Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe, depending on the storyline

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, seeing as you all 'dis ninjamonkey so much, this thread is extremely busy!

My two pence: I started playing FPS's with quake how they should be played - mouse and keyboard. I could not understand why people liked N64 Golden Shower so much with the useless controls.

However, I now have an XBox 1 (i bought 2nd hand for 30 quid - with Halo/Halo2 - for use as a myth frontend), so I found myself playing Halo. It takes a bit to get used to the controls but once you get into it, it's very good indeed.

I would love to play it on a small handheld device! But then, I think any FPS would be great on the Pandy - there's nothing that special about Halo.

Like I said before - I want to kill Zombies!!

Oh, and Ninjamonkey - is the magic internet giving you want you want yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I said it before: I m up for helping with a re-make of it, stop flaming the "PSP Halo", graphics ain't anything - atleast not until the physics and so on are ready.

The 3D Realms guys were chatting to me the other night, and mentioned they'd like to port Duke Nukem Forever to the Pandora, but they said they'd only do it if there a poll on this forum to see if people would actually want to play it. To vote please do the following:

Windows users -> shutdown -t 0

Linux users -> shutdown now

...okay, anyone still reading obviously doesn't want to vote... congratulations on not voting on yet another pointless poll! :D

Steve

Strange that fanbois of a device which is more than a year behind schedual are so quick to shout vapourware :D
(Does sound pretty fake though lol)

'maxSteiner' said:
Strange that fanbois of a device which is more than a year behind schedual are so quick to shout vapourware :D
+1
+1
+1

'ttcircus' said:
'maxSteiner' said:
+1
+1
+1
Wow, I'm actually going to post after two of our most beloved trolls to say that the thought had crossed my mind too. :p A lot of the things being said in here are what other people have said about Pandora.

Having said that, the whole Halo on Pandora thing is hilariously dumb.

'Gruso' said:
'ttcircus' said:
'maxSteiner' said:
+1
+1
+1
Wow, I'm actually going to post after two of our most beloved trolls to say that the thought had crossed my mind too. :p A lot of the things being said in here are what other people have said about Pandora.

Having said that, the whole Halo on Pandora thing is hilariously dumb.

lol
I don't know if you noticed but i've been pretty reasonnable lately...

lulzfish said:
Wait wait wait...

People are SELLING SuperTuxKart?
:huh:
whut?
No, lulzfish... He's responsible for the IP licensing on SuperTuxCart and he was using it as an allusion of people ripping off artwork (which is an infringement and plagiarism...)

Consequence9 said:
LMFAO, tnx for posting that. So not only is ninjamonkey spamming the forums with 'ideas' that he wants other people to develop for him, now he's straight up making shit up now.
You mean he wasn't making it all up out of the whole cloth all along? ;)

ninjamonkey = FAIL

No kidding. I'm surprised that we have HOW many screens worth of discussion on someone's "Wouldn't it be cool if... Can anyone help me make it?" type posts. :D

Here's a reality check for you ninjamonkey if you're still lurking this thread:

1) Things like Halo are cool, but the amount of effort involved to capture the original X-Box title's feel and story line is of epic proportions. It takes professional level work and dedication to accomplish this. This is not saying we don't have that caliber of person in this forum (Throw a rock, hit one o' them- seriously...), but in the same vein, they're interested in porting games they CAN get their hands on or doing their own homebrew and indie titles. You're not going to get interest by putting up polls on things.

2) Anything less than 750 people is not going to remotely interest one of the people capable of bringing your dreams you keep begging for into fruition. My time's better spent on moving game ports over. I'm sure MDave's time is going to be better spent doing things like Kurok on Pandora (not that he's moving it over, but at least I suspect he's got something in that class of stuff planned... ;) ). There's others. I can assure you that things where you get 75 yes votes aren't going to catch MY interest unless I'm already interested in making something like it happen on the Pandora.

3) Doing something that touches on the Copyrights and Trademarks of Microsoft is a dicey thing at best. Getting it on a Pandora might just get more attention from their legal people than you want to be getting because they MIGHT just notice a fan based infringement (which is what we're all talking about with Halo "mods"...keep that solidly in mind...) of their IP that happens to run on a gaming platform that uses the ONE OS that they've got a serious hate-on for.

Halo solitude looks pretty decent (minus the muzzle flash), too bad I'm selling my psp...

One wonders what it'd take to get it over on to Pandora. Having said this, though, line item 3 above has me questioning if it'd be a good idea or not.

Svartalf said:
No, lulzfish... He's responsible for the IP licensing on SuperTuxCart and he was using it as an allusion of people ripping off artwork (which is an infringement and plagiarism...)
This guy: stores.shop.ebay.com/jmenterprise77 had several auctions up about a month ago for CDs with SuperTuxKart on them. He was selling them for $6.99 if I recall correctly. At least he made decals to apply to his burned CD. I think he also printed off the man page as a "manual" to go with, though I can't find the original auctions anymore and can't remember all the details.

I'm honestly not sure what bothers me more, the fact that ninjamonkey doesn't learn or the fact that nobody else does since every time he posts anything there's 5 pages of bashing.

After all, if you don't respond then the thread just drops off to the next page of posts and dies suitably.

Yea, I guess we should all use our Pandora's instead. Obviously everyone is bored and we scavenge this board for new information hourly. I have been slowly coming to this forum less and less because I just keep getting tired.

Like, we know the CNC case is headed to Germany for ED to show off at an Exhibition. But we don't know if there is another case headed to MWeston, Which I don't think there is. So at best ED will be shipping it to MWeston March 9th.

We are coming closer and closer to the last Pandora being delivered in the "August/September" area.

5 pages of bashing helps us continue to come back to these boards in the hope that new information will be here. Trust me, when real news comes, this topic will die immediately.

We've got nothing else to do, as long as we keep the insanity in ninjamonkey's threads, it lets us make jokes without disrupting anything important.

'Phawx' said:
Like, we know the CNC case is headed to Germany for ED to show off at an Exhibition. But we don't know if there is another case headed to MWeston, Which I don't think there is. So at best ED will be shipping it to MWeston March 9th.
That makes literally no sense. Why would another case NOT be headed to the person in charge of getting the CE/FCC testing done just so the only existing case could be shown off at some trade show? I seriously doubt the team would put that ahead of testing. Once the error in the files has been corrected it's just a matter of telling the machine to make X amount. They'll probably have at least 3 made as I'm sure craigix would want in on the action too, and maybe even some backups as well (in case one gets lost/stolen/broken).

I was under the impression that CNC cases are very expensive. Also the "first" cnc case will be headed to ED and not MWeston, so this tradeshow is slightly more important, I guess. There may well be a second and third, but I don't know the span of time they will be manufactured, if it's different..are there 5 being made in a batch? I don't know.

The only info we have, again, is the "first" cnc case is headed to Germany.

'Phawx' said:
Also the "first" cnc case will be headed to ED and not MWeston, so this tradeshow is slightly more important, I guess.
I may well be mistaken, but I had gotten the impression that since ED is in Europe, and the CE testing is a European requirement, that ED was taking care of the CE stuff. Again, I could well be wrong, but that is what I thought was happening. Please do correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Yeah, I thought ED had said something about knowing someone that can hurry the pandora through the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back