It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One thing that confuses me a bit is this German VAT Drop that will appear from July on to help to get business increase after the Corona Crysis Shotdown ,
This means that Pyra are getting cheaper for the customer because they pay only 16 % VAT , instead of 19 % ..
but Dragonbox GmbH pays 19 % for most of the parts as some where sitting for years on Stock??
So dit Evildragon lost 3 % on every Pyra??

Whit best regards, Matthias

If VAT works in Germany as it does in the UK (afaik is is pretty much harmonised EU-wide), then the GmbH would have not paid the VAT on the parts - it is claimed back from the tax office at the end of the quarter they were bought in. Likewise the VAT paid on Pyras goes to the tax office at the end of each quarter.

but Dragonbox GmbH pays 19 % for most of the parts as some where sitting for years on Stock??
Normally V.A.T is only paid by the final customer. Once a customer buys a Pyra, and pays the VAT, ED can show the government that someone did pay the VAT and the government will reimburse him.

Sorry if I have to ask, my trainee for Office Sales Man is now more than 10 Years ago, and i don’t make lots whit the VAT I our Beeceeper Store as im more on Sales, and some physical works, I write selling bills whit the VAT on, but this is automatic

I wouldn’t mind to pay the price whit the old VAT to support the Project

In the wake of the pyra production I reflashed my pandora it has been stuck at some commandline thing where I couldt type my password that contained special characters only to be typed with fn. But I finally managed to reflash it and make it a hybrid of my silver and black cases, with some fresh screws. And it really feels like seeing an old friend I havent seen for a long time. And I still love the pnd system just popping in an old SD card and woop everything is back. Now to dive into all the new exciting software :)

Not sure why I posted this in the news section but just felt like sharing :D

Probably end of July / early August.
The PCBs have all been populated already, only waiting for the heat spreaders and the case coating, everything else is already done.

The server was down because the rootfs was out of storage :D
So, it has been over 5.5 years of prototype development hell since you started work on it up till the likely date of mass production of the whole Pyra parts for assembly and shipping to customers. Wow, what a grand time it has been watching all of it from the sidelines. All the toil, the toil...

So, it has been over 5.5 years of prototype development hell since you started work on it up till the likely date of mass production of the whole Pyra parts for assembly and shipping to customers. Wow, what a grand time it has been watching all of it from the sidelines. All the toil, the toil...
“Good things come to those who wait”...

It's getting closer for me to being here for six years, first as a lurker and as a member a few months later...
I didn't know back then what I was getting into, but I've always been glad to have been here for the journey. I'm not as much into emulation as I was back then, as now I'd rather play the original systems (with maybe an exception for PS1 with accurate geometry and texture mapping though, and arcade cabs/expensive consoles because collecting those would be a nightmare). Yet I'm still interested in having both a capable gaming laptop and a smartphone in one compact form factor, and I want to learn Linux with it. And of course I'm not letting go of my preorder number !!! :p
In all seriousness, I've been waiting for it for so long that even if I didn't want one anymore, I'd still want to see it for myself if it's been worth the wait. And I'm sure it has. I still keep my pamphlet from the Libre Software Meeting in 2017 and will hold on to it in memory of all the false hope and enthusiasm we shared along the way :)

I remember the keyboard layouts, the color polls, the trouble with the molds, the noisy capacitors, the doubt over the GPD Win...
And losing @moxie...

It's been a long road and there is still some ahead. But here we are, getting closer to release with each passing day. And surely I might not be the only one having trouble believing it to be this close and tangible.
With lives and priorities shifting, people interested/invested in the Pyra come and go but (not unlike the Pyra itself) we, as a community, live on.

It's getting closer for me to being here for six years, first as a lurker and as a member a few months later...
I didn't know back then what I was getting into, but I've always been glad to have been here for the journey. I'm not as much into emulation as I was back then, as now I'd rather play the original systems (with maybe an exception for PS1 with accurate geometry and texture mapping though, and arcade cabs/expensive consoles because collecting those would be a nightmare). Yet I'm still interested in having both a capable gaming laptop and a smartphone in one compact form factor, and I want to learn Linux with it. And of course I'm not letting go of my preorder number !!! :p
In all seriousness, I've been waiting for it for so long that even if I didn't want one anymore, I'd still want to see it for myself if it's been worth the wait. And I'm sure it has. I still keep my pamphlet from the Libre Software Meeting in 2017 and will hold on to it in memory of all the false hope and enthusiasm we shared along the way :)

I remember the keyboard layouts, the color polls, the trouble with the molds, the noisy capacitors, the doubt over the GPD Win...
And losing @moxie...

It's been a long road and there is still some ahead. But here we are, getting closer to release with each passing day. And surely I might not be the only one having trouble believing it to be this close and tangible.
With lives and priorities shifting, people interested/invested in the Pyra come and go but (not unlike the Pyra itself) we, as a community, live on.
Touchingly put :'(

Does anyone know if there's a way to check on the status of 'gift cards' on dragonbox.de. I've been putting money in to the Pyra pot over the years but have lost track of where I've got to with the payments!

Does anyone know if there's a way to check on the status of 'gift cards' on dragonbox.de. I've been putting money in to the Pyra pot over the years but have lost track of where I've got to with the payments!
This is why I just want a formal process for paying the rest of my system off, as opposed to trying to figure out how much credit to put in.

Well according to my Dragonbox Acount, I don’t have a Voucher, but i think this might be just because the Pyra Voucher could be handeled as a special thing to prevent the customers from use this voucher for other things than it was supposed for ..

I wonder what would happen if someone forget about it’s preeorder and buy a regular Pyra Unit ..

The Preeorder Pyra would then stay blocked until eternity??

Or are these Special Preeorder Pyra just Stickers, and my Pyra 28 isn’t the 28. Pyra that rolls of the Production Band??

If I think about this, it’s too many effort, because this would mean they have to put a number on every Pyra Part to keep clear that it’s Pyra 28 ..

Back