Forum Sections?

The statement to vote on is a bit strange, especially the last part - I think it is better to propose changes than to "foresee" some kind of pessimistic future.

This is how I would structure it:

Pandora

• Official OpenPandora News
    Ask Craig questions
  • Ask Evildragon questions

news posts at this level

[*]General talk

[*]Support

[*]Software

• Releases - Released applications and games (the old Software news)
  • Beta testing
  • GNU/Linux
  • Android

[*]Hardware (current and future)

• 1Ghz Pandoras
  • Pandora 2 discussion - post your ideas and concepts here

[*]Development section

[*](Investors board, move to bottom)

iControlpad

• General talk
  • Support
  • Beta testing
  • Development

Product 3

• General talk

Off topic

• General talk
    Questions

old general talk at this level

[*]Other consoles

[*]Trading

[*]Spellbound Games

[edit]Added spoiler tag to reduce post length[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry SONY I don't think the poll is very useful as it stands, I would scrap it or revise it if Wally thinks it would add any value to this thread.

Any chance any of the forum layout changes suggested here will actually be implemented?

The most confusing thing is where to discuss (new) software: it can end up in the "Software News" section, in "Beta testing", in "Development Section > General Talk", in "General Talk", in "Linux OS", and even in "Support" if someone found a problem with it.

I'm reading here, no need to PM.

Was waiting for others to join the discussion, to find out what they think about it.

But maybe we could join "Software News" and "Beta Testing" and include tags you select while making a post like "Beta", "Release", "Concept", etc.

I'd like to know whats happening with the whole ask Craig questions section. I tried to post something in the Product 3 sub section and found for some reason I cant post anymore in that thread??

Is this because of this new lets allow craig to answer feature, if so, id say get rid of it , as it's causing more problems than it's meant to fix.

I'd like to know whats happening with the whole ask Craig questions section. I tried to post something in the Product 3 sub section and found for some reason I cant post anymore in that thread??

Is this because of this new lets allow craig to answer feature, if so, id say get rid of it , as it's causing more problems than it's meant to fix.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/9010-appsopenpandoraorg/page__st__20#entry163200

By the way, where is this Product 3 sub section you speak of?

I'm talking about the Product 3 Thread under Ask Craig Questions. Suddenly you are no longer able to post in it anymore. If it's because of the Craig needs to answer first thing, I'm struggling to work out what in that thread he needs to respond to ?

I was going to ask where the teaser pic is , seeing since it's the end of June.

I just posted in it, so I'm not sure what you meant by "you are no longer able to post in it anymore"?

Sure, you're a mod.

It seems Craig changed the permissions so that only he and mods can reply to topics there, but everyone can start topics.

Not sure if this is the best solution, it might be better to have all posts in that section to be approved, then people could still stay on topic once Craig replied.

But maybe we could join "Software News" and "Beta Testing" and include tags you select while making a post like "Beta", "Release", "Concept", etc.

+1 on this proposal, it's a good start. Let's just call it "Software" or "Pandora Software".

I just posted in it, so I'm not sure what you meant by "you are no longer able to post in it anymore"?

Sure, you're a mod.

It seems Craig changed the permissions so that only he and mods can reply to topics there, but everyone can start topics.

Not sure if this is the best solution, it might be better to have all posts in that section to be approved, then people could still stay on topic once Craig replied.

Thank you ED, I wasn't fully aware that this had occurred, or maybe I just misunderstood Craig.

EDIT: I had misread something earlier, it's my fault for not knowing.

I am fine with the current sections. It is good to have separate sections for some topics, and they are pretty active too. Usually all sections have a 'today' last post.

If you are going to update the forum at least don't do anything as silly as on the http://www.gp32x.de/board/ that forum is just ruined because of re-arranging.

Thanks.

Back