Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, depending on the storyline

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
'WizardStan' said:
'ninjamonkey' said:
WHY? Because I want to see this happen is why.
Then why not bother the developers incessantly? Why do you keep posting here time after time with your inane project ideas, long after you said you"d stop? There is nothing we can do with their code, and they will honestly not care about the minimal feedback you will receive from this forum. Some of our biggest polls in recent months topped at around 300 votes, and that was for important things. If even half that many vote for this, and half them vote in favour, all that's going to tell them is that 75 people are interested in playing their Halo game. 75 votes will not sway a developer to do anything, unless there"s money attached to it.
I'm impressed that you"re so keen on getting something developed for the Pandora, but seriously, give it a rest! At least wait until it"s out and you really can show off the capabilities to a developer first hand.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, THIS ISN't AN IDEA TOPIC. THE PEOPLE ON THAT FORUM WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DEMAND THERE IS FOR AHLO ON THE pANDORA. THATS WHAT I'M DOING. ITS NOT ONE OF MY IDEAS. THEY WANTED TO KNOW, BEFORE THEY WENT THROUGH THE PROBLEM OF PORTING IT. GOT IT? OR WAS I NOT CLEAR ENOUGH?

edit: thats because I PM'ed the head of the project about it. So you wouldn't see it on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: HAHA

EDIT2: Why would they want to know how much interest there is for porting it to Pandora if the lead developer's laptop is dead with all of the data, and they haven't even come close to finishing a game that still looks like crap?

'Vorporeal' said:
EDIT2: Why would they want to know how much interest there is for porting it to Pandora if the lead developer''s laptop is dead with all of the data, and they haven''t even come close to finishing a game that still looks like crap?
Because they recently recruited a member from halo: solitude who can code. So its coming along but slowly.

It looks like we have a board of Halo hating snobs. I mean com'on, are you guys really saying that you don't want another game ported to the Pandora? What harm would it bring?

peace, everyone :huh:

That's the 20th thread in a row that everyone is ditching ninjamonkey. can't you just ignore him instead of flaming? It's getting really annoying and really, you give a bad reputation to this forum that way.

'Vorporeal' said:
Not to mention that the sprite there looks like it's a model out of the original Doom that went through some of Butter's UV-map mis-mapping issues.
Heck. Even with our UV problems, that gun looked a whole lot better than that model.

Solitude got onto the top 100 mods on moddb, so it's at least got some talent going into it (both art and code). Redemption looks like a joke, using Kurok as a base to mod on. Do you know how much it hurts to see your game defaced in such a manner? :p

'MDave' said:
Solitude got onto the top 100 mods on moddb, so it's at least got some talent going into it (both art and code). Redemption looks like a joke, using Kurok as a base to mod on. Do you know how much it hurts to see your game defaced in such a manner? :p
Dude, it based off your engine (maybe, i dont know) and they tweaked it to there own means.

'ndbsolar' said:
It looks like we have a board of Halo hating snobs. I mean com'on, are you guys really saying that you don't want another game ported to the Pandora? What harm would it bring?
We have nothing against Halo. We're just sick of ninjamonkey posting threads OVER AND OVER trying to get people who actually can code to be coders for a project that he will oversee, even though he wouldn't be putting anything into the project; trying to send emails to Bungee or other dev groups to port their games to Pandora; making even more threads about this stuff; to infinity and beyond.

That's why this thread is the way it is. Not because it's a Halo game, but because it looks like crap vaporware that ninjamonkey is posting about again.

ninjamonkey said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD, THIS ISN't AN IDEA TOPIC. THE PEOPLE ON THAT FORUM WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DEMAND THERE IS FOR AHLO ON THE pANDORA. THATS WHAT I'M DOING. ITS NOT ONE OF MY IDEAS. THEY WANTED TO KNOW, BEFORE THEY WENT THROUGH THE PROBLEM OF PORTING IT. GOT IT? OR WAS I NOT CLEAR ENOUGH?

