Is There A Way To Hide The Spam Forum?

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
I'm not slagging it off - each to his own and all that, but I use this site to keep up with GP2X stuff. I really don't want to read all the crap that's currently being posted...

Is it possible to customize 'view new posts'?

Some fellow suggested making the Spam Board a private forum, and only those with a Spam Pass would be able to access it.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Sep 4 2006 at 09:56 AM said:
Some fellow suggested making the Spam Board a private forum, and only those with a Spam Pass would be able to access it.

- Alex

Good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could work in the same way we have the "xtreme team" and the guru status, where we get our own spammer logo.

This reeks of that board LUE on gamefaqs. Reeks, I tells ya!!!

Javacat posted on Sep 4 2006 at 03:26 PM said:
It could work in the same way we have the "xtreme team" and the guru status, where we get our own spammer logo.

I like that idea! How about something like one of these for the logo:

XtremeSpammer6.png
XtremeSpammercopy.png

XtremeSpammercopy3.png
XtremeSpammercopy2.png

Loubear posted on Sep 4 2006 at 03:16 PM said:

- Alex

Good idea.
That some fellow was me... ^__^

PokeParadox posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:51 AM said:
Loubear posted on Sep 4 2006 at 03:16 PM said:

- Alex

Good idea.
That some fellow was me... ^__^
Didn't mean to sound rude there, I hope you didn't take offense :)

- Alex

but wait if you have to be a certifided spammer wont we have people spamming other threads to use the spam thread? :huh: or am I missunderstanding and making a fool of myself?

"ach"

The pain this problem causes makes mine poor head hurt.
Here's an idea: those of us who want to be assinine can go and claim an inactive gamefaqs board. They can then be assinine all they want there, without having thier posts clutter up out new post boxes. Or we could all just be mature.

good job rico looks like the majority of members that actually use this board for gp32/gp2x related news hate the idea. Better do something quick or we'll begin to lose members and possibly coders and it'll be all your fault ;)

I dislike it because i come here to have intelligent conversations with sane individuals, not to indulge in random acts of stupidity. If i wanted to do that, i would frequent the cyanide & happiness forums.

Azalin posted on Sep 4 2006 at 02:18 PM said:
I dislike it because i come here to have intelligent conversations with sane individuals, not to indulge in random acts of stupidity. If i wanted to do that, i would frequent the cyanide & happiness forums.
I couldnt agree more, but it seems as though when I voice my opinion people like rico tell me to shut up.

Communist.

DemonStar55 posted on Sep 4 2006 at 07:08 PM said:
make it private that anyone can join as long as they have x amount of posts or something

Well I was meaning a spam forum... I wouldn't want to even attempt to steal usefl contributions away from here ha ha.

I use and have always used the "View New Posts" feature to see what people are talking about. Before there was one single thread I could ignore. Now I have to carefully browse the list to see which forum it's in. I don't have time for this, so the end result is simply that I visit less often and read fewer threads (until I get bored about reading the shear number of spam posts, after which I'll probably just not bother to visit at all and find somewhere else)

Back