Greetings Corrupt Homebrew Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMcO

Still Fresh
I've been following this forum 2 years now, I never registered because I never feel the need to when it comes to homebrew/console scenes. When people register to console scene forums it's usually to contribute (like DaveC has).

It seems like anytime I do register to a homebrew/console forum it's because I am forced to defend someone or something that has way too much people against them while there should be more on their side.

I don't agree with what was said in the DaveC PM about Reesy getting a free Gizmondo, not because of how it was said but because I feel Reesy would be able to give a little attention to the Gizmondo scene and still stay with the GP2X scene, it's unfair to the people that got TRICKED into getting a Gizmondo and having it flop or the ignorant supporters of it waiting for other coders to make them emulators (hey it's understandable), however if Reesy does devote some attention to Gizmondo the GP2X scene will slow down in certain areas, that's why it's also understandable DaveC getting upset about this.

Now it begins

DaveC shouldn't have to DEFEND his self every other day on this forum, that cap he made sold many GP2X's and anyone that says otherwise hasn't been following this past year until the MK2's were released and DaveC's cap (still winning in the poll the last time I checked that best cap thread btw) is now no longer needed and suddenly DaveC is unworthy.

So many people are upset that DaveC was made Guru because of this cap, in my eyes this was an insult to him instead of a blessing, the $10's for each cap sold still doesn't justify the GP2X's sold because of people knowing DaveC's cap "our savior" was helping people make use of the poor idea/design stick, DaveC's cap also helped people that already payed their 200 dollars and probably felt ripped off, when Craig's cap released a few months back people were asking "why didn't you make it like DaveC's" (then of course the same day I notice people BASHING him in other threads)

Everyone says DaveC doesn't contribute and that he only does negative things on this forum well off the top of my head the past months that I could remember he was attempting to convince people to stay with GP2X instead of jumping to Gamepark's triple handheld mega bash release sometime in Q4 of this year, DaveC was doing this by pointing out flaws of the upcoming handhelds now some of you might see this as being negative or narrowminded but I see it as attempts to keep this scene from dividing up into what FOUR different scenes including GP2X? slowing things down even moreso

Sooo convincing people to buy a GP2X is a good thing for every biased member here but some reason DaveC still isn't doing his part? I'm sorry I guess I just don't get it.

another constructive thing DaveC did a while back was convince me not to get a PSP, this might not be a big deal to anyone here but I don't have money to throw away and when DaveC explained that having PSP using that battery is more like a chore that was enuff for me to not go for the PSP (and everyone here brainwashed by GP2X fanboys about Sony firmware crap must not really be into console scenes because homebrew is very much on the PSP and also isn't going anywhere)

speaking of that, downgrader for 2.50 firmware was released a few days ago

plus DaveC explained about PSP's screen streching how it makes emulators look like garbage while streched (I already knew that though) and he told whoever was reading about PSP's washed out colors and I belive him, why would he lie? he HAS a PSP it's not like he's against it he's neutral enuff to point out PSP's bad or good features

also there is a thing called "constructive criticism" that many people here don't even bother attempting or I guess then everyone will turn on you like they did to JaqMs for speaking his mind and then yet another thread will be created requesting member ban like the latest DaveC thread created 3-4 days ago.

That thread was made asking the same batch of people that wanted to ban JaqMs (someone that isn't allowed to attempt free speech if it has anything to do with reasons he doesn't want to waste his money on a 200mhz handheld) this same batch of people will now all say reasons to ban DaveC and it's a real backstab even from the people that don't have the DaveC cap on their GP2X right now.

With many of you regretting a vote to make him Guru I wonder if months ago he's regretted even releasing that cap instead of keeping it for himself or making a deal with GP2X retail sites to sell that cap in bulk. In my eyes he was doing you a FAVOR to release that cap so not only he could benefit.

Another thing that I'll add is everyone was so happy thinking the GP2X scene would be "nice" like the GP32 scene and that definatly didn't happen

from people telling lies just to sell GP2X's,

to dickheads giving responces like this "Well, in this world, you get what you paid for. You didn't pay anything, and yet you have a GG emulator. I'd say your ahead of the game already." (to gamefan999 after he asked legit questions in very nice way)

and reaper79, he did spend 220 or probably more dollars and since he doesn't realize the price is a little much for what hardware is inside maybe you could do him a favor and give him an ILLUSION that this forum is helpfull and nice rather than shoving his face into the fucking mud with your useless comments about he didn't SPEND ANY MONEY.

these type of members from this forum don't have threads being made about them requesting to be banned - why? well, his ignorant comment was in support of GP2X it wasn't constructive criticism about the GG emulator in question THAT's the reason

It's simple as this, while all of you feel that many of the things DaveC says are way out of line - from my point of view the past year there are many out of line members taking bitch shots at him or at newer members asking for help and the DIFFERENCE is that cap he made should give him a bullet proof vest when it comes to being on this forum, if everyone wants to clean this forum of out of line members start digging a little and have a little common sense, you have a lot more members to ban than [DaveC - seller of who knows how many GP2X's] and [JaqMs - doesn't want to buy GP2X and isn't afraid to argue/defend his opinion when egged on by fanboys] and I'm guessing this account as well

I've already typed too much for this I'll wrap it up here.

