Hyperkin Retron 5

That's an interesting piece of hardware..... now all they need is Jaguar, Lynx, and TG 16 support!

Doesn't the current Retron3 play sounds correctly already?

That will be neat, I'll definitely keep selling Retrons in my shop :D

Tempted to get this to replace my old fc3 multiconsole. I own original consoles in the bedroom but in living room a multi is more convenient.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Does look nice, can make use of original controllers and carts ... I wanted one of these older models for a bit.

This model could be the one I buy

I've heard the R3 has problems... but it looks like the R5 would likely be a major evolution.

Seeing as the missus persuaded me [albeit begrudgingly] to sell about 13 consoles from my collection not too long ago, I have my eye on this beauty.

My NES was one of the casualties of war :(

Any idea on the price of this yet?

I'm slightly disappointed this uses an emulation solution. I always prefer running games on native hardware where possible, rather than on more powerful modern hardware pretending to be older, slower hardware. Shame it hasn't got any exotic ports - at that price it could be worth buying for components to make Retrode adaptors with (I'm okay with emulation when it means more games at your fingertips)

So it's like a retrode with more or less a "raspberri pi-like" hardware running android in a nice package? :huh:

From the review, they're thinking about making the console opensource, if it's true, it will be an interesting piece of hardware to mess with.

So it's like a retrode with more or less a "raspberri pi-like" hardware running android in a nice package? :huh:

From the review, they're thinking about making the console opensource, if it's true, it will be an interesting piece of hardware to mess with.
Sounds like a job for ED and MWeston then.

Creating the ultimate retro console with the best gamepad of all times.

Sounds like a job for ED and MWeston then.

Creating the ultimate retro console with the best gamepad of all times.
wish someone would make a nice new controller that I could use with the Megadrive/Amiga/any other old machine with the same connector!

I'm certainly bagging a RetroN5 when it is released :)

Back