Less Then A Week Until Preorders And No Finished Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moxie, I can understand and sympathise with your grievances but I don't think your post is very constructive. The way you write about the situation, anybody would think that the Pandora was being given away for free, but it isn't. I can see you're loyal to the cause, but to many people this is just a business transaction. Difficult customers are an inevitability!

Moxie said:
rokdcasbah said:
Seriously, most of us are tired of the emo melodrama that's going on right now. If any of you don't want to preorder, then don't preorder...
Amen

If you don't want to preorder, don't do it. If you absolutely need to have some certain set of contitions fulfilled before you feel safe about preordering, and those conditions aren't met, then just don't preorder. You haven't given anybody any money, so nobody owes you anything yet.

If you preorder anyway, Craig & co promises you a kickass handheld to be delivered by the end of november, if nothing unforeseen comes up. Then, and only then, do someone owe you anything, and that anything isn't videos, or bloggposts, or soothing words for your overactive anxieties. That "anything" is the aforementioned handheld. Everything else is bonus, gratis, extra content given away for free. You have no claim for any of it, but you are free to partake of what there is.

If you preorder, and the pandora doesn't show up by the given time, and there has been no adequate explanation, then and only then do you have anything to complain about. Until then, please shut the **** up with the entitlement crap, ok? No pretty please, cause we're way past that. It got old months ago.

Who let the kindergarten of spoiled brats in here? Seriously, if you're to sensitive to take the excitement, get off the rollercoaster already! I'm sure there are some kiddie rides for you down at the mall.

Sheez.

It's very heated way of expressing it, but it pretty much sums it up. The actual launch of the GP2X was much like this (not the public launch but the preorders that went to people of the board.) Basically people knew that by preordering the GP2X they were helping to beta test it. Before those units went out, there were a few videos, again much like the pandora videos... a screen connected to a PCB and no sound.

I'm tired of this moaning too, I want to preorder regardless of a video being shown because the Pandora looks promising. I preordered my first edition GP2X and yes it's had its problems, but it's still alive and kicking :D

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox said:
Moxie said:
rokdcasbah said:
Seriously, most of us are tired of the emo melodrama that's going on right now. If any of you don't want to preorder, then don't preorder...
Amen

If you don't want to preorder, don't do it. If you absolutely need to have some certain set of contitions fulfilled before you feel safe about preordering, and those conditions aren't met, then just don't preorder. You haven't given anybody any money, so nobody owes you anything yet.

If you preorder anyway, Craig & co promises you a kickass handheld to be delivered by the end of november, if nothing unforeseen comes up. Then, and only then, do someone owe you anything, and that anything isn't videos, or bloggposts, or soothing words for your overactive anxieties. That "anything" is the aforementioned handheld. Everything else is bonus, gratis, extra content given away for free. You have no claim for any of it, but you are free to partake of what there is.

If you preorder, and the pandora doesn't show up by the given time, and there has been no adequate explanation, then and only then do you have anything to complain about. Until then, please shut the **** up with the entitlement crap, ok? No pretty please, cause we're way past that. It got old months ago.

Who let the kindergarten of spoiled brats in here? Seriously, if you're to sensitive to take the excitement, get off the rollercoaster already! I'm sure there are some kiddie rides for you down at the mall.

Sheez.

It's very heated way of expressing it, but it pretty much sums it up. The actual launch of the GP2X was much like this (not the public launch but the preorders that went to people of the board.) Basically people knew that by preordering the GP2X they were helping to beta test it. Before those units went out, there were a few videos, again much like the pandora videos... a screen connected to a PCB and no sound.

I'm tired of this moaning too, I want to preorder regardless of a video being shown because the Pandora looks promising. I preordered my first edition GP2X and yes it's had its problems, but it's still alive and kicking :D

What were the kinds of problems you were having, if you don't mind me asking?

There should be lots of things you can dig up with searching, :) The screen protector had to be attached manually (I think they did change that?) stick responsiveness problems, and my headphone jack fell into the case, but I re-soldered that.

I don't reckon we are going to see anything like that happen with the Pandora, especially since it is a public preorder, the point is the first batch people should be prepared to take the plunge, regardless.

Moxie said:
rokdcasbah said:
Amen

Sheez.

Thank you!

And I would like to reiterate that you all are not Pandora customers yet. How can you demand something from a company you have 0% $$$ invested in? Craig & Co. took a risk in this project and they can do whatever they want/need to do. Not every single little detail needs a post. If there is a problem, you aren't the ones who have to deal with it.

ashdjones said:
Moxie, I can understand and sympathise with your grievances but I don't think your post is very constructive. The way you write about the situation, anybody would think that the Pandora was being given away for free, but it isn't. I can see you're loyal to the cause, but to many people this is just a business transaction. Difficult customers are an inevitability!
I belive you misunderstand me. I don't believe that the pandora is given away for free, and I'm not loyal to any "cause". I just wish people would be grown up enough to take reponsibility for their own decisions. Yes, it is just a business transaction. And when you do a business transaction, you look at the facts end decide whether you want to part with your money or not. Simple as that.

Would Craig get more preorders if he had videos of the final unit, a blow-by-blow account of the whole development process, a lineup of 50 commercial-quality games exclusive for pandora and a price of ten bucks? Possibly. But it is his business decisions how he decides to present the product. You, as a customer, evaluate the data at hand and come to a decision.

