How Much Time Do You Spend On Your Gp2x?

garteth

Website
Visit site
I seem to use my gp2x occassionally when i'm bored or have nothing else to do, I don't think i've even completed a game on it yet. I think I spend more time testing new stuff out than actually playing for long periods. So how often do you guys spend on yours? How many games have you completed on it?

Myself about 30mins a day.
I have finished sonic 1,2 and 3 with drmd though.

GF playing Tilematch - Far too much time.

I've not used mine for quite a long time :( I'm normally busy when I'm at home, out of the office at lunch and I'm only the bus for about 10 minutes on the way to work.

About an hour a day, but are the sum of 15-min chunks during lunch break, tea time, taking bus/subway, etc...

I've finished several shoot-ups with DrMD, namely (in case you're interested) Aleste, Mustang, Thunder Force 3. Currently playing Wonderboy 5.

Sometimes I'd prefer take my PSU along as I'm still not very satisfied with the battery usage when playing movies, as it seems the batteries (Sanyo 2700mAh Ni-MH) are emptied in about 30 mins...

Hope the (rumoured) 1.5 firmware can help...

30 Mns to one hour per day is what my doctor adviced me.
But when I came back from a gig by train (like the past week-end), I could play it 3 hours non stop (me and my friends of course).

EDIT : I have 2300, "not so good" Uniross batteries, but I can easily play more than 2 hours with a set of two batteries.
I'm waiting 8 X 2800 pro batteries by mail this week :)

bout 10mins, even though I just have it one week :(
(not really much new stuff in comparison to gp32)

@z32fairlady: you have sanyo batteries and only get half an hour?
Sanyo is a very good brand of accus :) (dont know about AA's).

aapje89 posted on Mar 16 2006 at 10:21 PM said:
bout 10mins, even though I just have it one week :(
(not really much new stuff in comparison to gp32)

@z32fairlady: you have sanyo batteries and only get half an hour?
Sanyo is a very good brand of accus :) (dont know about AA's).
Yes I know. And that's why I chose Sanyo. :D

Regarding the time, that's a very very rough estimation, I think if I'm just playing games it could last much longer. And I haven't took a real movie to test it out yet - instead I'm just using it to play clips which are about 15min long at most.

[Ah, I'll have an hour-long trip tomorrow... try again. ;)]

I suppose the video encoding parameters could also affect the battery usage? I'm using 1-pass xvid + mp3@96kbps which I found no sound skipping with 1.4 firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
30-60 minutes a day playing games, watching videos, and listening to music

30-60 minutes a day developing/tinkering

Not much yet, brought mine for home brew dev. So i've spent more time coding for it. I'm just putting together my beta version of my 3d gfx game engine. A few more weeks to go. I know there is SDL and GLes for the GP2x, i'm just doing it for fun. So I guess when i've got it up and running on the gp2x and sorted my web page out then lots more time. Prob bug fixing ;)

In short,
time spent coding for the gp2x lots. :)
time spent on the gp2x, not much. :(

MarioDS is my game of the moment.

Quite a lot. I had about jack shit to do yesterday, so I played Gleylancer for an hour, then beat Metal Slug and Metal Slug X in GnGeo back to back. Today I got in a good bit more Metal Slug .. last night I listened to some music on it and watched an episode of Family Guy.

Back