Just Had My 2Nd Batch Pre-Order Email

It's either a price you're prepared to pay for the product being offered, or it is not. Fairness and capitalism do not make for happy bedfellows. I don't buy the whole 'rip off Britain' thing, it's a small price to pay for living in the best country in the World. Besides, we have relatively low taxes so the fact that products cost more more or less levels it all out in the end.

kaprikawn said:
It's either a price you're prepared to pay for the product being offered, or it is not. Fairness and capitalism do not make for happy bedfellows. I don't buy the whole 'rip off Britain' thing, it's a small price to pay for living in the best country in the World. Besides, we have relatively low taxes so the fact that products cost more more or less levels it all out in the end.
*OFF-TOPIC*
Most beautiful country maybe, but best......I doubt it. Of course any person who lives in X country is probably going to be bias about it. I have never been to Britain but I know people who have went there and have said they would never want to live there. Each country probably appeals more to certain people than others. Just like States in the USA, I live in Oklahoma, some people would say Oklahoma sucks compared to California or Florida.

*ON-TOPIC*
Agree with you about the price for whats being offered. Each product appeals to different people the idea is to make a product that appeals to a wide variety of people and I believe the Pandora does this. Could the Pandora of had HDMI, Gryoscope, accelerometer, GPS, 3G, better screen and better specs...yes...would it of been $349......no way. Can a bigger company make a similar product with these features and have a similar design to the Pandora...yes....will they...probably not.....do most people wish they could pay $399 for a 1Ghz (OC to 1.2Ghz or higher) CPU, 512MB RAM, with something like 2GB built in NAND, 8GB SDHC included, HDMI, same keyboard and control layout in clamshell design like the Pandora.....of course. Is that required to achieve what the Pandora is trying to achieve.....no...and thats how it fits in the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just curious about the reference to the phone's mentioned above, whether that's on contract or not as that tends to impact the price.

Well, in keeping with the theme of the topic's title, I got my pre-order email a few days ago and have placed my order. :) Good ol' tax refund money has it's uses!

Well as I said I am going to get a Pandora, sent off my please send me a bill email yesterday (Sunday 4th) so will pay today when I get the send us your money link.

Ian

One thing to remember about the Pandora. It is not made by a multi-billion dollar mega-corporation who can afford to make mass quantities of devices in China for pennies on the dollar.

It is also not a phone where the hardware is subsidized by calling plans and contracts that you are obligated to buy for a certain amont of time.

It is a small niche device made by enthusiasts and small quantity devices are always more. Think of it as supporting a philosophy and grass roots effort for freedom of use. It is your device when you buy it, and you don't have a big-brother corporation telling you what you can and can't do with the device. What is the price of freedom?

Go and try to tell Apple or Sony that you want X feature in upcomming firmware etc. See how far you get :)

To add a completely non-quantifiable opinion,

It is more than worth it in my opinion. I will be buying a second one, no question. There really is nothing like this. To go from using the nubs in a game, to the touch screen in another game, to browsing, then downloading files, modifying them in a terminal with a honest to goodness keyboard, and not having to charge the battery all day...

it's worth it...

Back