Halo On Gpx2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a fan of the GP32 and GP2X for a while, and I recently found this great site. Anway, I'm working on a Halo game, for the GP2X (screenshots, videos, and a demo coming soon). Right now I'm making it to run on a computer for the demo, but as soon as I get an SDK I will convert it. The game will feature all the weapons from Halo and Halo 2 plus some extras, all the Halo and Halo 2 campaign missions and possibly a multiplayer mode via USB support. Anyway I need some help getting money for the GP2X and the SDK, so I'm looking for anyone to donate, as this would be greatly appreciated. Right now I've got $50. Please know that this is not a scam, and that screenshots, and a movie will soon come. The demo will be released in 1 1/2 to 3 weeks, depending on how things go. Please know that if you do decide to donate, then you will get the game via email before it is released publically and only YOUR version will have a few extras, a little thank you for your help. Your names will also appear in the credits if you wish. Check shakingyourfist.tk (the sites not up yet, so bear with me) for updates and information. If you can donate to support this cause, I would really appreciate it. If your interested, then please send me a PM or email me at shakingyourfist@yahoo.com Remember, more info and updates to come soon.

...Why would you need money for developing a game yourself? That's the community's job of deciding if someone should be paid.

Alright, I need the money to get the SDK to put it on, and I'd also like to own the system I'm developing for. Im an honest person, and I'd really appreciate anyone who could donate to support me. Please, dont leave posts flaming me, cuz thats not gonna get you anywhere. Besides, if you dont believe me im posting pics and a movie of in game play soon, and you can all wait for the demo too. Thanks for any help you guys decide to give me :D

Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd and suspicious that there have been 2 or 3 threads exactly like this one in the past few days?

Shaking Your Fist Productions posted on Sep 18 2005 at 04:30 PM said:
Alright, I need the money to get the SDK to put it on
The SDK will be free. Problem solved

Last edited by a moderator:
First of the SDK is free, you just have to buy the sytem. I know it can be expensive if you like me have no income to talk about.

This sounds like a huge project and personally I think that anyone involved in game devlopment should have a track experience of smaler games before starting on anything massive. There are so many that starts on a big project that never finish.

Before you start asking for money you should always provide screenshots and preferable a lot more. Anyone can put together an idea in words. Again, a past reckord of developed games is the best way to prove your skill and dedication to game development.

Alright guys, i dont know why your all suspicious and you're saying the SDK comes free with the GP2X. Is that free too? Id also like to play the game I make. As for screenies and videos, check shakingyourfists.tk (it should be back up by tonight). And please, stop accusing me of being a thief or trying to steal you money. Just check the site later tonight. Okay? BTW just so you all know this game WILL be freeware. But special content is only available for those of you who do donate, kind of a thank you. Ever hear of the weapons Bungie cut like the Brute Grenade, and Heavy Machinegun? A small taste of extras.

OrR posted on Sep 18 2005 at 12:43 PM said:
It is obvious that you are a scammer, give up.

STFU. Check the site later and then say this sh** to me. I guarantee you'll be the one looking like an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was you, I wouldn't bother posting again until that site is up... because with each post you make now, you're just losing credibility... We'd all enjoy a Halo port, but coming in here asking for money is not the way to go, especially when you have nothing to show :rolleyes:

Oh great, someone who wants to develop for GP2X and haven't found out enough about the system to know that the SDK is free and who doesn't belive others when they say so nor have the interest to check it out but is still asking for money to develop a game for it...

Yeah, you'll be making some great fake videos.
There is one simple rule to obey: Don't give people money for something they might do in the future. If you sell a completed Halo clone or take donations for it, fine. If you ask for money before there is something to play, you are labeled a scammer.

Hey, there's no need to make a halo port, cause I already made one. But my computer is broken right now so I can't make screens or videos of it. But if you send me lots of money i'll be happy to email you a demo.

Edit: BTW, you can trust me completely because I post messages on an online message board.

Actually Ive already got a gp2x and if you send me some money so i can buy a DV camera and send you some videos of it. £500 should be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back