Just Had My 2Nd Batch Pre-Order Email

shillbert

Still Fresh
As per topic

I've been calculating the UK price based on the $330 showing on GBAX.com

I'm a little shocked at the new price. That's before I add in a carry case, TV out lead & a Dev fund donation.

I may have to wait a while before ordering.

Gutted

:(

yeah pretty sure the cost in USD has gone up to $349 or something. now the first batch is complete they realize they cannot manufacture the pandora for the original price of $330.

Ian_J said:
As per topic

I've been calculating the UK price based on the $330 showing on GBAX.com

I'm a little shocked at the new price. That's before I add in a carry case, TV out lead & a Dev fund donation.

I may have to wait a while before ordering.

Gutted

:(
I don't understand that's $19 difference isn't it? or am I missing something? that's like roughly £12 which would pay for 3 or 4 pints of beer in a pub. seems minuscule difference. I guess everyone has there limits though

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, thats better, not worse then early predictions of the price change. I'd go as far as to say it's a good thing really. Yeah, I'm still thinking it's to expensive, and not designed in a way that makes me tick, so I'm not getting one, but com on. It's pretty much the same as it's always been. It might be as much as 5 tap-beers in here in Sweden tho.

B!

Actually no it's much more than that.

The uk price on the email would equate to a USD price of $425

Out of interest how much did the 1st batch cost?

Ian_J said:

The uk price on the email would equate to a $ price of $425

That does not sound right to me, $425 sounds like commercial suicide, any chance you could copy / paste the contents of the email to a forum post?

Edit : My 1st batch model ordered on day 1 of pre-orders cost £207 delivered to UK, think that was $330, not sure, but the pound was a fair bit stronger vs the dollar back then.

Ian_J said:

The uk price on the email would equate to a USD price of $425

Out of interest how much did the 1st batch cost?

hum, is there some vat?

UK GBP PRICE

Pandora £279.99 (includes VAT)

Accessories
TV OUT £14.99
CARRY CASE £14.99
BATTERY £21.99
POWER ADAPTOR £9.99
Stylus £5.50
Dev Fund donation £10

UPS/Special Delivery shipping £8.00 (UK)

don't forget that for the 1st batch they sold at lost.

the 2nd batch shows the real price of the components, the inside contains expensive components maybe.

RenegadeChic said:
yeah pretty sure the cost in USD has gone up to $349 or something. now the first batch is complete they realize they cannot manufacture the pandora for the original price of $330.

We could have, if the USD / EUR hadn't changed that much.

Craig was working with UKP, I was working with EUR.

330USD (Pandora price up until now) would be 269EUR at the moment. Adding 19% VAT (for me in Germany) was 320 EUR.

On January 1st 2010, the same 330 USD were 229 EUR (or 272 EUR incl. VAT)
Price in September 2008 was about the same as January 1st 2010.

Back then, a price of 300 USD (that were those 249 incl. VAT I had) just covers our costs.
However, since we had the PayPal and bank issue, we couldn't pay the parts until November.
And on November 14th, 2008, those 249 EUR we got from the preorderers only were worth 261 USD (instead of those 300 USD we planned).

So the costs for getting the parts for 4000 Pandoras increased by a whopping 156.000 USD (just because we paid them in November instead of October!)
Therefore, we rose the price to 330 USD in February, to at least not pay more per Pandora then we get.

However, we also paid the development costs ourselves. And since the USD changed, it did cost us 100.000 USD more than originally planned.
Therefore, we had 256.000 USD more expenses just because of thad stupid exchange rate...

While we could afford that for the first batch, we can't afford to do this for future batches :)
We need to get that money back at least. We can't make money from software like other companies. [I'm stupid spammer] one Pandora and if [I'm stupid spammer] it at a loss, there's no way getting it back.

Still, prices for comparable OMAP3 devices are still higher, so it's not that bad.
If you take a look at what you can do with a Pandora, it's still a good price :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Still, prices for comparable OMAP3 devices are still higher, so it's not that bad.
If you take a look at what you can do with a Pandora, it's still a good price :)

so ... whats the price then in euro? and is preordering possible with you already?

crow_riot said:
EvilDragon said:

so ... whats the price then in euro? and is preordering possible with you already?

Will send out eMails to people who were interested in getting one from the first batch probably this weekend.
Price will be 340 EUR (incl. VAT and shipping within Germany)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
RenegadeChic said:

We could have, if the USD / EUR hadn't changed that much.

Craig was working with UKP, I was working with EUR.

330USD (Pandora price up until now) would be 269EUR at the moment. Adding 19% VAT (for me in Germany) was 320 EUR.

On January 1st 2010, the same 330 USD were 229 EUR (or 272 EUR incl. VAT)
Price in September 2008 was about the same as January 1st 2010.

Back then, a price of 300 USD (that were those 249 incl. VAT I had) just covers our costs.
However, since we had the PayPal and bank issue, we couldn't pay the parts until November.
And on November 14th, 2008, those 249 EUR we got from the preorderers only were worth 261 USD (instead of those 300 USD we planned).

So the costs for getting the parts for 4000 Pandoras increased by a whopping 156.000 USD (just because we paid them in November instead of October!)
Therefore, we rose the price to 330 USD in February, to at least not pay more per Pandora then we get.

However, we also paid the development costs ourselves. And since the USD changed, it did cost us 100.000 USD more than originally planned.
Therefore, we had 256.000 USD more expenses just because of thad stupid exchange rate...

While we could afford that for the first batch, we can't afford to do this for future batches :)
We need to get that money back at least. We can't make money from software like other companies. [I'm stupid spammer] one Pandora and if [I'm stupid spammer] it at a loss, there's no way getting it back.

I must not understand. Is the price $425 USD than? I surely hope not.

Derek said:
I must not understand. Is the price $425 USD than? I surely hope not.

I think that 425us$ is including the UK VAT, that you'll obviously not pay if you're from US...

USD PRICE

Pandora $349

Accessories:
TV OUT $21.99
CARRY CASE $21.99
BATTERY $30.99
Power Adaptor $14.99
Stylus $ 8.00
Dev Fund donation $20

Air Mail shipping $25
UPS 24/48 hr shipping $49