Seems the rules are

Free speech on this forum is only allowed if it promotes the GP2X in every way possible even if it comes to lies about full speed emulation.

oh and I don't own a DaveC cap I was waiting for an improoved GP2X release before buying any GP2X stuff and by April Craig already had his cap and DaveC decided to not sell his anymore so yes I'm defending DaveC without even having the BENEFIT of his damn cap

Thank you to whoever read all that even to the ones that don't agree (which will be almost everyone)

and to anyone that posts "didn't read one word" or anything along those lines - I could really care less

see ya,
DaMcO

You join to say that ??? lol

if u had been here for 2 years you would know that your thread is just flame baiting the forum.

Hmm I don't know what's wrong with people. You complain about everything and when you are told that it is either not true (for example all that "there is no homebrew" crap) then suddenly you decide that the scene is corrupted and lies because of fanboyism. Also, DaveC didn't get flamed because of that one little thing but because of his repeated and rude behaviour. Read the Forum, and try to follow his posts. You will see that people told him alot that he should work on being a little more friendly and not all too arrogant. Also, just because he contributed that cap doesn't mean he is allowed to be a dickhead for lifetime. It's not like the guru status gets you a license to be an ass here. Furthermore I think that you totally overexaggerate the issue. It's not really that bad, it's only getting worse when people make threads to supposedly defend poor victims of flamewars and spawn another flamewar with that. It's really annoying. I don't want this flamewar bullshit anymore and if this is going to continue, I think I am going to leave the board and return to plain consumerism. It really makes me feel blue. When you mention JaqMS as not reacting to fanboy attacks... think again! Ever noticed that his only intention is to badmouth a system he doesn't even own? The almost only thing he does is spread misinformation. He is the fanboy himself. I don't know why you defend the guy as if he was some hero of free speech with a tottally unbiased opinion. He apparently hasn't even tried the gp2x but then goes on and on rambling about how shitty everything is. Just imagine you reading about a new release of an emulator and then this idiot comes into the thread "blabla all you release is emulators blabla you guys suck bla"... I really could care less if he just disappeared. It would make the climate of the board a lot more nice and probably friendly. I hope you are going to think about your arguments again and contribute something more constructive to the board, not like DaveC and JaqMS. Yes, there are a lot of jerks here, too but we should all at least try not to be a jerk ourselves...

1) Nobody is lying about full speed emulation.
2) If you don't like it, go away.
3) I don't consider myself corrupt (maybe just decisively evil), and so it seems your post is aiming to offend, which is kind of against the rules you love so much.

Also, I'm going to rant here, hope no-one minds. JaqMs and some others have been all over these forums screaming about a lack of original games, saying that there are only emulators and ports. I'd like to tell these people politely to shut up. Maybe even realise that homebrew games take time, and they will appear. I, like many others, am a homebrew game developer myself, and dislike being (as I see) insulted by idiots who can't do anything productive. Go away, and come back when you can contribute positively.

Spoken like a person who doesn't know anything about the community. You view us as elitists because you haven't been around long enough to know what's been going on. It's like if I were to walk into a room, see one person yelling at another person and the other person crying, and then I instantly conclude that whoever was yelling was a bad person.