I have full respect for the position "I wont preorder - I'd need more input on the quality of the unit/software/gui/whtever" - That is fine with me, as is "I'll take my chances and preorder - what I've seen is enough for me". But I have nothing but contempt for the repeated naggings of "Whaaa! I need videos ofthis, payment options like that and confirmed functionality up the wazoo, or else I won't preporder and it'll be all your fault!!!" - No, it is noones responsibility but your own. You have the same facts as everyone else, and the facts will be incomplete - that is why it is called a preorder: you kind of order before (pre) the unit is finished - so do like the grownups: Look at the facts, ponder the risks and gains, come to a decision, and then show some balls (or ovaries, as the case might be) and stick to that decision.

That is how you handle a business transaction, not by alternating grovelling and playground extorsion.

I have to say, the division going on here is depressing me. It's making me want to avoid these forums altogether until after the Pandora is shipped.

Fighting never makes anybody feel good.

:(

Moxie said:
That is how you handle a business transaction, not by alternating grovelling and playground extorsion.
Yes, okay. The problem is that certain things were mentioned such as a prototype and videos before preorder. You can understand why people might not be happy.

The pre-order date is not the launch date, aka the date when they expect to be finished, therefore no one should expect it to be finished yet ... so how did you end up with an 8 page thread on this? It's not that complicated.

ashdjones said:
Moxie said:
Yes, okay. The problem is that certain things were mentioned such as a prototype and videos before preorder. You can understand why people might not be happy.

Yes, but "not happy" is something you'd have as part of your decision whether to preorder or not. "Craig said he'd show a prototype, and he didn't get it in time. I won't trust him to get the finished product in time either, then" is a valid argument. "Craig said he'd show a prototype, and he didn't, so now he OWES ME a protoype and I'll SULK about it and CALL HIM NAMES until he SHOWS ME MY PROTOTYPE" is sandbox behaviour.

I just wanted to comment that Moxie is 100% correct. I couldn't have worded my opinion any better.

ashdjones said:
I have to say, the division going on here is depressing me. It's making me want to avoid these forums altogether until after the Pandora is shipped.

Fighting never makes anybody feel good.

:(
The division I see here is that the more mature members of this forum, who have been happy to sit back and simply observe developments, have come the end of their tethers and can no longer stay quiet at the consistent drivel that has been pouring from the mouths of...lets call them less mature members of the forum, hence why I am posting this. I've learnt a lot more in life through listening and observing, then through opening my gob and demanding answers, the majority of these people wouldn't do it if they weren't sat behind their computers would they? maybe if some of the people around here took that approach we wouldn't have this division.

bazt said:
The division I see here is that the more mature members of this forum, who have been happy to sit back and simply observe developments, have come the end of their tethers and can no longer stay quiet at the consistent drivel that has been pouring from the mouths of...lets call them less mature members of the forum, hence why I am posting this. I've learnt a lot more in life through listening and observing, then through opening my gob and demanding answers, the majority of these people wouldn't do it if they weren't sat behind their computers would they? maybe if some of the people around here took that approach we wouldn't have this division.
The people asking questions didn't start by accusing anybody of being less mature. Really what is wrong with asking some questions to someone/a team that will receive 750.000 euro

I think you've misunderstood something somewhere, I didn't say there was anything wrong with asking questions. Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote and re-read what Moxie wrote and try and take it all in. ;)

Moxie said:

Sheez.

Best thing I've read all day, this is exactly what I've been saying.

Username said:
Moxie said:
Sheez.
Best thing I've read all day, this is exactly what I've been saying.

It's not like this thread has been hijacked to a different topic. "Less than a week until preorders and no finished pandora" sounds like a thread of exactly the type of posts you guys are so upset to read about.

Why not just let people whine, unwind, bitch, moan, whatever... Like others have written, it won't make development go any faster (or slower for that matter).

How difficult is it for those that find these posts annoying to just ignore it and read the threads you want to read? If someone demands this or that, let them demand it. It's not like you're obligated to respond. If a person from the actual development team cares to respond let them. They should know what their priorities are and either keep working on the project or agree and throw these guys a bone.

I think Squidge and Evildragon are pretty good examples of that. You don't see them getting bent out of shape over it. If someone wants to waste their energy, let them. Why waste your own too? Why care?

all this "I understand, but....WUA WUA" is pointless. If you have a problem with waiting. Too F-ing bad. Shut your whining trap and don't preorder and leave the boards. Come back for the second batch. That is if the devs want to go through another batch of bitching by impatient babies. Hopefully you cry babies won't preorder and when the second bath rolls around you'll have to pay $399+ for one.
What? Say something.

Fat" Agnus said:
It's not like this thread has been hijacked to a different topic. "Less than a week until preorders and no finished pandora" sounds like a thread of exactly the type of posts you guys are so upset to read about.

Why not just let people whine, unwind, bitch, moan, whatever... Like others have written, it won't make development go any faster (or slower for that matter).

How difficult is it for those that find these posts annoying to just ignore it and read the threads you want to read? If someone demands this or that, let them demand it. It's not like you're obligated to respond. If a person from the actual development team cares to respond let them. They should know what their priorities are and either keep working on the project or agree and throw these guys a bone.

I think Squidge and Evildragon are pretty good examples of that. You don't see them getting bent out of shape over it. If someone wants to waste their energy, let them. Why waste your own too? Why care?
Totally agree. There is a big part of the people on this forum that likes to see more details. The loudmouths can jump and scream and make offensive remarks. That will not change this.
I hope we can get back to civilized conversation. Like Fat Agnes said, if you don't like threads like this, don't read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back