I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by zodttd, Nov 30, 2006.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Syntax Error

If Exophase's PSP releases are anything to go by then expect something rather spectacular for the next version ;)

2. gaterooze

gaterooze Coltrane Sundia

Good luck on the new commercial releases Zodttd, glad that side of things seems to be going so well for you these days.

Ah, so you're struck off the list of mystery coders for the CPS2 port. Whoever it is, he's done a brilliant job.

Looking forward to whatever you do next on the GP2X, Zod, and also Exophase. I prefer his release schedule personally, big updates instead of incremental ones... though it's always fun to ride the Zodtrain when you do your rapid-fire betas :)

3. Zeladin

Zeladin Member

I agree absolutely. This release model does make more sense; but yeah it tough when there's just these little things, and you think... Just one line of code... Though we did get the mute button! Glad to know Zodttd hasn't disappeared, besides I don't see why a programmer should be attracted by a complete emu...

lol; rapid fire betas...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  4. sam fisher

sam fisher Well-Known Member

Dave, if you remembered I managed to contact Vobbo, he was very busy doing things for his actual job, and he has a very strict project deadline either this month, or next. Since then he has indeed vanished, however, he has improved the emulator slightly, and when he has time, he has agreed to send me a newer build compiled for the GP2x.

5. kevcal

kevcal Coding " Abduction;Retrieval "

Love the wording! :D
    Yeah, good to hear that people are still around.

6. Zeladin

Zeladin Member

The wiki article on this is rather good - and there was me asking silly questions. Somebody has already done the work of finding useful info!

7. therealadmin

therealadmin Member

Zodttd is defiantly an android. No human can do those "rapid fire betas."

Edit: Patented "rapid fire betas."

8. sehs33

sehs33 Member

zodttd, whatever you were, a coder that was affected by some green rocks that came from space or the guy who came in the space shipt that arrived with those rocks, thanks for the update, you are just super!

9. washo

washo Washo 4 evr

YAY
    news
    I really missed that
    thanks

see you :lol:

10. DaveC

DaveC Internal Development

Well GBA seemed pretty close to being playable. It is still a bit slow and the sound is stuttery and it would be a shame to leave it in that state. Yes I think the GBA emu should be finished. One of the dissapointing things is to see emus that are actually doable get so close and then get scrapped. A half fininished emu is like a hot chick dancing in front of you but only taking off half of her clothes :p You at that point want to go all of the way. I tried GBA on the PSP and it was stunningly smooth, the only problem being the blurry screen. That would be a good selling point if the GP2X had near perfect GBA. Yes you can get a real GBA and flashcart but since the GP2X is the one I (and many here) use and take with it wouldn't hurt to be able to have a few of your GBA favorites on the SD too.

Anyway good luck. You developers ARE the biggest part of the community. Without you we would just be on here bitching out of boredom :p Thanks for letting us know what is going on.

11. paxl13

paxl13 Member

Yes Zodttd For PRESIDENT :D

Programmers/Release are what that make read each post of this forum :D
    The Gp2x community is Realy cool, just read 2 post of a Gbatemp or pspwhatever to see it.

Thanks Zodttd

Paxl13

12. triksR4rabits

triksR4rabits The Dutchmaster

I still don't own a 2X, but I always look forward to your releases Zod. You are a real asset to this community :)

Good luck and thanks!

13. DaveC

If he doesn't plan on doing more with the GP2X version do you think you could get the source from him? This way the option is always there for someone to come and improve it. It is a good start, it just needs a bit of clean up in the sound department. It would be a waste to let the emu die.

14. sam fisher

I have asked before but he says "maybe oneday".

15. DaveC

Ask him if it is "oneday" yet :p

Seriously though, that emu was a very good beginning. The graphics end of things was perfect. I just hope he sees the wisdom in not letting it die. There would be no point to that. The community is about being open. If he doesn't have the time or the motivation to finish it it would be nice to give it to someone that would.

You know this community, no one would ever take his code and claim it was all theirs, he would always get credit. It would always be known as "Vobbo's PC-Engine hu68xx emu". Just like how SquidgeSNES is still SquidgeSNES even thought Reesy, Pepone, Notaz have worked on it too.

16. sam fisher

I have tried contacting him again since the new year, but as I said, his deadline is fast approaching, and he has again vanished.