Is There A Way To Hide The Spam Forum?

Nah, I think the idea with the "random redundant moron talk" pass is quite good.
And to find out who gets a pass - oh this is genius - there will always be a vote for incredibly stupid posts. The person who is voted idiotic by a majority gets a pass and is asked to use that forum for spam... for this post I would like to call a vote on myself: I WANT THAT PASS! NOW!!!

HELP ME GUYS. I DISLIKE A FORUM THAT TAKES UP ABOUT 100 PIXELS OF HEIGHT ON THE FORUMS LISTING. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN MAKE IT VANISH BECAUSE I HAVE TERRIBLE IMPULSE CONTROL AND I CAN'T "IGNORE" IT!!! IT ALSO GETS IN THE WAY OF THE VIEW NEW POSTS FEATURE OH GOD I HATE SEEING THREAD TITLES THAT DISINTEREST ME THERE HELP HELP

Because the posts in the GP32 forums are really useful to the several thousand members that only have a GP2X...

iignotus posted on Sep 5 2006 at 01:01 AM said:
In other words, stop fucking up, Rico :) :)
You know it was out of my hands.

I think some members are (incorrectly) assuming that we don't care about the view new posts feature. In reality I practically closed the spam forum down as soon as I realised that it was causing problems. It was resurrected a little bit early, before the view new posts feature was patched to ignore the spam forum. During this gap lots of people got pissed off, understandably. But on the other hand, we did no permanent damage. The spam threads have now magically disappeared from the view new posts feature, and the whopping half dozen people who posted here in anger can go back to their respective forums now.

To put things into perspective, thread subscriptions were broken how long?

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox posted on Sep 5 2006 at 11:30 AM said:
I think half a dozen is an underestimate... that's just the number of people that voiced their oppinion...
Rico posted on Sep 5 2006 at 09:26 AM said:
The spam threads have now magically disappeared from the view new posts feature, and the whopping half dozen people who posted here in anger can go back to their respective forums now.
Seems to me to be the perfect estimate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back