No, you were perfectly clear, which is why I wrote my post the way I did. Perhaps you should reread it instead of jumping to conclusions?
I will reitterate for you so you don't have to: you will get at most 75 votes in favor of the port, assuming you can actually drum up enough interest to get people to vote. As it is, right now you"re at 9, and I don"t expect it to grow much more (but we shall see).
The point I was making is that these numbers are table scraps: If I were writing a game and someone said "75 people would be interested in playing it on this completely different platform that you have no experience in whatsoever" I"d laugh in their face. Any serious developer would. You simply do not divert resources from one project to work on a parallel project with such a small incentive. Once they"ve finished the PSP code, then you"ll have two things: you"ll have a group of developers that know the code inside and out with some extra time on their hands to work on a port; and you"ll have something complete that you can show off to people to raise interest.
Additional: you are not going to get more support by posting wantonly without thought, and then getting angry when someone points out the flaws in your posts.

'Vorporeal' said:
'ndbsolar' said:
We have nothing against Halo. We're just sick of ninjamonkey posting threads OVER AND OVER trying to get people who actually can code to be coders for a project that he will oversee, even though he wouldn't be putting anything into the project; trying to send emails to Bungee or other dev groups to port their games to Pandora; making even more threads about this stuff; to infinity and beyond.

That's why this thread is the way it is. Not because it's a Halo game, but because it looks like crap vaporware that ninjamonkey is posting about again.

My apologies, I've just seen a couple of his other posts on this board and I'm starting to see your point ;)

'WizardStan' said:
'ninjamonkey' said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD, THIS ISN''''t AN IDEA TOPIC. THE PEOPLE ON THAT FORUM WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DEMAND THERE IS FOR AHLO ON THE pANDORA. THATS WHAT I''''M DOING. ITS NOT ONE OF MY IDEAS. THEY WANTED TO KNOW, BEFORE THEY WENT THROUGH THE PROBLEM OF PORTING IT. GOT IT? OR WAS I NOT CLEAR ENOUGH?

No, you were perfectly clear, which is why I wrote my post the way I did. Perhaps you should reread it instead of jumping to conclusions?
I will reitterate for you so you don't have to: you will get at most 75 votes in favor of the port, assuming you can actually drum up enough interest to get people to vote. As it is, right now you"re at 9, and I don"t expect it to grow much more (but we shall see).
The point I was making is that these numbers are table scraps: If I were writing a game and someone said "75 people would be interested in playing it on this completely different platform that you have no experience in whatsoever" I"d laugh in their face. Any serious developer would. You simply do not divert resources from one project to work on a parallel project with such a small incentive. Once they"ve finished the PSP code, then you"ll have two things: you"ll have a group of developers that know the code inside and out with some extra time on their hands to work on a port; and you"ll have something complete that you can show off to people to raise interest.
Additional: you are not going to get more support by posting wantonly without thought, and then getting angry when someone points out the flaws in your posts.
Ok.

'Vorporeal' date='March 1 2009 said:

Vorporeal, you know you could just ignore them. I know I may get annoying, and that my ideas can be far-fetched at times. But that does give you the right to be a dick about it and them. Ya know there other ways than being a dick in this situation.

"Would you want Halo on the Pandora?"

No, I don't like Halo. It's hard to control and no fun to play.
I could not care less whether or not there's Halo of any sort on the Pandora.

'lulzfish' said:
"Would you want Halo on the Pandora?"

No, I don't like Halo. It's hard to control and no fun to play.
I could not care less whether or not there's Halo of any sort on the Pandora.
Millions would disagree with you... As I do. I bet Craigix wouldn't mind either...

'The_Black_People' said:
Dear ninjamonkey:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Sincerely,
The Black People
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Where has this ninjamonkey guy come from? Not checked the forums since friday afternoon (shocking I know...) and he's posted so much crap its almost impressive.

'ninjamonkey' said:
'MDave' said:
Dude, it based off your engine (maybe, i dont know) and they tweaked it to there own means.

Nope, it's not based on my engine. My engine is tailored specifically for the PSP. And from the videos I have seen, its running on the iphone4quake engine. They just taken my maps and hud and other things for some strange reason, without my permission (as stated in the readme that comes with all versions of Kurok). This upsets developers, some more then others but either way it's not ethical. Do you see where I'm coming from now? I have a bad feeling we'll see the same thing again if I port Kurok to the Pandora. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back