Predictions of emulators.

This is why I tried to start an Epic FAQ before these guys came in
To be fair, someone who doesn't take the time to read the most recent posts to see what's going on isn't likely to read a FAQ either. And what would you have said in a FAQ that would have prevented this? "Check the most recent posts" should be standard practice, it's common courtesy no matter what forum you visit.

Also consider the user thewitcherman3's response: when called out and told why the behavior was problematic they responded by accusing the entire board of being snobbish and cruel. Seems a little overreactionary and possibly someone who might have difficulties with a homebrew console. We're STILL being plagued by problems with that CCF guy everytime something doesn't work exactly perfectly, but he's just the biggest example and it actually happens fairly frequently.

That may sound elitist, being all "some people just don't GET what the Pandora is about and can't handle it" but it is a $600 machine and yeah, some people would just be wasting their money on it. If someone is just looking for an emulation machine then they'd probably be better off with something cheaper from a bigger player that just does games. That's not elitist, that's genuine assistance: save your money, buy a Shield or something.
His question took all of a few seconds to answer by my previous post than the time it took for you to reprimand him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
His question took all of a few seconds to answer by my previous post than the time it took for you to reprimand him.
What are you talking about? I did nothing of the sort. I was trying to diffuse the bomb that _jr_ and slaeshjag had laid.

What are you talking about? I did nothing of the sort. I was trying to diffuse the bomb that _jr_ and slaeshjag had laid.
I'm talking about your latest post just now and your previous one and that it took less effort on my part to actually answer the thewitcherman3's opening question than to explain his lack of forum etiquette. Not everyone spends the amount of hours that some do in forums and may not know yet how things are done. 

seems like all i can get to is the thread itself, which can be huge.
As ekianjo said, the option is called "Display results as posts".
Wow, even with this useful piece of information, it took me a few minutes to figure it out.  Using the standard search doesn't allow this at all (AFAICT).  Turns out you have to click on the "settings" (Gear) button to get to the advanced search.

Even within the simple search, it'd be nice to be able to open up the thread, look at the matches, and click on the post you want to get to.  I see there's a little arrow to open up the topic, it tells you who wrote the first match, but it doesn't allow you to click on that to get to the post.

[annoyed] For the advanced search, a Gear is not the most standard button to do an advanced search.  Usually it's just text, "Advanced Search."  Usually a gear is for your own personal account settings, or your preferences for the forum...

latest_cb_20150209224301.jpg

[annoyed] For the advanced search, a Gear is not the most standard button to do an advanced search.  Usually it's just text, "Advanced Search."  Usually a gear is for your own personal account settings, or your preferences for the forum...
Well if some people found it, it means it's not impossible :)

Plus there is a tooltip on the gear "advanced search" so it's not invisible at all. 

Which amounts to you doing the work he could have done and it'd be to his benefit (and ours, but also his) if he would get in the habit of doing so. Teach a man to fish and all.

Are you even serious.. there was nothing wrong _jr_'s post at all, the guy took it personally for some reason and it all went downhill from there. Maybe people think that the response was bad because he took it so badly? Even ekianjo's was taken very badly and that response was fine, especially by ekianjo standards :p Saying that redundant threads spam up the board is not the same as calling someone a spammer, anyone should be able to see that if they don't just have knee-jerk reactions...

I don't know, maybe he expected some ridiculously polite (and fake) corporate-PR style customer-is-always-right response that you might get from a paid drone on a site for a major product.

We need to bring Prometheus back. She knew how to deal with newcomers and people who are hostile to newcomers mistakes. Just sayin.....I've been on both sides of that coin. 

Which amounts to you doing the work he could have done and it'd be to his benefit (and ours, but also his) if he would get in the habit of doing so. Teach a man to fish and all.
He just wanted a straight answer, and I wasn't overburdened by offering him it in a link, even if it was after he skedaddled.  

We need to bring Prometheus back. She knew how to deal with newcomers and people who are hostile to newcomers mistakes. Just sayin.....I've been on both sides of that coin. 
We can be polite to newcomers with or without her presence(she's probably lurking around her anways). ;)    

We can be polite to newcomers with or without her presence(she's probably lurking around her anways).    
speak for yourself. i wouldve ripped this guy a new asshole if i was stalking pyra general suforum 

For thewitcherman3 and any others new folks left curious about the initial question regarding what to expect from the Pyra, this thread may give you a first line idea: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17936-how-far-can-emulation-go-pyra-vs-pandora/ 

Thanks for trying to be helpful, Saber, but slaeshjag actually already gave exactly the same pointer as an answer to the initial question, within one hour of the initial question:

There's a thread about this very subject just a couple lines down in the listing.. :p

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17936-how-far-can-emulation-go-pyra-vs-pandora/ 

So I don't know why this thread has degenerated into a meta-thread about this community allegedly consisting of unhelpful snobs. I don't think it really gets more helpful on any other internet forum.

no come back and support us :)

welcome to the forum.  this forumn will teach you how to be man up.  if you don't die on this forum, you will become stronger. if you die, oh well.  take criticisms on this forum constructively.  i have been beaten down many times but i've stood up and i think i've become stronger :)   this is the internet, everyone has his own opinions, and no one listens to anyone else - Moxie :)

I'm talking about your latest post just now
I was talking to Wally. I even quoted him. Everything I said in that post was directly to his ideas. thewitcherman3 is long gone, there's no reason to be reprimanding him at all at this point, it's all theoretical discussion on how to handle it in the future. The "few seconds" you took was literally wasted because he will never see it, the minute or so I took was not wasted because it is a discussion that needs to happen.
Are you even serious.. there was nothing wrong _jr_'s post at all, the guy took it personally for some reason and it all went downhill from there
Yeah, I am serious. I know _jr_ didn't intend anything bad but I saw the potential for it to be taken the wrong way and wanted to do my best to prevent that from happening. It didn't work, they took it personally exactly like I thought they would. Which is exactly what I was arguing against, not trying to coddle users that can't be bothered with basic forum ettiquette, but my hypocrisies are mine to own. :p

For thewitcherman3 and any others new folks left curious about the initial question regarding what to expect from the Pyra, this thread may give you a first line idea: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17936-how-far-can-emulation-go-pyra-vs-pandora/ 

Thanks for trying to be helpful, Saber, but slaeshjag actually already gave exactly the same pointer as an answer to the initial question, within one hour of the initial question:

There's a thread about this very subject just a couple lines down in the listing.. :p

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17936-how-far-can-emulation-go-pyra-vs-pandora/ 

So I don't know why this thread has degenerated into a meta-thread about this community allegedly consisting of unhelpful snobs. I don't think it really gets more helpful on any other internet forum.
People can be a little irascible around here when the words of another don't align with their own way of thinking. Look at how some threads balloon as a result, and usually over something quickly forgotten. 

We can be polite to newcomers with or without her presence(she's probably lurking around her anways).    
speak for yourself. i wouldve ripped this guy a new asshole if i was stalking pyra general suforum 
We need a hazing subforum I suppose.  :p

We don't take kindly to your sorts around these parts!

So best you be gettin back on that horse, and riding like the devils whippin at your tail! Uh...Huh!

:angry:   :blink:   :)

Edit: Obviously I'm being sarcastic here and not poking fun at witcherman.

Back