Can I Please Start Again On The Right Foot This Time

delaneyblues

Still Fresh
Ok here goes,

About me:
My real name is Leanne I am 28 and live in the U.K with my 3 girls age 6 and twins at 2.Iam a An Events Manager for a Blues Brothers Tribute here in the U.K and also a full time mum.I too like obviously many on here LOVE my Gp2x and got my F200 for christmas.

Apologies
I would like to apologise for my moody behaviour as generally Iam not a moody person.I also apologise for my previous post taking up forum space,and i apologise for saying your all saddo's who cant get laid.

In My Defence:
Since i joined this group i have had nothing but sharp comments,and also had a post removed as i did something wrong but in my defence I ddnt even know what a 'rom' was,so wasnt aware Ihad done wrong.
As for the leaving post and coming back try knowing people are slagging you off and not going back to read what people have wrote its not easy (Maybe this is a woman thing).

Punctuation:
Yes I totally agree that my spelling.grammer and punctuation is not the best and get lazy,I am usually on a twin mum forum and this is were my lazyness comes from as we just type away on there with no consideration for all the spelling.grammer and punctuation stuff. Im sure there is loads wrong with this post but im afraid Iam typing the best i can.

General:
Iam generally a nice person but when you feel the whole world and his mother is 'off' with you its not easy to not get a lttle touchy (maybe an understatment).

So what do you say guys can we make a fresh start???????????????

Not sure if mod's can do this but it would help a great deal if my 'Thats It Im Leaving'post could be removed

Cheers Guys
Leanne 'Delaney' Blues.

:D

Nice to hear you're not really off - think too many people jumped on the bandwagon personally ;)
People just get a bit fed up with 'lazy posts' that are hard to read I guess.

I agree with kevcal, do not take all the bashing too personally, as this is not really a forum about people, its about a console that we all love (or love to hate, depending on my mood ;) ).

Readable posts are great, and also is posting in the correct section (for instance, posts asking for help generally fair better in the *I need help!* section, posts about ideas and stuff belong in the *Wishes and ideas* thread) I do not blame you for being over excited about owning a GP2X though. I personally love mine, even with some of the many bugs it has.

Happy gaming :)

We're glad you take it that way. Yes, we like rules to be followed and we can be a bit sarcastic. But well, that's just for fun, the GP2X is for our leisure, so are those boards.

Anyway, we're not such bad people and of course we don't really mean it when we make fun of someone, so you are much welcome. Just be a little respectful of the few basic common sense rules we got (like, not insulting people, that would be a good start) and we will in turn be to you.

That's a nice post, delaneyblues, and it's good to see you making an effort to improve readability. Thank you.

delaneyblues said:
Apologies
I would like to apologise for my moody behaviour as generally Iam not a moody person.I also apologise for my previous post taking up forum space,and i apologise for saying your all saddo's who cant get laid.

When I see the reactions to your post (5 pages), I think there's no need to apologize, people overreacted, don't take it so personally.

Punctuation:
Yes I totally agree that my spelling.grammer and punctuation is not the best and get lazy,I am usually on a twin mum forum and this is were my lazyness comes from as we just type away on there with no consideration for all the spelling.grammer and punctuation stuff. Im sure there is loads wrong with this post but im afraid Iam typing the best i can.
My english is poor and I prefer reading than writing, the minimum to me is majusculs at the beginning of sentences
and spaces after commas and points that make the text easier to read.

Don't forget this is a just a forum, nothing more , nothing less. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really enjoying the flaming, and now you call a cease fire? What am I going to do for entertainment now? Watch Eastenders? (ugh)

Seriously though... These forums have an unusual dynamic about them that sometimes leads to threads descending into flames and name-calling, more than is normal even on the interweb. Personally I suspect it's because there are two (overlapping) camps here: geeks who like playing with cool stuff, and gamers who like playing cool stuff made by geeks. Geeks value clear and precise language for it's elegance and it's ability to effectively convey information, an unwillingness to communicate in a clear way is likely to fall foul of a geek's innate elitism. This is made worse by the phenomenon of l33tspeak, a bastardisation of English predominantly used by uneducated gamers who think they are geeks. I suspect that your unconventional free-form use of English has touched on a nerve left raw by a succession of 11 year old Texan boys stating 'ph34r the l33tn355!!!111omgeleven'.

