How Do You Deal With This?

C

codeninja

As I enjoy GP2x more as an usual handheld machine rather than some experiments, the abrupt battery hang becomes more and more issue to me. While in the middle of enjoying [put your favorite GP2x stuffs here], the machine just dies without any warning or anything. I guess, I should do a time log or something, but that's really distracting.

How do you guys deal with this while playing your game? I wish it gives me a few seconds so that at least I can save...

Next firmware will switch on the battery light when it runs low. Other than that, I think it's up to the developer to put in battery warnings.

codeninja posted on Dec 30 2005 at 06:43 PM said:
As I enjoy GP2x more as an usual handheld machine rather than some experiments, the abrupt battery hang becomes more and more issue to me. While in the middle of enjoying [put your favorite GP2x stuffs here], the machine just dies without any warning or anything. I guess, I should do a time log or something, but that's really distracting.

How do you guys deal with this while playing your game? I wish it gives me a few seconds so that at least I can save...
this is the same with the gp32, but I must say you get used to it :)
(and make sure to save ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Dec 30 2005 at 01:39 PM said:
Next firmware will switch on the battery light when it runs low. Other than that, I think it's up to the developer to put in battery warnings.

I hope that is the way of it. I thought that the light was just going to turn on when you ran it from battery instead of main/outlet? Maybe just selective reading on my part or just read wrong.

The moment GPH releases AC adapter, I'm buying one. Any news regarding that?

codeninja posted on Dec 30 2005 at 12:54 PM said:
The moment GPH releases AC adapter, I'm buying one. Any news regarding that?

Sure, buy one from playasia.com or try eBay, there are threads on this if you do a forum search.

As a stop gap I bought a multi voltage adapter from Dixons, about £14 and seems to work ok.
It's an SMJ Switching Power Suppy, voltages 3v to 7v, various detachable plugs for devices and mains socket connecters.
I've used it in the UK and Finland without problems.
I've bought 8x 2500mah AA Nhim batteries with free protective cases from
www.7dayshop.com
as well as a charger for around £13 and these seem to work well too. With all Nhims they need time to get up to full capacity so be patient.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Mark
PS
they also saved me £60 on two batteries for my Canon Digital SLR camera!

Back