It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sorry, had a tooth pulled and am on some strong pain meds atm, must have glazed over that.

Unless I am misunderstanding, wouldn't neutrino decay cause a decreasing forcing apart speed? As apposed to the ramping up speed we seemingly have. Though, I don't know much about neutrinos, I can't see how, without a white hole, that we could have a ramping up of decay.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk
Neutrino decay is continuous and regular. However, gravity lessens exponentially with distance.
A neutrino fired 'out' would have the effect of pushing the universe in.
A neutrino fired 'in' would have the effect of pushing the universe out AND have the odd chance of colliding with mass along the way, pushing that mass out a bit as well.
The two combined, result in a net outward pressure. An extremely slow moving explosion if you will.
As the distances between galaxies increases, their net gravitational attraction to each other decreases non-linearly.
The same regular pressure, or even lessening but always net outward, can then result in an acceleration of galaxies away from 'the middle'.

So the quantum Pyra is in production now and is also not in production now (but in two months of course). Hurray for the black matter case and the spinning keyboard !
What do you mean, I mixed up everything?

Like with a lot of other things dark matter comes about because of the theory and the experiment. And the discrepancy between both. Changing einsteins cosmological constant can make the universe static,constant or expanding (or in a oscilating state) we observe an expanding universe. And to get all know equations fitting we need more mass, it could be our equations just do not hold in the entire universe. Especially beyond the event horizons of black holes things get unkown. Dark matter could easily be not nessesary anymore with some unkown physics happening there.

Weve seen newton has some limiting cases, current physics seems to be also limited and might not hold bevond the event horizon, or in the very, very,very early universe.

current physics seems to be also limited and might not hold bevond the event horizon
As I understand it. current theories don't even try to make statements about anything beyond the event horizon. So nothing to falsefy there. ?

As I understand it. current theories don't even try to make statements about anything beyond the event horizon. So nothing to falsefy there. ?
Well the predicted singularity (by current theory) lies beyond the event horizon, thus the current theory does say something about it. The current theory even predicts the event horizon.

Well the predicted singularity (by current theory) lies beyond the event horizon, thus the current theory does say something about it.
And doesn't that mean that the domain of the function ends at the event horizon? That the theory used to predict the singularity is not complete there?

time compression happens because the earths rotation is accelerating. this also explains why we live longer and are taller. elementary kinematics.

And doesn't that mean that the domain of the function ends at the event horizon? That the theory used to predict the singularity is not complete there?

It could be. But for now we predict physics beyond the event horizon to be the same as before it. It is just shielded from us and not connected by causality. Therfore indeed you are right that we cannot falsify it.
Post automatically merged:

time compression happens because the earths rotation is accelerating. this also explains why we live longer and are taller. elementary kinematics.

I think grench time dilation lies more in the field of psychology though.

That may be, but your logic is not part of that evidence because
- If X then Y
- Y
- Therefore X
is invalid.
of course. X is QM, Y is nonlocal EPR effects. but let's let Z equal some classical, hidden variable theory of things.

if Z, then not Y.
Y
therefore, not Z.

you're not an expert on everything. Grench, too, has some weird ideas about physics (we had a discussion on time relativity where he was in the Newton, not Einstein camp - and thus wrong). also neutrinos are not an option currently for dark matter. armchair speculation is fun, but there are incredibly smart people thinking about these things...

of course. X is QM, Y is nonlocal EPR effects. but let's let Z equal some classical, hidden variable theory of things.

if Z, then not Y.
Y
therefore, not Z.
I know about modus tollens and it's validity, but I'm not sure what you're getting at with this.

you're not an expert on everything. Grench, too, has some weird ideas about physics (we had a discussion on time relativity where he was in the Newton, not Einstein camp - and thus wrong). also neutrinos are not an option currently for dark matter. armchair speculation is fun, but there are incredibly smart people thinking about these things...
I'm not a fan of just blindly following whatever "incredibly smart people" say. I take many things that are said to me without evidence with a grain of salt. So I'm neutral on a lot of things. Also, I'm not sure what you mean with "armchair speculation". How is that different from normal speculation?

