I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

No Xmas release? I thought Zod was cooking us a fullspeed PSX emulator, and planned to release it on christmas :)

Merry Christmas to you all, and may the new year bring inspiration to our godlike developper Zodttd ;) (and all of the other über-skilled developpers that lurks around here!)

I was playing DopeWars2x. I am amazed how close it is to the original while still being a rewrite! Very good job and hope to see it worked on further! :)

I missed Exophase as he seemed to be around for a bit but dissapeared into his vacation again. So no news on the gpSP emu yet. I have worked out most of the MVS/CPS1/CPS2 emu stuff, though I got a lot of work piled on for the xmas rush.

One thing though, I almost have PPC TTD (OpenTTD/TransportTycoonDeluxe for the PocketPC) ready, which means the GP2X might be seeing a good OpenTTD release soon (a week or two depending?).

A ttd that runs fine with 320*240 and has good controls would be a dream for me, such a great game.
Maybe a tvout mode with higher res and usb mouse/keyboard support would also be possible? that would be awsome!

The TV Out mode would be really cool! I never really did TV Out stuff on the GP2X before.

What I have working on PPC TTD so far is a 320x240 (rotated Portrait) screen scaled down from 640x480 (an even 2x scaled down)...then when a button is pressed the screen becomes unscaled where the cursor currently is. Press the button again and it goes back to the scaled screen. What I want to do with the GP2X version is make the left trigger the scaled/unscaled mode. The left stick will be used as the cursor, and the right 4 buttons will be used for scrolling the scaled mode. The right trigger and start/select/volumes can be used for other tasks later on. This version is based on the latest OpenTTD version out, though it is from Dec 11th nightly build I believe. It's very good!

P.S.: Promoting my premodded Slim PS2 plus other stuff here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=34347

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Dec 29 2006 at 07:11 PM said:
He might make a new one when he gets something out, then that will become popular too...

Just wait for it.

Also unintentional bump.
I thought he was probably going to make a new thread too. Sorry, I didn't mean to make a senseless post.

Last edited by a moderator:
*BUMP* ;P

Exophase is working on the dynarec from what I'm aware of. When it's ready the next release will be out.

I'm still working on OpenTTD and work related projects, and need to make that final bit of progress to get a working build of the MVS/CPS1/CPS2 emu on the GP2X. The holidays slowed things down for everyone it seems.

Jimmyslam is a member on this board IIRC so if it's something 'big' he'll probably make a news post about it...

Back