Here Is What Will Be Happening.

Good solution. I'd probably be happy to go either way, although I would tend towards waiting for "perfect". Will wait until MWeston's info to decide.

I assume you'll go through the pre-order list until you get 500 responses who want it NOW?

It's lots of little issues, not quite straight edges on the ports, little things here and there, the photos will show it better.

Some people would not care, others would. It's just one of those situations.

MWeston said:
These cases are like the ugly girlfriend who does all the dirty stuff you like but someone you don't want your friends to see.

The case fits, is totally functional and sturdy but it looks like the rev2 ones. I don't know what the hell they were doing the past two months. Seriously.

I'm also trying to find out if these were made from recycled plastic or new pellets. Maybe that is why it still has rough edges and a greasy finish and a production run will be done differently.
fck

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
These cases are like the ugly girlfriend who does all the dirty stuff you like but someone you don't want your friends to see.

The case fits, is totally functional and sturdy but it looks like the rev2 ones. I don't know what the hell they were doing the past two months. Seriously.

I'm also trying to find out if these were made from recycled plastic or new pellets. Maybe that is why it still has rough edges and a greasy finish and a production run will be done differently.

Hmm... given that I think I'd happily volunteer to get one of the 500 (given the opportunity), especially since (as I recall) we will be able to order the final case parts separately later on. I have no issue with dealing with the case now and cracking it open to change it when the final revision is done ^_^

Man that factory really needs to pull its finger out,it entire hand actually.
Maybe they will have to send their man over to china.I might take one if the case is good,but I will probably get another from the perfect batch also.

I think that I would rather have my Pandora in time for my flight to Japan than have a perfect case, so I think I will vote to "go with it" no matter what it looks like.

It's too bad that this company is doing such a terrible job.

Once the pics and videos are up, is it insane to ask the first 500 or so if they want to wait on revisions and then move willing people up in the queue? Man, I wish I was this well-informed on everything I bought that was made in China.

I don't know where I am on the list, but I hope I get a chance to go for this minibatch. I'll probably jump at it.

After the first month of bouncing around in my pocket with my keys and my swiss knife, it's not going to be pretty anyway.

well, i dont know either where i am in the list, but i would sure like to have one of the 500, i personally dont mind rough edge or the case at all, as long as it close and work thats fine with me XD. im much more interested in whats in the case.

I really really like this manner of doing things. I hope the majority of people choses to go ahead with MP, I will regardless

I think that more than 500 should be made, I think there should be as many made as the people that don't mind, whether that be 500 or 3000, that's how many cases should be made. And anyway, as said we could buy perfect cases whenever they're made (probably never from that factory going on what Michael has said).

Hopefully the production run will look better anyway. But really, I think we can almost confirm that this company won't produce 'perfect' cases anyway. So, I'm going with MP. I want to see "case production has started" really badly.

Cant wait to see the video.And who knows op,might know if the full run will be better than the samples by tomorrow.M weston suggested the full run could look better.I think id be happy with almost perfect.

I ordered the moment pre-orders went live. I will definitely take one of these early cases. I think the unique nature of having one of the early cases will make up for the fact that they are not 100% perfect. Sure we all wish the cases would be perfect now. But even so... This is great news!

atomicthumbs said:
Would we be able to get new cases once the issues are fixed?
+1
THis is a valid Question

My assumption might be yes if you like to tinker & risk a warranty void?

What's the good word here?

Peace & Kush

Link

500 is probably plenty for the people who dont care so much how it looks. I'd imagine they could send out a mass email and the first 500 would get it that way. I doubt even 500 would respond though.

I don't know where I stand on this. If you'd asked me not too long ago, I'd have said I'd been waiting long enough that a couple extra weeks to make sure the cases were perfect would be worth it. Now, though... I guess I don't trust this company to get it right at all. They just spent the best part of a month working on the mold, because they wanted the cases to be "perfect," and then they're no better than they were before? I mean, I'm seriously worried that this might well be as good as it gets - it certainly seems like the factory lacks either the willingness or the ability to do any better. If that's the case, more time wouldn't do any good, any more than the last month has done.

I'll wait for more information, and it's certain that Michael knows more about this than I do, so I won't make a final decision until he gives us something. Still, the bird in the proverbial hand is looking more and more attractive.

From what I have seen it is mainly things like a few sink marks, flow lines and rough edges. These things should be fixed by better mold fit and finish.

The functionality looked fine from the photos I have seen and the strength should be fine. The issues are cosmetic. If you are planning to use it roughly by throwing it in a bag and letting it get scratched up anyway the current cases should be ok for you.

I have to admit after seeing the cases in the current state, a wave of exitement drowned out the flaws. I can see enjoying this alot and it is truly a cool piece of kit.

Back