I know about modus tollens and it's validity, but I'm not sure what you're getting at with this.
anything that explains EPR effects has to be at least as weird as QM, essentially. you can't think classically about these things anymore, since classical explanations predict a different result from what experiments show.

I'm not a fan of just blindly following whatever "incredibly smart people" say. I take many things that are said to me without evidence with a grain of salt. So I'm neutral on a lot of things. Also, I'm not sure what you mean with "armchair speculation". How is that different from normal speculation?
it requires a pipe, so one looks as pretentious as one sounds. if you want to go toe to toe with Einstein, Dirac, and Schroedinger, et al., you'll need a lot more schooling. get a degree, write some papers to show them who knows better, etc.

or, stop using the internet until you know how it works, among other things brought to us by science and trusting people smarter than ourselves...

And to get all know equations fitting we need more mass

Agreed. But to jump from that statement to, "There must be some magical invisible undetectable fairy dust substance for which we have to take the presence of based on faith that we will call Dark Matter," isn't science anymore. I am in the camp that such exotic explanations are likely unnecessary. Far more likely, there is normal matter/mass in the universe that we're simply not seeing because it is not currently involved in a massive ongoing nuclear fireball (star).

When calculating the mass of the universe, there are several known bits.
We know the mass of stars.
We know the locations of and can get a pretty solid estimate of the mass of black holes
We know the -hot- portion of the IGM (Intergalactic Medium) - the part that emits X-rays and other radiation and can estimate the net mass/energy of that.
We know from observation that there must be more mass/energy in the universe than the above can account for.

Jumping from, "We know that there is mass unaccounted for" to "Exotic Fairy Dust (Dark Matter / Dark Energy) that we cannot see or detect is 95% of the mass/energy of the universe" is a cop out.
Much more likely, we have a higher density of high velocity neutrons and hydrogen in the Intergalactic Medium than previous guesstimates can account for.

The volume of the universe is estimated at 3.58*10^80 m^3.
The mass of observable 'ordinary matter', which translates to 'hot observable matter' is around 1.5*10^54 kg.
The 'missing mass/energy' that gets called "Dark Matter" is estimated at around 20 times the 'ordinary matter' - which would be around 3*10^55 kg.
The mass of a neutron is 1.67492749805×10−27 kg.
If the entirety of "Dark Matter" were replaced with neutrons, that would be 8.95*10^80 neutrons.
Spread those 8.95*10^80 neutrons evenly through the 3.58*10^80 m^3 of volume results in an average density of 2.5 -static- individual neutrons per cubic meter of space. The faster those neutrons are moving, the fewer of them would be needed to make the calculation work (energy).

So, which hypothesis is more likely to be true?
A. That we haven't got detection equipment necessary to spot an average additional density of 2.5 "cold" non-radiating neutrons per cubic meter of intergalactic space.
or
B. That there is this exotic fairy dust that we cannot see, classify or detect called "Dark Matter" that is the equivalent of 95% of the mass/energy of the universe.

Last edited:
or, stop using the internet until you know how it works, among other things brought to us by science and trusting people smarter than ourselves...
The Internet is not brought to us by trusting other people. We have actual evidence that the Internet exists i.e. the Internet itself which we have access to.

As for science, I believe science. But I need to hear the things to believe from science directly without middleman.

There is no need to 'believe' in science you can check it for yourself. Also on the bleeding edge a lot of 'stuff' is just not settled yet.

On the other hand there is also no need to always distrust second hand accounts.

Off course on the internet you cannot see who you are dealing with, all I can do is reveil my sources, those are mainly books, Ive read quite a bit about these subjects the latest books are quite fresh on my mind (finished them last week), and are the road to reality by Roger penrose and a Dutch book by Roel andringa-boxum who recently got his phd on quantum gravity and won a national prize on his thesis.

And I myself have a phd in moleculair biology, so I know the workings of science. And published a handfull of articles together with physicist on the subject of super resolution microscopy. And the closest related to this subject was a paper on detecting Alpha particle trajectories in a crystal. (I have not been a first author on these papers though) I have published a couple of handsful of papers on biological subjects also there I have a some first author papers and one last author paper.

Just to break the anonimity a little bit...

Last edited:
Back