Release Idea for making shared Pandora SD cards ..

PoisonedV said:
azureus would bring the pandora to its knees and make it cry
also its closed source
Not necesssarily if it was stripped down and optimized. And no, it is and has always been open source.

PoisonedV said:
thats not part of the torrent protocol, thats part of the client... youd have to program it in yourself, at that point, so why not just use a different method?
Did I ever say it was part of the torrent protocol? All I was saying is it's entirely possible to use torrents for providing updates.

Yigguth said:
What about SVN?
SVN would be great for updating, but then we lose the swarm and shared bandwidth. I doubt anyone wants to foot the bill for a server capable of serving 16 gigs of apps to thousands of users.

I see nothing wrong with just providing a monthly update to the torrent.

I'd rather just download and install the apps I want, rather than some huge list of stuff I'd probably never touch :)

most linux distros have package updaters why not just have the Pandora update itself.. it does have wifi & bluetooth built in...

and there could be a available package repository as well like there is in most Linux distros.. in files similar to .exe ..they are called .rpm in Redhat i think they are .dbm for Debian / Ubuntu but i would have to look that up to be sure.. =p

but the torrent idea does sound interesting as well..

Schbirid said:
PoisonedV said:
azureus would bring the pandora to its knees and make it cry
also its closed source
Not necesssarily if it was stripped down and optimized. And no, it is and has always been open source.
then why not just use uTorrent? also, sorry, was thinking of that vuze garbage.
Amnesiasoft said:
PoisonedV said:
thats not part of the torrent protocol, thats part of the client... youd have to program it in yourself, at that point, so why not just use a different method?
Did I ever say it was part of the torrent protocol? All I was saying is it's entirely possible to use torrents for providing updates.
then it isnt an automatic update, so theres no reason that its superier to other methods

What about Synaptic Package Manager? You can do upgrade, installations. You can search by name and description.
GTK+ can be ported to arm and same thing with apt-get. I'd be more then happy to port Synaptic, but there would be no point if there isn't a server.
I simply don't have the bandwidth, and due to the crash around here during the preorders, I doubt they can host one here either.

Back