Holidays are over!

The light bleed in the transparent case isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm starting to really doubt my choice in red....
Well anyway, the vid ain't long enough in my book. MOAR PREASE

Thanks for the update and video.

I really like the attention to detail and how everything just see to just "click" and fit so well during the assembly process. This is such a nice change from most mobile device which are not made to be open / tinkered with.

I'll probably not open my Pyra unless I have to but it's always good to know it can easily be done if needed. Some really nice improvement over the Pandora.

I also have my doubts about the rubber D-pad. I am confident that after testing, you'll choose the best solution, so I am not worried. In any case it's difficult to judge without testing it first.

I am really looking forward to seeing more Pyra video, especially with the developer unit shipping soon. Hopefully the last bit of tweaking will be done and we'll have a final Pyra version soonish.

How to remove the upper part of the nubs ? Turning them the other way ?
No.
That would damage the PCB-mounted part.

To remove the nubs, you'll have to remove the cover plate.
The nubs in the video got turned to line up the square hole of the nubs with the square part of the bolt of the sensors.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, guessing by the stickers on various bits of the kit he put together, I think most of those were debug/prototypes/old revisions, so there's bound to be at least a couple of things in that that stop it booting.

Nope, actually, it should work. But I don't have a bootable SD Card that automatically enables the screen when using TILER, I would've to manually start it via a connected ssh, and that was a bit too much for the video.

It was great to see the diverences between Pandora and Pyra assemply

If this rubber Dpad ditnt wears that out like my PS 2 Gamepad Joysticks
And its works good, than i would be fine whit it, but i would also be fine whit the plastic dpad like on the Pandora
This Displaycable seems also bee great whit the doubled wires

But one thing that confused me a bit :
You said there isnt a Wlan Antenna Cable and no Microphone Holder anymore
Dos this means there are now on the PCB?? Or are they locatet elsewere

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I will watch the video in a bit. . But I want to chip in and say please to seriously concider the wisdom and longevity of a rubber dpad. It may feel great now... but like many have mentioned... Rubber degrades. We all like the Pandora dpad... what's that saying about fixing what isn't broken?

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

But one thing that confused me a bit :
You said there isnt a Wlan Antenna Cable and no Microphone Holder anymore
Dos this means there are now on the PCB?? Or are they locatet elsewere
The microphone is on the left site, next t the keypad.
The W-Lan / Bluetooth,... are the metal cans on the left side of the sd-card slots

[Edit]
I will watch the video in a bit. . But I want to chip in and say please to seriously concider the wisdom and longevity of a rubber dpad. It may feel great now... but like many have mentioned... Rubber degrades. We all like the Pandora dpad... what's that saying about fixing what isn't broken?

Whats about using a snap-nub on the rubber to snap the D-pad on to the rubber-mate?
Because gluing rubber isn't always a good idea because the rubber tend to rupture on the edge of the glued part.
[/Edit]

Last edited:
Could you compare the wifi range between pandora and pyra(2.4Ghz) while holding it with both your hands ?

Have you considered selling Pyra as a self-assembly kit? I would be much interested in such thing if I finally come up to buying one (it's not an easy decision financially). I think not even a detailed assembly instruction would be necessary. A video like this would be perfectly fine.

Have you considered selling Pyra as a self-assembly kit? I would be much interested in such thing if I finally come up to buying one (it's not an easy decision financially). I think not even a detailed assembly instruction would be necessary. A video like this would be perfectly fine.

We talked about this time ago and decided it make no sense.

I can think of four potential problems with shipping kits:
  1. You can't fully test a box of parts - so a few people will receive defective components which have to be returned.
  2. Some users will either assemble the device incorrectly, or damage it through mishandling, resulting in a difficult customer-service situation.
  3. The individual parts are delicate, and would require lots of anti-static bags and bubble-wrap. Far more than a completed unit.
  4. International shipping might get complicated when packing a mixture of parts (including a lipo battery) in the same box.

No.
The whole warranty stuff would be a mess and it would most likely create a lot more work for ED.

You still cannot replace the LCD without opening the bottom part because of the cable is attached there?
No you still can, the display board is where the LCD is connected and the MIPI connector is still removable without taking the base apart..

I love the nub clicking into place
The NEW nub dance! clickety clickety!
I must say though, that I like the slight glow around the nubs.
I liked the lines on the side of the unit, like the cars that have a decorative line...
almost willing to pay extra for him to take more time on my device's assembly
I know what you mean... I was like: :-||

Evildragon could sell the Pyra as Kit whit double fun:
First the fun you have when you disassemple your new Pyra (make something like a Unboxing Video but lot times deeper)
And then the fun to reassenple the Unit..

Because the other threadt i got some question:
Will the Pyra have some Foampads on his Shoulderbuttons like my First Batch Pandora or want this be neccesary anymore??

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Back