How far can emulation go? (Pyra vs. Pandora)

Will it possible to emulate 2DS? (probably not?)
There is no 3DS/2DS emulator available at all right now that we can make any sort of judgement with.The 3DS clocks at about 2.5 times what the NDS does, with a dual core main processor. From what I understand, emulating the NDS on the Pandora was tight, Exophase did some amazing work getting it to work. Scaling that up, hypothetically speaking, the 3DS/2DS hardware could be emulated on the Pyra, it should have enough power, but just like NDS on the Pandora it'd be tight and would need another brilliant developer to handle it.First thing that needs to happen, however, is for the 3DS to be fully documented and a desktop emulator created. That doesn't look very likely but you never know.Second thing that needs to happen is figure out how were going to emulate the 3D effect. ;) (do not respond to this, is troll line)
This forum has also got some brilliant developers? Ok, I knew it is impossible at some point, or it is not possible now. But as far as I understand from your post, it could be possible. Just "not now" or next one year.
Second thing that needs to happen is figure out how were going to emulate the 3D effect. ;) (do not respond to this, is troll line)
Meh - been called worse.I had an idea for this - or similar - though.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-3D-Photo-Viewer-Underwood-Underwood-Wooden-Stereoscope-Excellent-/151753595451?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2355381a3bPut the Pyra screen at the focal point of something like that with the keyboard underneath.
That seems like a good idea :)

Second thing that needs to happen is figure out how were going to emulate the 3D effect. ;) (do not respond to this, is troll line)
Meh - been called worse.I had an idea for this - or similar - though.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-3D-Photo-Viewer-Underwood-Underwood-Wooden-Stereoscope-Excellent-/151753595451?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2355381a3bPut the Pyra screen at the focal point of something like that with the keyboard underneath.
That seems like a good idea :)
Or there is something akin to Google cardboard - but then you'd be typing with your nose.  At least the old-school stereoscopes were at a comfortable viewing/holding/controls distance.

Umm.

Terraria have been released in Linux now. (Open Beta) I think people who have exagear will be able to try it. (QEMU makes it slow)

Isn't it running in Mono? We don't need an emulator for that, just OpenGL.

I think he is refering to the fact that ptitSeb has gotten further with mono than anyone and has so far had trouble getting mono games to run (besides Hammerwatch of course). I think he thinks mono compatibility might be better in Exagear. To your point, lunixbochs, it would be better to try without exagear for now not only due to performance, but also that OpenGL stuff really needs your glshim integration to be made public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emulation is like coffee.  Some like dark roast, some not so much.  Others prefer tea.  Gamecube - Meh.  Nice for you but not something I am interested in.  Start talking a faster Jaguar emu or a Falcon Emulation and my interest is suddenly peaked.  I hope to see these one day!

Seeing the amazing work that was done and keeps being accomplished on the Pandora, I can only wait with much excitement to see the amazing work that will be done for the Pyra!  

Plus I already proved it will run good with all effects and at full 800x600 resolution (Max for D2) .
Could you try Stronghold on your OMAP5 devboard? I would spend entirely too much time gaming if that game worked on the Pyra.

-God Ginrai

Emulation is like coffee.  Some like dark roast, some not so much.  Others prefer tea.
The difference being that what you emulate is a matter of preference but if you don't like dark roast then you're just wrong :p
I don't particularly care what all you dirty coffee drinkers think.  *sips tea*

cd6a9dcf5fc323e0fd750babb48ea91b.jpg

I didn't watch the video, but I can see what it is about.  I knew someone that tried some of that, or at least purchased some.  I east cheese, which is pretty disgusting if you think about it, and, even worse, I eat dead animals.  I have just never been fond of coffee.  

One time my eagerness to drink tea bit me in the ass when I was meeting with some people and they made some tea.  When they poured me some I knew it was a bit hot for me, so I waited for a couple minutes.  During that time it got a bit awkward as some of the people I was meeting with had already finished their first cup, so I took a sip.  Scalded my mouth pretty bad, but I just pretended everything was fine.  I was unable to taste the dinner we had later with half of my tongue.  I know coffee drinkers that also like it scalding hot.  Maybe these are cultural differnces (although the people I see drinking nearly boiling coffee include others from the same part of my country as me).  For me tea is a relaxing thing, and I don't drink it while it can still injure due to the temperature.

Since I met my wife and learned that at least one Chinese drinks tea brewed from cheap tea bags in lukewarm water I know that one shouldn't be too strict with ceremony. Though she has no problems drinking it pretty hot, too. The trick is to suck a small amount into the mouth without letting it touch the tongue. It works, but just adding cold water or using a smaller cup is easier :)

I think, a cup of tea is better than a cup of coffee. I mean, there are a lot kinds of coffee and some of them can be better, but instead of a normal cup of coffee, I prefer tea.

Also, will Pyra be able to emulate a cup of tea?

Back