MintBot said:
Toady said:
quadomatic said:
Just received my GP2X today!

I may post pics later

F200 ?

Id like to know that too.

Sorry, no. Just a used MK2 :D

I'm happy with it though. I decided not to go with the F-200. I figured there would probably be design flaws with it, and didn't see much of the point in the touch screen since I already have touchscreen homebrew on the DS.

Plus I only paid $115 shipped for the MK2, whereas the F-200 would've cost me over $185 shipped. My MK2 is in flawless condition too.

Last edited by a moderator:
quadomatic said:
MintBot said:
Toady said:
quadomatic said:
Just received my GP2X today!

I may post pics later

F200 ?

Id like to know that too.

Sorry, no. Just a used MK2 :D

I'm happy with it though. I decided not to go with the F-200. I figured there would probably be design flaws with it, and didn't see much of the point in the touch screen since I already have touchscreen homebrew on the DS.

Plus I only paid $115 shipped for the MK2, whereas the F-200 would've cost me over $185 shipped. My MK2 is in flawless condition too.

Congratulations and welcome to the fold, TBH if I had the spair cash i would have bought a used Mk2 F100 also - waiting for the F200 that I pre-ordered is killing me !

We just heard from UPS; I'm getting my F-200 within an hour. I'm very excited right now! It's my first GP2X ever so I hope it's not broken, especially since EU totally fucked us in the a$$ by demanding € 60 extra for importing it from Asia(play-asia.com.) Bloody imperialists...

Oh well, I can't use it until after school though.

I just got my GP2X F-200. This is literally my first handheld console. As a kid I had an Atari 2600 and later a C64, and later in life a Nintendo Gamecube and Wii for the kids, but never anything handheld for myself other than a Handspring Visor (PalmOS).

I got the F200 from gp2xstore.com. It came to Canada in 7 days, with the slow $10 shipping, and I paid no extra taxes. It also came with a bonus USB SD card reader. Sweet!

Thoughts so far:

A) No batteries! I had to scrounge around the office to find some. I guess any supplied batteries would die quickly.
B) The power button is a bit sticky, like in the youtube video. I can always get it on though with a bit of fiddling. The SD card slot works fine though.
C) The finish is very shiny smooth plastic, I would have expected something a bit harder.
D) Is there no screen protector? I thought it came with them, but I can't seem to find one. I'm scared of removing the thin obvious plastic cover that's there now.
E) I feel dumb for not buying a case (but was worried that the F100 cases wouldn't fit). Is there some other case I can buy locally, say for an Nintendo or PSP but a knockoff that would work well?
F) Sweet Zombie Jeebus is it loud. Still getting used to volume controls

Generally I'm very happy, I'm looking at the F200 as more Linux, which means some time and effort to get everything working awesomely.

I'll post more later.

I didn't just get my GP2X, but I might as well have. I got mine about a year ago, and its been collecting dust for the past few months and I finally decided to start using it again. I've missed out on so much stuff.

My new addiction is Cave Story. That game is amazing.

One quick question: Since I've been living under a rock, can you still get a MK2 d-pad modded for a price?

BTW Trevor: Just use a GBA case like this one http://www.islandnet.com/~kpolsson/forsale/vid043.jpg. It should fit in there perfectly. My MK2 fits a little snugly, but a f-200 should work great, since the stick is what makes it a tight fit for me.

Bah ordered mine last weekend and gp2x.co.uk is out of stock :( gotta wait for shipment from Korea which could be two weeks or so. To top it off the 4gb card I found for £19.99 with reader at another site is also out of stock no ETA on them :'( so out of everything I ordered to get my commute to work retro fix off the ground all i'm getting is the Hi cap rechargeable batteries and rapid charger sheesh, well at least I can use them in my flash gun for now

I just ordered my first gp2x yesterday from gp2x.co.uk, Haven't receieved any email confirming it is in stock or has been dispatched so fingers crossed i will hear something soon and get to use the amazing console soon :D

Got mine gp2x for about a year since, im not into programing, i have only used it to play c64, gameboy and some other good stuff-games :) When i got it (I live in north-norway) I was amazed from second 1. Its a very tiny base for handheld-consolles here, except psp and ds of course. In my hometown, there is only one i know who posess the mighty power of gp2x, and thats me :D All my friends is like, what the fuck is that??! mohaha!!
I joined the forums today and hope to learn a thing or two about my little precious, and maybe even participate and contribute at some time. Its BRILLIANT!

