• Maybe, depending on the storyline

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
'MDave' said:
'ninjamonkey' said:
'MDave' said:
Solitude got onto the top 100 mods on moddb, so it's at least got some talent going into it (both art and code). Redemption looks like a joke, using Kurok as a base to mod on. Do you know how much it hurts to see your game defaced in such a manner? :p
Dude, it based off your engine (maybe, i dont know) and they tweaked it to there own means.

Nope, it's not based on my engine. My engine is tailored specifically for the PSP. And from the videos I have seen, its running on the iphone4quake engine. They just taken my maps and hud and other things for some strange reason, without my permission (as stated in the readme that comes with all versions of Kurok). This upsets developers, some more then others but either way it's not ethical. Do you see where I'm coming from now? I have a bad feeling we'll see the same thing again if I port Kurok to the Pandora. Sigh.

Kurok is a great game. Is there a possibility that you would port it to pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
'MDave' said:
Nope, it's not based on my engine. My engine is tailored specifically for the PSP. And from the videos I have seen, its running on the iphone4quake engine. They just taken my maps and hud and other things for some strange reason, without my permission (as stated in the readme that comes with all versions of Kurok). This upsets developers, some more then others but either way it's not ethical. Do you see where I'm coming from now? I have a bad feeling we'll see the same thing again if I port Kurok to the Pandora. Sigh.
Hehe, can perfectly understand you ^^
I once contributed some stuff to an opensource-project I don't want to name here. After finding my "artwork" integrated I was happy at first, but then saw that they credited someone else for it. Asked to change that and they litterally said: "we don't care, will hope to replace it asap, shut up"
After that, I just didn't care about that project anymore, shall they use my artwork like they want (It's still in their package after 1,5 years and 3 releases. They still credit someone else). But that's not how good projects work ;)
Nowerdays, I'm one of two people responsible for the data of SuperTuxKart and really, keeping all licenses and credits up-to-date is a lot of work, but very very important if you want to keep your community together.
Other projects take over our artwork, that is quite liberally licensed, and rip artwork of commercial titles and don't care for the licenses at all. That happens quite often. In the end, those projects either die or get mature and replace their artwork, keeping their licenses and credits up-to-date. I don't think anyone has lost from that.

What is really annoying is if people are making money of your work. There are several people selling STK on ebay and they even get good credits for their "product". Well, that's something you have to take in this world ^^

the developers are as put douchebags

there was a discussion of his on psp forums,
it is a dead project the day it was announced, they also suddenly stopped replying whenever the dicussion wasnt going in there favour

they will not finish it

ps halo is shit, and always as been. anyone played killzone 2 lately now that is a game that cant be overrated infact it was way underplayed in both demo and tv ads. i think ive found my favourite game of all time

'emcp' said:

it is a dead project the day it was announced, they also suddenly stopped replying whenever the dicussion wasnt going in there favour

they will not finish it

ps halo is shit, and always as been. anyone played killzone 2 lately now that is a game that cant be overrated infact it was way underplayed in both demo and tv ads. i think ive found my favourite game of all time
emcp, I'm getting bored of you calling everything you haven't played crap. A wise man once said, "shut the hell up before I shoot yo ass".

'Butterman' said:
'emcp' said:

they will not finish it

emcp, I'm getting bored of you calling everything you haven't played crap. A wise man once said, "shut the hell up before I shoot yo ass".

I agree, dick cheney was a very wise man.

'PoisonedV' said:
'Butterman' said:
'emcp' said:

they will not finish it

I agree, dick cheney was a very wise man.

I lol'd. I don't laugh out loud very often while I'm on my own, I tip my hat to you, good sir.

'Butterman' said:
'emcp' said:

they will not finish it

I wonder if it was The_Black_People?

spartanhx6.gif

HOLY SHIT, I WANT SOME OF THIS SHIT. THIS IS THE GOOD SHIT. THIS IS NOT SHIT.

shit, mang.