xnopasaranx posted on Jul 7 2006 at 01:01 PM said:
Hmm I don't know what's wrong with people. You complain about everything and when you are told that it is either not true (for example all that "there is no homebrew" crap) then suddenly you decide that the scene is corrupted and lies because of fanboyism. Also, DaveC didn't get flamed because of that one little thing but because of his repeated and rude behaviour. Read the Forum, and try to follow his posts. You will see that people told him alot that he should work on being a little more friendly and not all too arrogant. Also, just because he contributed that cap doesn't mean he is allowed to be a dickhead for lifetime. It's not like the guru status gets you a license to be an ass here. Furthermore I think that you totally overexaggerate the issue. It's not really that bad, it's only getting worse when people make threads to supposedly defend poor victims of flamewars and spawn another flamewar with that. It's really annoying. I don't want this flamewar bullshit anymore and if this is going to continue, I think I am going to leave the board and return to plain consumerism. It really makes me feel blue. When you mention JaqMS as not reacting to fanboy attacks... think again! Ever noticed that his only intention is to badmouth a system he doesn't even own? The almost only thing he does is spread misinformation. He is the fanboy himself. I don't know why you defend the guy as if he was some hero of free speech with a tottally unbiased opinion. He apparently hasn't even tried the gp2x but then goes on and on rambling about how shitty everything is. Just imagine you reading about a new release of an emulator and then this idiot comes into the thread "blabla all you release is emulators blabla you guys suck bla"... I really could care less if he just disappeared. It would make the climate of the board a lot more nice and probably friendly. I hope you are going to think about your arguments again and contribute something more constructive to the board, not like DaveC and JaqMS. Yes, there are a lot of jerks here, too but we should all at least try not to be a jerk ourselves...

Now that I refuse to read. Enter key, its not that far away :p

I do agree with the opening post somewhat, Dave seems to have been getting battered by a good slice of everyone. I think people just don't like the way he isn't scared to admit the flaws with any console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my 2 cents, It seems really hard to be a newbie here because you have no idea what's going on. You step into uncharted territory and it feels like everyone shuns you. I mean.. it may not be true but with the way new guys are generally treated around here is generally pretty scary. Yes this dude deserves to be slapped with a dead fish taken out of a seagul's belly, but he's got a point in my book. My view is that his point is that all that you can see unless you're a real in the know person, is that you guys treat davec like shit and he doesn't actually do that much offensive stuff. Though being a noob you can't judge that stuff like this guy did. So hopefully SOMEONE understands my point. Cuz I don't

DaMcO posted on Jul 7 2006 at 05:43 AM said:
Thank you to whoever read all that even to the ones that don't agree (which will be almost everyone)
Hi! I'm sure the response to this will be just about what you expect.

Now that you're all signed up, I hope you stick around to participate in discussions of things other than forum politics. There's a lot of good stuff here too.

Oh no, not again :(

Hopefully this thread will be closed before it degenerates into another flame war.

Please don't feed the troll.

Parkydr posted on Jul 7 2006 at 05:20 AM said:
Oh no, not again :(

Hopefully this thread will be closed before it degenerates into another flame war.

Please don't feed the troll.

Well honestly I think this thread can have a good turn out, Maybe the lesson would be, Treat others how you want to be treated, It goes for the community and daveC alike

Yes I know how stupid I sound but... THe answer is always the most obvious stupidest thing. always

the thing isn't that davec doesn't deserve being a guru, it's that a guru with so much experience in 'forum-talk' shouldn't be as rude or as stupid as davec has been in the last couple of weeks.

BUT maybe he has some problems in real life and is a bit stressed out. i don't think anybody hates him becuase of the comments he made in the near past. it's just annoying that every post was deconstructive.

davec is still a proud member of the gp32x community and owns a lot of respect and at least I am happy that he's still around.

evilmegaman posted on Jul 7 2006 at 08:17 AM said:
Here's my 2 cents, It seems really hard to be a newbie here because you have no idea what's going on. You step into uncharted territory and it feels like everyone shuns you. I mean.. it may not be true but with the way new guys are generally treated around here is generally pretty scary. Yes this dude deserves to be slapped with a dead fish taken out of a seagul's belly, but he's got a point in my book. My view is that his point is that all that you can see unless you're a real in the know person, is that you guys treat davec like shit and he doesn't actually do that much offensive stuff. Though being a noob you can't judge that stuff like this guy did. So hopefully SOMEONE understands my point. Cuz I don't

I haven't been around here for very long and I haven't had a problem with anyone being and ass to me. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough :lol: Anyways I guess it also depends on how you enter the forums for the first time. A topic like this definitly isn't the best way to start, but yeah there is a point his post (although a bit long). As for this forum, it's the most helpful I've been to.

How very commendable of you to stand up for a complete stranger when you think an injustice has been done. Good thing you also defended JaqMs or we might have suspected DaveC of posting this himself.
DaMcO posted on Jul 7 2006 at 12:43 PM said:
I could really care less
I am sure it is a coincidence but does not DaveC frequently use this expression and also consistentently drop the 'not' from it ?

you waited 2 years to say that?!

anyway enough board politics and examining people's character. every once in a while just to get things out is ok but lets just move on and focus on developments in the gp2x scene.

also starting a thread to talk about a topic that is closed is NOT a good idea.