There's another effect at work, too - Something along the lines of being the last in line. Diverson: I work as a teacher. That means I get to grade students' assignments. So you grab the first paper in the pile, browse through it, notice a fairly trivial error and make a note in the margin, saying "I think you mixed up the thingy with the hoohah here". Or something to that effect. Then you grab the next paper, browse through, notice the same trivial error and write a note in the margin...and when you grab the 27th paper, browse through, and to your horror find once again the same trivial error it is very difficult not to whip out a spraycan with red paint and spray all over the page

WRONG!!! I TOLD YOU LIKE 26 TIMES ALREADY!!!!!

...even though that particular student cannot help being the 27th in a row.

There's something similar here. After a long run of "lokkyher im to kewl to likemak 1 effrt to spelll, just git me them gamezorz alrdy!!!"-people, peoples tolerance runs a bit low. I guess you just happened to be number 27.

Welcome back delaneyblues! :)

My advice (as everyone else is giving it here ;) ) - ignore those that cause you grief, and let them have their little bit of 'fun' (whilst still paying absolutely no attention to it!!). If you have asked a question someone helpful will respond at some point! Happy gaming and all that! ;) ;)

Hi Leanne, I'm glad that you're back too, there's not many of us women on this forum and it would have been a shame if you left.

Keep a stiff upper lip hun and don't let the the trolls grind you down. There are lots of nice people here, but unfortunately there's one or two nut cases :closedeyes:.

Clare.

Wow! It's so nice to have a real character on these boards. I wanted to reply to your original 'i'm leaving' post i didn't want to seem patronising. Frankly - I'm just glad you're sticking around. Thank you.

And as something of an aside - I have to say that the general level of respect and help on these boards is exceptional, and I really can't say enough of how proud I am to be a part of this community.

So yeah - keep the vibe alive and all that and welcome back delaneyblues :)

1 or 2 nut cases ? id say theres at least 48 or something like that. Also about spelling and grammer, There is no need for it now that was only for school really wasnt it?

Thank you for the post, As there is really no need for us to not get along.
If you feel your getting ripped into on the forums just lay low and come back in a few days or something.

I also apologize to you for some harsh words i said on that thread even though i didn't actually know you.
Welcome Back !

midget35 said:
And as something of an aside - I have to say that the general level of respect and help on these boards is exceptional, and I really can't say enough of how proud I am to be a part of this community.
Indeed. Which maybe we take a bit for granted, in that it allows for a rather rough jargon at times, with the general understanding that it is just jargon "inbetween friends" and not to be taken seriously.

Anecdote again: Father Crane, a father christmas-looking man who is a priest in Birmingham, talked about the english way some evening when i was visiting. Also present was his assisting priest, whose name I've forgotten.

- You know, here in England, we only insult people we like, roight? People who we don't like, we are oh-so-polite towards *turns to asst. priest* Isn't that right, shitface?

- Oh, but absolutely, Reverend Father! *bows sligtly*

CABBAGES said:
Also about spelling and grammer, There is no need for it now that was only for school really wasnt it?
Nope. They're still necessary. I still haven't figured out what the post that started this all actually means, for instance (the "Out the games of pocketSnes" or something). That doesn't mean it has to be perfect, but it means at least we can depend on each other to at least make an effort to make ourselves understood.

Hi delaney, welcome again

General rule of thumb: generic linux geeks are obsessively anal about insane stuff.

Linux has a strong RTFM (Read The Fucking Manual) tradition. To most of us, communicating adequately online is a vivid proof of devotion to the community and a display of intelligence. Most of us also think that there is no good excuse for not properly spelling stuff with all the software you can get to help you out (since I use firefox, any misspelled word I type is automatically highlighted in red and all I have to do is to right click on it to get the proper spelling... ie.: as I now read my last sentence, I mispelled sionce, mispelled and highlited, none of which will show in my final post).

The only excuse is laziness, as you said yourself (I just wrote lazyness and youself =s) to some of us, your messages come across as:

"Hello, I am too lazy to read the documentation that you guys already wrote and I would like you to take some of your free time to rewrite everything again, just cause I can't be bothered to use search engines that are freely available to me... oh btw, I can't be bothered to re-read and make your life easier by communicating clearly and concisely. oktksby."

Which a few of us find irritating.

Lastly, being that there is a lot of idiots on the internet, most of us rely on these cues to quickly identify undesirable people.

All that crap being said, you are more than welcome here and we will definitely try our best to make your GP2X an enjoyable device. Only we reserve ourselves the right to be total pricks while we do so =D

It's all in good fun and you'll probably find yourself doing the same to n00bz when you get good enough to help other people.

=]

Back