'ninjamonkey' said:
you know you could just ignore them. I know I may get annoying, and that my ideas can be far-fetched at times. But that does give you the right to be a dick about it and them. Ya know there other ways than being a dick in this situation.
Maybe if it was every once in a while we could ignore it, as I have up till now, but you post this crap so constantly that it really gets obnoxious. There is a difference between a far-fetched idea and a just plain idiotic one, and so far all the ones i've seen you post have been in the latter category. Use some common sense before you post. Like It's been said before, unless you have something to contribute to a project, don't even bother suggesting it. You have a point, there are other ways of dealing with this other than being a dick, but it's gotten past that point. I usually don't join in these chinese cluster-fucks, but I'm just as tired of seeing 'OMG TEH PANDA-HALOEZ' posts as everyone else.

On topic: The specific project suggested for a port looks like crap. It will probably never even be finished for it's original platform, let alone the pandora. A much more reasonable approach would be to do a mod for one of the many up & coming FPS engines for the panda. Most of the bse-work & backend would be taken care of already & it might actually get finished. Having said that I could care less about a halo-themed mod anyway. Halo was nothing special to begin with, and the fanboyism is even more off-putting. I'd rather devs focus on original content instead of making watered-down versions of commercial games.

'craigix' said:
They seem to like painting the bike shed.

(sorry, love the phrase).
Indeed.

Anyone who missed out on that google tech talk should probably go read this thread and check out the video link:

CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46738&st=0

It's probably mandatory viewing for anyone who wants to continue to contribute to this flame war...

Ok, let me clear some things up, because this thread is all out of whack, with plenty of blame to go around...
1- ninjamonkey, I am NOT a developer of Halo Redemption. I support it all the way, and I may do the occasional model or map for him (its a one man team,PSPFan2000), but I am not a developer.
2- No one ever really agreed to anyone sort of pandora port. It was widely suggested, but no one really did anything about it. Besides, the game isnt even that great.
3- Yeah, MDave, Im sorry, but Halo Redemption is just Kurok skinned and stretched as far as it can go... and even then some, to the point of not being able to play (7 minutes to load a deathmatch game on my custom map?!) The models are all ripped from the real game (excluding the ones i contributed 8] ), though they may have been put through a model simplifier, and they make it and jomarts version lag like hell, though he is learning to code and making his own engine.
4- I guess this could go under 3, but the 'iphone halo engine' that anyone thought these games ran off of was not my own... its just Zod's (www.zodttd.com) Quake4iPhone engine, with the occasional mod.
5- Halo Solitude is the holy grail of ANY portable halo... anything else is just chickenshit. now that is something to port to pandora.
6- even if halo 3 was real over rated, aint nobody gonna dis MC.

Sorry about joining in on this topic as my first post... It caught my attention =P

'BusDriver' said:
Ok, let me clear some things up, because this thread is all out of whack, with plenty of blame to go around...
1- ninjamonkey, I am NOT a developer of Halo Redemption. I support it all the way, and I may do the occasional model or map for him (its a one man team,PSPFan2000), but I am not a developer.
2- No one ever really agreed to anyone sort of pandora port. It was widely suggested, but no one really did anything about it. Besides, the game isnt even that great.
3- Yeah, MDave, Im sorry, but Halo Redemption is just Kurok skinned and stretched as far as it can go... and even then some, to the point of not being able to play (7 minutes to load a deathmatch game on my custom map?!) The models are all ripped from the real game (excluding the ones i contributed 8] ), though they may have been put through a model simplifier, and they make it and jomarts version lag like hell, though he is learning to code and making his own engine.
4- I guess this could go under 3, but the 'iphone halo engine' that anyone thought these games ran off of was not my own... its just Zod's (www.zodttd.com) Quake4iPhone engine, with the occasional mod.
5- Halo Solitude is the holy grail of ANY portable halo... anything else is just chickenshit. now that is something to port to pandora.

Sorry about joining in on this topic as my first post... It caught my attention =P
Thx for the first message in this thread that was really worth reading :)

I'd rather a HALO like mod of open arena

'BusDriver' said:

LMFAO, tnx for posting that. So not only is ninjamonkey spamming the forums with 'ideas' that he wants other people to develop for him, now he's straight up making shit up now.

ninjamonkey = FAIL

Halo solitude looks pretty decent (minus the muzzle flash), too bad I'm selling my psp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back