DaMco, please use more punctuation!

I'm not in on all this DaveC bashing. Can someone point me to a post he's done that's annoyed people? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything of note.

I've been following this forum 2 years now, I never registered because I never feel the need to when it comes to homebrew/console scenes. When people register to console scene forums it's usually to contribute (like DaveC has).

It seems like anytime I do register to a homebrew/console forum it's because I am forced to defend someone or something that has way too much people against them while there should be more on their side.

I don't agree with what was said in the DaveC PM about Reesy getting a free Gizmondo, not because of how it was said but because I feel Reesy would be able to give a little attention to the Gizmondo scene and still stay with the GP2X scene, it's unfair to the people that got TRICKED into getting a Gizmondo and having it flop or the ignorant supporters of it waiting for other coders to make them emulators (hey it's understandable), however if Reesy does devote some attention to Gizmondo the GP2X scene will slow down in certain areas, that's why it's also understandable DaveC getting upset about this.

Now it begins

DaveC shouldn't have to DEFEND his self every other day on this forum, that cap he made sold many GP2X's and anyone that says otherwise hasn't been following this past year until the MK2's were released and DaveC's cap (still winning in the poll the last time I checked that best cap thread btw) is now no longer needed and suddenly DaveC is unworthy.

So many people are upset that DaveC was made Guru because of this cap, in my eyes this was an insult to him instead of a blessing, the $10's for each cap sold still doesn't justify the GP2X's sold because of people knowing DaveC's cap "our savior" was helping people make use of the poor idea/design stick, DaveC's cap also helped people that already payed their 200 dollars and probably felt ripped off, when Craig's cap released a few months back people were asking "why didn't you make it like DaveC's" (then of course the same day I notice people BASHING him in other threads)

Everyone says DaveC doesn't contribute and that he only does negative things on this forum well off the top of my head the past months that I could remember he was attempting to convince people to stay with GP2X instead of jumping to Gamepark's triple handheld mega bash release sometime in Q4 of this year, DaveC was doing this by pointing out flaws of the upcoming handhelds now some of you might see this as being negative or narrowminded but I see it as attempts to keep this scene from dividing up into what FOUR different scenes including GP2X? slowing things down even moreso

Sooo convincing people to buy a GP2X is a good thing for every biased member here but some reason DaveC still isn't doing his part? I'm sorry I guess I just don't get it.

another constructive thing DaveC did a while back was convince me not to get a PSP, this might not be a big deal to anyone here but I don't have money to throw away and when DaveC explained that having PSP using that battery is more like a chore that was enuff for me to not go for the PSP (and everyone here brainwashed by GP2X fanboys about Sony firmware crap must not really be into console scenes because homebrew is very much on the PSP and also isn't going anywhere)

speaking of that, downgrader for 2.50 firmware was released a few days ago

plus DaveC explained about PSP's screen streching how it makes emulators look like garbage while streched (I already knew that though) and he told whoever was reading about PSP's washed out colors and I belive him, why would he lie? he HAS a PSP it's not like he's against it he's neutral enuff to point out PSP's bad or good features

also there is a thing called "constructive criticism" that many people here don't even bother attempting or I guess then everyone will turn on you like they did to JaqMs for speaking his mind and then yet another thread will be created requesting member ban like the latest DaveC thread created 3-4 days ago.

That thread was made asking the same batch of people that wanted to ban JaqMs (someone that isn't allowed to attempt free speech if it has anything to do with reasons he doesn't want to waste his money on a 200mhz handheld) this same batch of people will now all say reasons to ban DaveC and it's a real backstab even from the people that don't have the DaveC cap on their GP2X right now.

With many of you regretting a vote to make him Guru I wonder if months ago he's regretted even releasing that cap instead of keeping it for himself or making a deal with GP2X retail sites to sell that cap in bulk. In my eyes he was doing you a FAVOR to release that cap so not only he could benefit.

