Is Everything On Track For Early April Production?

A lot of jumping of the deep end here. ED may not know the state of play with the cases because they don't get shipped to him. It's been proven in the past that they don't always know what the other member of the team's status is. Timezones, and leaving each person to do their given task etc.

It's amazing how when your really overworked how much of an effort it is to give an update, especially to us who pick it to pieces.

Craig saying he should have more pics, may actually mean pics of them at his place not China, yes he could have said that but he has a tendency to sometimes be a bit vague..... (Hmmmm wishfull thinking :p )

But personally I'd air on the side of caution as delays have been known to happen.

Can't get too disheartened just yet. Or is this the universe bringing balance to all the "I'll never cancel" posts last week?

I guess Pandora will be shipped by end is Sept 2010 - last year I guessed the same but obviously 1 yr out.

Seriously - it's shipped when it's ready and that's it - have some faith!!!!!

Hi,

From ED's twitter:

I haven't seen Fatih online this weekend, so I cannot even confirm or deny if the cases have been shipped... please be a bit more patient.
It might take a few days until I can put that post online. I don't want any speculations so I first want to make sure everything is correct.
I wrote together a blog post today, but need to confirm some stuff from the other guys (I think they also need to find out some things).

source

Bye, Magic Sam

Regarding Kapitalist: "provided you have the KDE 3.x/Qt 3.x libraries installed."
Gross, it uses Qt 3. If dflemstr or somebody else can't fix that in a few weeks when I have spare time, I could port it to Qt 4. But there should be a funny artwork mod that makes the game about software monopolies, and has a little Pandora piece.

I just wanted to know if there's been any updates on posts asking if there's been any updates.

Exophase said:
It's premature, but I can't.. I can't seem to help it..

postpwned

Ouch.

lulzfish said:
Regarding Kapitalist: "provided you have the KDE 3.x/Qt 3.x libraries installed."
Gross, it uses Qt 3. If dflemstr or somebody else can't fix that in a few weeks when I have spare time, I could port it to Qt 4. But there should be a funny artwork mod that makes the game about software monopolies, and has a little Pandora piece.

It'd be great to be able to redo the grahics fairly easily - Monopoly Themes, mmmm... yup, I could work with that I suspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic Sam said:
Hi,

From ED's twitter:

I haven't seen Fatih online this weekend, so I cannot even confirm or deny if the cases have been shipped... please be a bit more patient.
It might take a few days until I can put that post online. I don't want any speculations so I first want to make sure everything is correct.
I wrote together a blog post today, but need to confirm some stuff from the other guys (I think they also need to find out some things).

source

Bye, Magic Sam
Fatih lost his mobile or ED forget Fatih's phone number?

Loonie said:
I just wanted to know if there's been any updates on posts asking if there's been any updates.
How many times must I say, if anybody asks about updates, I will tell you.
Right now we have ordered cell phones so people can ask about updates while away from the computer, but they have not shipped yet.

ED and Fatih. its 19:23 in Germany and 20:23 in Turkey. When do you expect that Fatih tells you whats going on?

And btw people, why the hell would te pandora be delayed again? No news is an okay for me till its not.

craigix said:
I wish we had never put a bloody wifi chip in the Pandora, it has been nothing but trouble. We should have just used a generic wifi dongle.
Twitter link. This doesn't sound good.

Looks like WiFi's going to be one of these things (if not the only thing) that will require some post-delivery tweaking by means of NAND updates.

sverm said:
Looks like WiFi's going to be one of these things (if not the only thing) that will require some post-delivery tweaking by means of NAND updates.
if it will ever work. they are struggling for half a year already!

I'm sure it'll work eventually. It would be silly to delay the delivery because of that, unless they think a hardware tweak is necessary, which I'd hope that by now they'd already know.

hey guys,

that post from craigix was quite informative. you just need to keep track a little more.

so, here is the transltion for those who don't remember:

.) last thing from craig was the statement, that the chinese factory is required to send more pics before they are allowed to ship (quality control or whatnot)
.) now crig told us that more pics are comming this week.

got it now?

this week they expect to review the quality of the ases from remote. if they decide it's ok, then the chinese factory can get the green light for actual shipping.

my conclusion (which may be way off of course): if we are lucky and the cases are ok, they will ship early next week.

Caine said:
craigix said:
I wish we had never put a bloody wifi chip in the Pandora, it has been nothing but trouble. We should have just used a generic wifi dongle.
Twitter link. This doesn't sound good.
Well, if it hadn't come with wi-fi built-in then I for one wouldn't have even considered ordering. It's utterly essential for my use case. Using a dongle would be a terrible inconvenience.

Just get it produced and it'll get sorted out eventually, as someone else already said in another posting.

EDIT: Just to qualify the above a bit: With a dongle there's no way you could have the kind of power saving allowed by the built-in chip. In other words, forget about being online at all times (as I am with my N800). Not to mention having the darn thing sticking out.

Back