I Just Got My Gp2x!!!

I got mine yesterday and I'm loving it! The batteries that came with mine were 2500 mAH NiMH rechargeable batteries and I managed to find an old charger I had somewhere. I got around 4 hours and 30 minutes worth of play today mostly on Neo Geo and MAME and a few GBA roms. I should be getting the power adapter in the mail soon...

I got mine yesterday! Much better then i thought it would be. 159$ refurbished gp2x 10$ shipping off ebay it is practically brand new. Its eating my batterys like crazy! SNES emu is MUCH better then what i expected. Mine seems to clock up to 290Mhz

mine arrived today :D Its a cracking machine, reminds me how I first felt getting my gp32 gp32_console .

Judland said:
snip ... "I just found a site where I can get ROMS of my old Sega Genesis games, which I couldn't find before. Games like Road Rash and Toe Jam & Earl."

Hi. Just ordered my GP2x. I still have my Game Gear and love Road Rash. What is the link for ROMs you mentioned? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
cac130 said:
Judland said:
snip ... "I just found a site where I can get ROMS of my old Sega Genesis games, which I couldn't find before. Games like Road Rash and Toe Jam & Earl."
Hi. Just ordered my GP2x. I still have my Game Gear and love Road Rash. What is the link for ROMs you mentioned? Thanks.

Had you read the rules here, you'd know you can't ask for ROMs .... <_<

... and I edited my post, since you also fail at HTML tags ;)

Just ordered my gp2x today - cant wait to get it. I loved my gp32 (until it broke) and I'm sure the gp2x is everything you guys make it up to be :)

My GP2X arrived this morning. I've left it unopened as motivation for me to get a bunch of chores done. Now is the moment of truth...:D

EDIT: Opened it. Looks very nice although the rubber bits concealing the various ports seem flimsy. Now begins the grueling wait for my batteries to charge (and my SD card doesn't arrive until Thursday or Friday).

emulazione88 said:
My GP2X arrived this morning. I've left it unopened as motivation for me to get a bunch of chores done. Now is the moment of truth...:D

EDIT: Opened it. Looks very nice although the rubber bits concealing the various ports seem flimsy. Now begins the grueling wait for my batteries to charge (and my SD card doesn't arrive until Thursday or Friday).
Hey, my rubber cover on the right side that covers the USB and DC, didn't fit when I first bought it either.
With a sharp knife I cut some of the top of the rubber thats going into the USB hole and now it fits perfectly.

I just got my new, new, new Gp2x!. Bought one, was defective, got a replacement, the joystick was broken, got a refund, went to a new dealer, and got one that works!! yay!

berighteous said:
I just got my new, new, new Gp2x!. Bought one, was defective, got a replacement, the joystick was broken, got a refund, went to a new dealer, and got one that works!! yay!
Congrats! :lol:

TelcoLou said:
cac130 said:
Judland said:

I believe you mean BBCode...

nerdbz9.jpg

:p

Nova said:
TelcoLou said:
cac130 said:
Judland said:

I believe you mean BBCode...

nerdbz9.jpg

:p

... alright you fucker! Where'd you get a picture of me?!? :angry:

had mine today been playing megadrive games for most of the part and i had the tv cable but i`m waiting on my psu and 4gb sd card. Very good console that`s going to kick some ass in the emulation dept and from what i have seen with the games and app made for it they are coming along nice .... good work guys and gals

I got a TV out cable with mine and I noticed that Metal Slug on Mame was really chugging, slow and choppy on the TV out, but played fine without the TV out. And Zaxxon was having problems updating the screen as it scrolled. Anybody else experience that? I'm using firmware 3.0, and the TV out going through the cable, to a svideo to composite adaptor ($25 radio shack one, not the cheap noisy $1 converter I got on ebay) into my lcd HDTV. I was hoping to build a mame box outta the gp2x, but after that I dunno... I think I was running Metal Slug at 250mhz, and I don't remember for zaxxon.

I AM IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN. GOT MINE TODAY AND LOVE IT> My wife will have to wait for her attention. GP2X will get all my love from now on; if i can work it out. i deleted my inbuilt memory games by mistake. IS there anyway to get them back?? i cant find them on the CD that came with it. Also anyone know how to change teh joystick with teh better once that came with it. I dont want to break mine

MagicFerret said:
I AM IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN. GOT MINE TODAY AND LOVE IT> My wife will have to wait for her attention. GP2X will get all my love from now on; if i can work it out. i deleted my inbuilt memory games by mistake. IS there anyway to get them back?? i cant find them on the CD that came with it. Also anyone know how to change teh joystick with teh better once that came with it. I dont want to break mine
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,2027

Thats the link to a rip of FW 3.0.0. it also contains all the built in games inside of it. You can just transfer the games back over to you GP2X if you want.

To take the joystick off, you just pull it off, though people have been having trouble getting it off, so I'm not so sure if its something you'd want to do. I've never taken it off myself and some people are afraid they might break something by using too much force.

It's placed on there real tight.

I have had mine for 2 days now and I like it. I immediately downgraded the firmware to 2.1.1 to make it faster and get the skins working. I got the value pack, most of the stuff that comes with it is crap. The strap and "case" are garbage. I took the strap off of my old nikon camera and it looks good. I had a 2 GB Kingston Elite card for it already. I will be getting a nice DS case soon. The included nimh batteries are OK. All in all a good deal.

Got my one yesterday from gbax.com. 1st comments;

- Screen appears nice and bright, and a good quality picture
- Sound is good, but the volume control is pretty crap. Played football manager with headphones on and nearly deafened myself :blink:
- Not impressed with the joystick, seems pretty sluggish in the menus, and kept jumping instead of running while playing a game on the ST emulator. The gp32 joystick was far better.
- getting confused by the different button combinations for various games and emulators.
- battery life appears pretty good
- the Ultima VII engine EXULT plays like a dream - great port!

I had a quick go of the ST and c64 emulators, and both are excellent!

Looking forward to trying out the GBA emulator

Back