I Just Got My Gp2x!!!

Guys, is the joystick great or rubbish.

Some are saying really good, others are saying its awfull.

As long as its better than the PSP's terrible joypad I will be happy.

Must admit a D-pad (done properly) would be cool - but I'm ok with this one as it is ... maybe that's because I've not really tried street fighter 2 much yet ;)

A D-pad would only be an improvement if it was a very, very good one (like Nintendo's). The PSP's D-pad is woeful, so one like that would be a big step backwards.

I'm quite pleased with the stick myself, but for those yearning for a D-Pad, try out DaveC's mod (also available from Evil Dragon).

Been waiting for this for ages, finally im gonna order my GP2X tomo from gp2x.co.uk! Cant wait, just hope i get it in time for xmas... ;)

Scratch that, ordering now from iwantoneofthose.com cos i know they can get it to me by wednesday, just in time for the photoshoot im doin!

Got mine a few days ago and have spent the time installing softwares, finding what doesn't work/what I did wrong, uninstalling, reinstalling, and pretty much enjoying every minute of it. This is a sweet little machine. :D I can't wait until I have more quality time to spend with it.

Got mine this morning !!!!!!!!!

Great service from GP2X.co.uk, they even sent me an Xmas card with it.

First impressions are VERY good. Joystic is ace, way better than the thing on the PSP.

Anyway, it has to go back in the box until Xmas day.

Anyone in two minds about this thing, go and buy one. Its really is a great bit of kit.

After 1 year of deciding whether to get one or not I finally got mine and I have to say im loving it big time :)

Just gotta get used to it and load up the emualtors :)

P.S How can you tell your processor speed .. ?

Woohoo! Arrived this afternoon, and im loving it. Been playin FF2 and legend of zelda on squidgesnes since, just need that 4gb card now...

1upgamer posted on Dec 20 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
P.S How can you tell your processor speed .. ?

Best way to find your *stable* max speed is to load up SquidgeSNES, overclock to a speed and play for 10+ minutes. If it crashes, go a bit lower, until you find your max. I'd start at 285mhz, not many seem to go higher than that these days.

A quicker/easier way is to get the latest cpu/lcd tweaker program and run its CPU test, which will write a logfile of what speed it finally crashed at. This, however will be higher than what your unit can stably play games at, e.g. it'll say 285mhz when you can really only go to 270mhz. So the first method is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my eye on one for a while now, and Christmas was the perfect opportunity to nab one. I look forward to many hours spent on this awesome little machine.

Got one as a gift for Xmas.

Basicly, already drained two sets of batterys playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Conan-The-3rd posted on Dec 25 2006 at 09:56 PM said:

I hope you mean 2500mah NiMH rechargeables :p

DaGrooved1 posted on Dec 25 2006 at 10:49 PM said:
Conan-The-3rd posted on Dec 25 2006 at 09:56 PM said:

I hope you mean 2500mah NiMH rechargeables :p
Supprise gift, but will be geting rechargables asap, and the wiki says 2000+ is good enough for long playtime.

Back