Halo (NOT THE GAME) on my 1Ghz Pandora LCD

Grench

Forum Addict!
Halo (sic) : : a circle of light appearing to surround the sun or moon and resulting from refraction or reflection of light by ice particles in the atmosphere

When I power on my 1Ghz Pandora there is a large halo of brighter and washed out looking pixels in an oval covering the screen that eventually fades after about 20-30 minutes of use. This has just crept in over the last few weeks.

Has anyone seen one do this before?

Is it a screen, connection or cable issue? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi <Master Chief> Grench,

I'm kind of thinking it may be the LCD itself.. but not 100% sure about it.. From what I gathered LCD cables faults are generally lines or the whole screen becomes a shade of color.. But you say it clears up after a while.. that's a bit odd...

Can you take a picture of it? Perhaps others can weigh in on it..

Not sure how this will turn out.

Opening sequence on Vultures Eye.

Trying again...

20121126_195238.jpg

That looks weird... it's certainly the LCD, not the cable...

Did that happen from the very beginning?

Had it been excessed to very cold, humid or warm places?

In worst case I'll have to replace the LCD.

Halo on my 1Ghz Pandora
I'd like to kindly ask you to alter your threads title - I do not know If I survive another heart attack :blink:

Good luck with your problem tough (my guess would be the LCD too)

This thread's going to have thousands of views soon... well played.

I bet your Super Pandora 2.0's screen has plasma grenade residue smattered on it. Windex should make a quick job of it. ;)

This almost looks like something pointy pressed against the back of the touchscreen...

Awww - a mod changed my thread title. I would like to kindly ask that it be changed back. I literally have a, "Halo on my Pandora". I even sent a picture proof of said, 'Halo on my Pandora'.

It is not my fault that there is a mega corporation that hijacks common words in the English language to use for their products.

Semi-kidding aside...

That looks weird... it's certainly the LCD, not the cable...

Did that happen from the very beginning?

Had it been excessed to very cold, humid or warm places?

In worst case I'll have to replace the LCD.

It has started to appear in the last month and is becoming more noticeable.

At first I questioned whether it was really there or not - as it faded quicker and wasn't as pronounced.

I was one of the very first set of 1Ghz Pandoras.

It has not been anywhere particularly cold, humid or warm.

Hmmm... I have no idea what caused it.

There is something to be said of the fact that we live in a day when the title needs to be:

Halo (not the game) when referring to a ring of light

and there would not be a requirement for:

Halo (not a ring of light) when referencing a game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_v._Lindows

"Microsoft feared a court may define "Windows" as generic and result in the loss of its status as a trademark."

Back to the support question - I'm in the middle of the US. Do I need to send it to England (Purchased through CraigIX) to Germany (Built by EvilDragon) or can this be addressed under warranty in the US?

Thank you.

Back