-Torgeir

Just got my fourth GP2X.

First (First Edition - Stolen)
Second (MK1 - Sold)
Third (MK2 - Smashed LCD on delivery)

Fourth is here now working fine. The dpad is fairly bad. I have to lift my finger too much in order to press the next button. This makes it easy to press the wrong button if you pressing quickly each way. Who ever said street fighter combos were easy was just showing off.

Anyway, I'm satisfied. All GP2X screens have had some kind of flaw. This one has a tiny viewing angle like the MK2, but atleast it is sharp when you hold it in the right place.

Good work GPH.

My f200 just arrived today from playasia. Just noticed it is labled as an f200( B ). Is this the same amongst all f200s or just the second batch?

edit: HMMM... I placed a PDA screen protector on the f200 and touchscreen no longer works. Not taken it off yet. Its the same screen protector (from like a ten pack) I use on my PDA and on my DS cut to size...

second edit: Problem sorted, the screen protector was a little too big and one of the edges tucked itself between the frame and the screen causing pressure on the screen making the touchscreen non responsive. Cut my self a smaller protector and it works fine now.

Iorgy77 said:
My f200 just arrived today from playasia. Just noticed it is labled as an f200( B ). Is this the same amongst all f200s or just the second batch?

edit: HMMM... I placed a PDA screen protector on the f200 and touchscreen no longer works. Not taken it off yet. Its the same screen protector (from like a ten pack) I use on my PDA and on my DS cut to size...

second edit: Problem sorted, the screen protector was a little too big and one of the edges tucked itself between the frame and the screen causing pressure on the screen making the touchscreen non responsive. Cut my self a smaller protector and it works fine now.
I have f200( B ) on mine as well. Just got it a week ago.

icurafu said:
Iorgy77 said:

Does that mean a new batch where the SD slot isn't tighter than a ducks ass and the power switch actually lines up? still waiting for mine... fingers and toes crossed it will arrive on Friday.

liquidphantom said:
icurafu said:
Iorgy77 said:

Does that mean a new batch where the SD slot isn't tighter than a ducks ass and the power switch actually lines up? still waiting for mine... fingers and toes crossed it will arrive on Friday.

Just got mine and it's perfect! Says (B) on it too, ordered about ten days ago.

Wooo hooo arrived to day actually must of arrived bloody early I was up at 8:30am and it was waiting for me on the table, one of my folks must of bought it in :D

I got mine like a week ago. F200 from play-asia, fits fine in the craddle after cutting the EXT port protecting rubber.

I just got mine too, from gp2x.co.uk. It's also a F200 (B), the SD slot is perfect. It
confused me at first though, after reading the manual for the previous model it said to put
the SD card in upside down, so that's what I did until I realized it's now the correct way up.

The D-Pad seems good, it doesn't press right in so maybe that’s been fixed also. The power
button is ok but it's sometimes too stiff to move. To turn the unit on, the switch needs to be
pushed up which is the opposite way I would have expected and it's gonna take some time
to get used too. I did expect to get some batteries and a screen protector inside the package
especially considering the price, should I have got these?

Up to now am very impressed, especially with the Atari ST emulator which has worked flawlessly. I have a 4GB Kingston SDHC memory card inserted which works perfectly and I'm
considering buying a 16GB card soon but with the cheapest at £72 it's a bit too expensive at
the moment.

Monty

That was supposed to be model F200 ( B ), the previous one triggered the smiley without the double spacing. I also got post 1000 without noticing, do I get a prize. :rolleyes:

Monty

Back