a Pandora in a rapid prototyped case (as Ed got), but to use it, you need to either take it out of the case, or spend ~$1000. At the moment, I think they have better things to spend the money on.

Moxie said:
I think I'm fine now, really, and will go back to pottering about in the garden and mutter about the taxes.
Bye :)

I think we can close this thread, Craig posted some production details in another thread. No use in discussing the same in multiple threads. We weren't really on-topic anymore anyway.

b_o_b said:
I think we can close this thread, Craig posted some production details in another thread. No use in discussing the same in multiple threads. We weren't really on-topic anymore anyway.
Seems like a good idea.

Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back