Ithic.com Visits Portland in September for Retro Gaming Expo

Hey Link,

What is your booth location for PRGE? I know it's kinda silly that I'm asking you this out of the blue, but it turns out one of the guys who runs the thing came by my house today to pick up some Commodore stuff and after seeing my Pandora wanted to talk to you about it and your booth. He even took pictures of my Pandora with his camera :) So he must at least have some interest.

I don't know where I'll be at the Expo. But its just around the corner and I'm hoping ED will get me some 1GHz units before the event.

Could you try contacting Sean (one of the event organizers) about your booth? Maybe he knows your booth location based on a name basis. He's interested in talking to you. Here's one of his E-mails:

sysop@c64club.com

Could you try contacting Sean (one of the event organizers) about your booth? Maybe he knows your booth location based on a name basis. He's interested in talking to you. Here's one of his E-mails:

sysop@c64club.com

I just dropped Sean an email.

Thanks man!

UPDATE TIME!

PRGE just dropped the floorplans for this year's expo. iThic.com is located behind NintendoAge, and is not too far away from the entrance!

VdBsG.png

You can see the full map here:

http://retrogamingexpo.com/prge2012_floorplan_for_web.pdf

Anyone have any ideas on how I should setup this single table booth?

I've worked HUGE events before (Seattle Hempfest 2008, 100K people).

Anyone know of something I can use to tether a Pandora or two to the table, so I don't have to worry about them walking away?

I will be giving out free gifts to all people who play with the Pandora at the table.

Also, I'm debating as to whether I should have the Pandora units on display set to XFCE or MiniMenu, and what .PNDs to include on them for demo purposes.

I'm open to your suggestions and thoughts here, so please share them!!!!

Thank you in advance!

Anyone have any ideas on how I should setup this single table booth?

Have one half dedicated to mech and the other half to demonstrations. Actually, you might want to allow a lot of room for demonstrations. I'd imagine not a ton of people being too interested in a Pandora T-Shirt. (Well, I would be... :p )

Anyone know of something I can use to tether a Pandora or two to the table, so I don't have to worry about them walking away?

Well, the Pandora does have holes to lace something through. it's not that big though, so it'd have to be some kind of thin metal wire - just not too thin that someone could bend it until it breaks :p

Also, I'm debating as to whether I should have the Pandora units on display set to XFCE or MiniMenu, and what .PNDs to include on them for demo purposes.

If you are going to have more then a single Pandora unit on display, then I'd split it 50/50. If you have an odd number though I'd suggest hedging towards XFCE. People might find that to be more impressive.

As for PND's, I can't think of every single one to add, but just a few:

- Mupen64 and PSXreARMed. People seem to at least be a little impressed to see those running.

- KAMI RETRO. If you have purchased the game, it would be great to show it off. It's a game some people would recognize from recent times.

- Super Geometry Dust. A Great game that makes good use of the nubs, which some consider to be a unique feature of the Pandora. Forget Me Not is also a good one.

- PND Manager. If it's possible, it'd be good to be able to show how easy it is to upgrade existing software.

- Classic Console Emulators in general. I mean, this is a RETRO gaming expo. There will more then likely be people asking if it can run NES / Atari / Commodore.

- A few non-game programs, such as MyPaint, Audacious and a movie player. Just to show that there is more to the device then just playing games.

And that's all I can think of for now. Hopefully someone else will pop in with some more suggestions.

Alright guys.... just a heads up, the expo is this Saturday!

I will be bringing a Camera and will try to get a video up of the booth Saturday night (I will not be at the expo Sunday :p ).

I'll also bring my Pandora (Mine was one of the first $500 units). I won't spend a ton of time at the ithic booth (I've got some games to find!) But I'll be sure to spend enough time to get some decent footage. I'll have friends there to help film so it won't be a POV cam job.

Just a heads up that when I wake up I'll be loading the car in the morning for this event.

I look forward to meeting new people and showing them the power of the Pandora.

Unfortunately I won't have any 1GHz units until Monday as ED & I experienced some technical difficulties last week trying to create the label for the shipment.

I'm pretty confident that I can show off the Pandora with a few games and won't need a 1GHz unit anyway, it would be nice if Super Geometry Dust was fixed.

Just wanted to drop a quick update from the Gaming Expo.

Feedback has been excellent on the Pandora, booth has had people at it most of the day, I've handed out tons of business cards.

Only complaint is price.

Good news is that I've had two media outlets want to write about the Pandora. One of those is super stoked and would like a review unit so that they can even do an interview with me on Skype. There's a lot of people who don't know about the Pandora, some who know parts of the story, some who think they know the story, and some who just walk by without a second look.

That's all for now, need to eat, and prepare for the 3 hour party of beer & video games tonight!

Hey, i know the guy in blue !

Drinking orange juice ? ;)

Sry i didn't see the suggestion request, i would have said show Slack with Xfce, it's a US distribution born in Minnesota.

At GamesCom i showed Marvel Super Heroes, which have colorful and pretty graphics, and WipeOut 2097 for the speed and 3D, both on PSX.

Back