I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

DaveC posted on Dec 16 2006 at 04:11 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Dec 16 2006 at 01:47 AM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 16 2006 at 12:07 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Dec 15 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
Also, Off topic, I managed to communicate with Vobbo the other day. He said he has made some improvements to the emu, how ever his gp2x is screwed and hes very busy on a game project where he works and has a January deadline.

Couldn't he send GP2X to Craig or ED to have it fixed? I am sure they would do it.

If he doesn't want to do that maybe you could ask him to release the source so someone could continue it. We still don't have a finished PC-Engine emu and his was the most promising. Just fix the sound and it would be perfect.
I'll ask him when I next manage to communicate.

Do you happen to know what is wrong with Vobbo's Gp2X? If it is a joystick problem I could help there. I could just d-pad mod it.

I think this is getting just a slight bit off topic now :p Everything from CPS to PC-Engine to D-pad mods, a bit of SNES, some NES :p
Still waiting for a reply on that one, I'd rather not hassle him at the moment, he said hes really pushed for a deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Dec 16 2006 at 01:42 PM said:
I told Vobbo a while ago to return it and we will replace it, but yeah he is pretty busy.
Can I still pass that onto him? I mean, I don't know if its still in warranty now, lol.

gpSP news: Seems gpSP 0.9 is out. I have a feeling Exophase released this right before going on vacation for 3 weeks. I'll merge the updates but I don't think they'll be a major update (dynarec) until Exophase is back.

Since gpSP is on delay for up to 3 weeks (maybe less if Exophase works on vacation?)...I'm continuing working with CPS emulation.

Btw, I must say uae4all and the PicoDrive emu ports to the GP2X are superb. I'm trying MAME for the GP2X next, which from the sources, looks to be fantastic as well. Some real nice talent around. :)

Hope this clears some stuff up as to why the topic went...off topic.

zodttd posted on Dec 16 2006 at 02:57 PM said:
gpSP news: Seems gpSP 0.9 is out. I have a feeling Exophase released this right before going on vacation for 3 weeks. I'll merge the updates but I don't think they'll be a major update (dynarec) until Exophase is back.

Since gpSP is on delay for up to 3 weeks (maybe less if Exophase works on vacation?)...I'm continuing working with CPS emulation.

Btw, I must say uae4all and the PicoDrive emu ports to the GP2X are superb. I'm trying MAME for the GP2X next, which from the sources, looks to be fantastic as well. Some real nice talent around. :)

Hope this clears some stuff up as to why the topic went...off topic.
Programmer Becomes The Player :p

hackgrid posted on Dec 16 2006 at 06:58 AM said:
so, who will start developing a fullspeed N64 emulator? :D

I'm still waiting for someone to make an N64 emulator for my GameKing II. :)

craigix posted on Dec 16 2006 at 01:42 PM said:
I told Vobbo a while ago to return it and we will replace it, but yeah he is pretty busy.

That would be the perfect time for him to send it in, when he doesn't have time to mess with it ;)

This way by the time he CAN find the time to play around with it it will have already have been taken care of.

Amon_Re posted on Dec 17 2006 at 12:10 PM said:
@zodttd

Is there any news on the PSX emu you were working on?

About two weeks ago Una-i posted this on the Spanish forums:

"Poco a poco he retomado toda la parte de desarrolo del psx4all que lleveba zottd y espero pronto poder sacar una nueva beta con alguna smejoras/ajustes qeu hagan algunos juegos 2d y 3d simples mucho más jugables"

which more or less means,

"Little by little I'm taking on that part of development which zottd was doing, and I hope to get a beta out soon with some improvements which will make some simple 2D and 3D games a lot more playable."

Lobo posted on Dec 17 2006 at 02:25 PM said:
Amon_Re posted on Dec 17 2006 at 12:10 PM said:
@zodttd

Is there any news on the PSX emu you were working on?

About two weeks ago Una-i posted this on the Spanish forums:

"Poco a poco he retomado toda la parte de desarrolo del psx4all que lleveba zottd y espero pronto poder sacar una nueva beta con alguna smejoras/ajustes qeu hagan algunos juegos 2d y 3d simples mucho más jugables"

which more or less means,

"Little by little I'm taking on that part of development which zottd was doing, and I hope to get a beta out soon with some improvements which will make some simple 2D and 3D games a lot more playable."

Yaay! Thx for the info :)

Quick question: Does PayPal work with Visa/MC gift cards like Green Dot, etc? I'd like to donate to zodttd, squidge, etc., and maybe grab Payback (still haven't played the demo), but not if I have to give PayPal my "real" cc#.

:) :p

This project is still alive and going well. I'm just patiently waiting for Exophase to return from his much needed vacation.

On a sidenote I'm almost done with PPC TTD (OpenTTD on the PocketPC) and it will make its way to GP2X in due time. I'm also making progress on CPS2 for the GP2X but it is taking longer than expected due to some lazyness on my part and partly some OpenGL issues.

zodttd posted on Dec 22 2006 at 06:00 PM said:
:) :p

This project is still alive and going well. I'm just patiently waiting for Exophase to return from his much needed vacation.

On a sidenote I'm almost done with PPC TTD (OpenTTD on the PocketPC) and it will make its way to GP2X in due time. I'm also making progress on CPS2 for the GP2X but it is taking longer than expected due to some lazyness on my part and partly some OpenGL issues.

Cool thanks for all of your hard and continued work :)

Back