Is Everything On Track For Early April Production?

I've wrote that problem is not cases but WiFi.
Why OP team acknowledged about this only now?
We can use Pandora even without WiFi.
Connection can be either via usbnet or via Pan bluetooth.
Then I think that we can help OP team improve WiFi driver.
I know that a lot of sysadmin among us.

craigix said:
Probably going to have to throw in something like this with the first ~1000:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HdtFh-oZL._SS500_.jpg

Because the driver for the internal chip is only working at ~30kbps. We don't mind people wanting to switch to the 3000 batch if they are not happy with that. We won't ship the 3000 until we have it working faster.
wooooh there, so it's only the first 1k, and you don't know how long it could take to fix.
Also what happens to the assembly process (inc production of items).
Anyway, thanks for prelim update

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

Because the driver for the internal chip is only working at ~30kbps. We don't mind people wanting to switch to the 3000 batch if they are not happy with that. We won't ship the 3000 until we have it working faster.

Will there be a hardware change between the first 1000 and the next 3000? I.e. is this being addressed on the hardware or software side for the next 3000?

Thank you.

If there are developers/hackers (read:not crackers) among the first 1000 to get a Pandora with the broken WiFi, I bet there can be more ground covered on debugging it.

I wonder what's the approximate date+time the 1000th Pandora was ordered...

Whatever the case I would opt for my pandora now. I don't expect to use wifi that much initially and I already have a USB wifi dongle. Even if they only plan on shipping their wifi dongle with the first 1000 and I am beyond that mark I would take my pandora now (a month from now :D ).

In my opinion it make no sence to delay the delivery (even of all 4000 units) because of a software error. Especially if it's only that WiFi works with 30 kb/s which is of course not the best rate but more than enough for surfing.

Alpha2 said:
6a01053596fb28970c0120a60feb37970c-400wi

Truer words have never been spoken... Or pictures in this case.

Magic Sam said:
Count me in for the people who want their Pandora NOW :)
me to! tell me how i can let jaqueline or someone else know, so i can get the pandora faster.

and you dont have to include wifi sticks fella's! its good.

but when its a hardware problem, i think il prefer waiting some more time.
but if that means waiting a month longer, then no.

Na-Noo said:
craigix said:

wooooh there, so it's only the first 1k, and you don't know how long it could take to fix.
Also what happens to the assembly process (inc production of items).
Anyway, thanks for prelim update

Is this going to just be a software (driver) fix, that will come later, or does it require a hardware fix (board change, that then propagates through all of the delay sources - TI, a few test boards, test platforms, etc.)?

What happens if more than 1000 people are willing to get it sooner?

Will anything else change between this first 1000 and the next set, after the wireless fix? e.g. silkscreening, more test cases, etc?

svs-57 said:
I've wrote that problem is not cases but WiFi.
Why OP team acknowledged about this only now?
It's always known to be an issue, how much is another matter, hence why they've been going at it like crazy.
From what I can tell, there's been a window to work on wifi until the parts start arriving for assembly.
So in that window it could've been resolved.

Now + dongle for me.

I am wondering about this wifi thing. IIRC, there were tests that proved that the hardware was done properly and works, right? So, the wifi problem should be software only. I have faith that as long as it is a software only issue, that the community will be able to fix it, even if it takes a while.

Now ... I don't know about a free dongle though, I'd take one but my feelings wouldn't be hurt without it. I'm probably going to get Wireless Broadband anyways.

emil10001 said:
Now + dongle for me.

I am wondering about this wifi thing. IIRC, there were tests that proved that the hardware was done properly and works, right? So, the wifi problem should be software only. I have faith that as long as it is a software only issue, that the community will be able to fix it, even if it takes a while.
It's not always as simple as that. It could need a hardware fix. But fingers closed for software....

Back