I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

zodttd posted on Dec 15 2006 at 06:30 AM said:
For CPS2, I'd like to play Super Puzzle Fighter 2, Giga Wing, Mars Matrix, and a try about 2 or 3 other games. Than again, I just do the porting/programming. :p
Puck2099 is doing an CPS1/2 & Other Acade emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
GeminiDomino posted on Dec 15 2006 at 03:33 AM said:
I dunno if it's just me, but is the selector broken in the latest release (#3)? I just get the first letter of every directory, and it doesn't seem to obey my commands to actually go DOWN into those directories most of the time.
That happened to me once or twice, I either reset it or got a new download.

There is a simple solution to the 6 button issue and that is to set medium punch/kick to the shoulder buttons instead of high punch/kick.

Someone said that emu's for psp are better than for gp2x. Look at neogeo emu, near flawless at 255mhz with fs0 on gp2x and choppy on the psp with fs 1-2.
I used to be quite proud of this too but I'm afraid with the recent releases of MVSPSP it is no longer the case. NJ does it again.

I don't know how far Puck2099 is into his CPS1/CPS2 emulator port. If he's near completion I'd like to know as to not interfere. Until then I'm going to keep working on this project (CPS2 with the addition of CPS1/MVS) and make sure it is completed in a timely manner.

Is Puck2099 able to be reached on this forum?

zodttd posted on Dec 14 2006 at 10:08 PM said:
Ok, I started working on porting the CPS2 emu to the GP2X. CPS2 and OpenTTD should fill in the freetime for developing. :)
Ah, I love OpenTTD ^^ ....Uhm, but not on the GP2X. This was an really weird "Adventure" for me. :lol:
Some Games just don't work on such a Handheld. ;)

But CPS2 - YES! This would be cool. Super Puzzle Fighter 2 or Loop Master or Marvel vs. Capcom... and this on the GP2X... :)
I hope it will work with playable FPS. I don't need stretching or Scaling or all CPU-Eating features. (So kick all this useles Q-Sound-crap and use normal "cheap" Stereo-Sound... or no sound is also good. :) )

zodttd posted on Dec 15 2006 at 03:27 PM said:
I don't know how far Puck2099 is into his CPS1/CPS2 emulator port. If he's near completion I'd like to know as to not interfere. Until then I'm going to keep working on this project (CPS2 with the addition of CPS1/MVS) and make sure it is completed in a timely manner.

I would continue, for all we know Puck abandoned it if he actually worked on it at all. We have not heard anything from him about any actual progress with it. I think it was at the "maybe I will do CPS" stage.

So if you think you can get this running with any kind of good framerate (fs 1 or better) with decent sound quality, I would say go for it. Of course if you think the hardware is not up to the task then maybe something else would be better.

I swear one of these days I will donate, as soon as something is done that is playable to me. You do alot of hard work, I think maybe it is just that you try to emulate too much with too little hardware power though ("the impossible"). Good luck.

If it gets close to the PSP version then I will definitely use this one instead as I (brace yourself people) much prefer the GP2x stick over anything else out there :)

EDIT: That was meant to say "for fighting games".

DaveC posted on Dec 15 2006 at 06:24 PM said:
zodttd posted on Dec 15 2006 at 03:27 PM said:

I would continue, for all we know Puck abandoned it if he actually worked on it at all. We have not heard anything from him about any actual progress with it. I think it was at the "maybe I will do CPS" stage.

So if you think you can get this running with any kind of good framerate (fs 1 or better) with decent sound quality, I would say go for it. Of course if you think the hardware is not up to the task then maybe something else would be better.

I swear one of these days I will donate, as soon as something that is playable to me. You do alot of hard work, I think maybe it is just that you try to emulate too much with too little hardware power though ("the impossible"). Good luck.
Also, Off topic, I managed to communicate with Vobbo the other day. He said he has made some improvements to the emu, how ever his gp2x is screwed and hes very busy on a game project where he works and has a January deadline.

zodttd posted on Dec 15 2006 at 10:27 AM said:

I've PMed Puck2099 through the forum before and got back a response within a few days. If you have a gp32spain account already, he will probably respond faster to a PM from there.

All this CPS2 stuff is very interesting and all, but is there any news on the Gpsp front?

Lobo posted on Dec 15 2006 at 03:12 PM said:
All this CPS2 stuff is very interesting and all, but is there any news on the Gpsp front?

Haha, exactly my thoughts! Shut this thread down, please! 50 pages should be some kind of limit. There's like 25 pages on antialiasing methods and lately there is this CPS2 stuff... Let's make a new thread when a new version comes out and try to keep things on topic. Thanks everyone! :)

Add in usb controller/joystick support, and street fighter community will be very happy! I can almost see a mass exodus of arcade purists to the gp2x.

Wow, CPS2!! I don't know what to say Zodttd. Thank you!

sam fisher posted on Dec 15 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
Also, Off topic, I managed to communicate with Vobbo the other day. He said he has made some improvements to the emu, how ever his gp2x is screwed and hes very busy on a game project where he works and has a January deadline.

Couldn't he send GP2X to Craig or ED to have it fixed? I am sure they would do it.

If he doesn't want to do that maybe you could ask him to release the source so someone could continue it. We still don't have a finished PC-Engine emu and his was the most promising. Just fix the sound and it would be perfect.

As Zodttd said earlyer, don't set the donation too high, since this is simply insulting for the dev who put all his heart into the works.

That just my though

DaveC posted on Dec 16 2006 at 12:07 AM said:

Couldn't he send GP2X to Craig or ED to have it fixed? I am sure they would do it.

If he doesn't want to do that maybe you could ask him to release the source so someone could continue it. We still don't have a finished PC-Engine emu and his was the most promising. Just fix the sound and it would be perfect.
I'll ask him when I next manage to communicate.

sam fisher posted on Dec 16 2006 at 01:47 AM said:

Do you happen to know what is wrong with Vobbo's Gp2X? If it is a joystick problem I could help there. I could just d-pad mod it.

I think this is getting just a slight bit off topic now :p Everything from CPS to PC-Engine to D-pad mods, a bit of SNES, some NES :p

DaveC posted on Dec 15 2006 at 11:11 PM said:

Do you happen to know what is wrong with Vobbo's Gp2X? If it is a joystick problem I could help there. I could just d-pad mod it.
Really itching for that 99% perfect pc engine, eh?

i always thank you for zodttd

but in some games, quick save doesn't work.

could you fix it for earth? :p

i really sorry for this favor and my poor english

(quick save not working games are 'metroid fusion', 'monster rancher advance' and etc)

DaveC posted on Dec 16 2006 at 05:11 AM said:

I think this is getting just a slight bit off topic now :p Everything from CPS to PC-Engine to D-pad mods, a bit of SNES, some NES :p

so, who will start developing a fullspeed N64 emulator? :D

Back