Another thing that I'll add is everyone was so happy thinking the GP2X scene would be "nice" like the GP32 scene and that definatly didn't happen

from people telling lies just to sell GP2X's,

to dickheads giving responces like this "Well, in this world, you get what you paid for. You didn't pay anything, and yet you have a GG emulator. I'd say your ahead of the game already." (to gamefan999 after he asked legit questions in very nice way)

and reaper79, he did spend 220 or probably more dollars and since he doesn't realize the price is a little much for what hardware is inside maybe you could do him a favor and give him an ILLUSION that this forum is helpfull and nice rather than shoving his face into the fucking mud with your useless comments about he didn't SPEND ANY MONEY.

these type of members from this forum don't have threads being made about them requesting to be banned - why? well, his ignorant comment was in support of GP2X it wasn't constructive criticism about the GG emulator in question THAT's the reason

It's simple as this, while all of you feel that many of the things DaveC says are way out of line - from my point of view the past year there are many out of line members taking bitch shots at him or at newer members asking for help and the DIFFERENCE is that cap he made should give him a bullet proof vest when it comes to being on this forum, if everyone wants to clean this forum of out of line members start digging a little and have a little common sense, you have a lot more members to ban than [DaveC - seller of who knows how many GP2X's] and [JaqMs - doesn't want to buy GP2X and isn't afraid to argue/defend his opinion when egged on by fanboys] and I'm guessing this account as well

I've already typed too much for this I'll wrap it up here.

Seems the rules are

Free speech on this forum is only allowed if it promotes the GP2X in every way possible even if it comes to lies about full speed emulation.

oh and I don't own a DaveC cap I was waiting for an improoved GP2X release before buying any GP2X stuff and by April Craig already had his cap and DaveC decided to not sell his anymore so yes I'm defending DaveC without even having the BENEFIT of his damn cap

and to anyone that posts "didn't read one word" or anything along those lines - I could really care less

see ya,
DaMcO

Got bored reading that about 1/3 of the way through - sure lots of great points were made though. zzzzz zzzz zzzzz zzzzz

xnopasaranx posted on Jul 7 2006 at 08:01 AM said:
Hmm I don't know what's wrong with people. You complain about everything and when you are told that it is either not true (for example all that "there is no homebrew" crap) then suddenly you decide that the scene is corrupted and lies because of fanboyism.
I'm from a scene that's involved with homebrew on PSP this isn't news to me that "there is no homebrew" isn't true, anytime people on this forum try selling a GP2X in any GP2X vs PSP thread they mention about Sony's unnnncontrollable firmware updates as a selling point that GP2X is open source

Also, just because he contributed that cap doesn't mean he is allowed to be a dickhead for lifetime.
You're right I'll re word my point, there's plenty other members being rude, out of line, ect. that should come first in line for threads being opened for a ban request, what DaveC contributed long ago should push him to the bottom of that ban waiting list

it's only getting worse when people make threads to supposedly defend poor victims of flamewars and spawn another flamewar with that. It's really annoying. I don't want this flamewar bullshit anymore and if this is going to continue, I think I am going to leave the board and return to plain consumerism.
Great that just took a couple hours off how long this thread will be up and unlocked lol, well your "not so bad" scene here has made many flame threads all in favor of the vote ratio mostly against people speaking their minds, I've made one flame thread that goes against the favor of the vote ratio so we'll see just how long this thread stays alive.

It really makes me feel blue. When you mention JaqMS as not reacting to fanboy attacks... think again! Ever noticed that his only intention is to badmouth a system he doesn't even own? The almost only thing he does is spread misinformation.
I said he DOES react to fanboy's egging him on (I'm talking about older thread that some other member made saying they would go with PSP then JaqMS told reasons why he wouldn't want a GP2X then many random members JUMPed on him bashing the hell out of him for not choosing to get a GP2X), and yeah he doesn't own a GP2X he stated his reasons he doesn't own one and I think he has a right to an oppinion especially when it comes to wasting money. You call it spreading misinformation but I call it opening a couple eyes just in case people want to change their minds about the handheld.

He is the fanboy himself. I don't know why you defend the guy as if he was some hero of free speech with a tottally unbiased opinion.
What's he a fanboy of? GP32? if someone took the history of the GP32 scene and compaired it with the GP2X scene (which isn't history -yet) there would be more respect for GP32's scene (where JaqMs is from)

I hope you are going to think about your arguments again and contribute something more constructive to the board, not like DaveC and JaqMS. Yes, there are a lot of jerks here, too but we should all at least try not to be a jerk ourselves...
Of course if I think and change my arguement it would be contributing because it would be against DaveC, JaqMS and whoever else you singled out for not very good reasons

thanx4 read'n

see ya,
DaMcO

DaveC says it like it is and for that I salute him! Fair enough he may get on some peoples nerves but in my dealings with him I have found him very helpful and polite. He also posts on my forums and gives unbiased information on the GP2X, PSP etc when people ask questions about what each console can and cant do. In my opinion this is fair, as I would not like someone to say how great something is if I am thinking about buying something when it does have some flaws, I would like to know about the bad things as well.

Instead of constantly going on about why DaveC shouldnt be a 'guru' you should start doing something constructive. Theres plenty to do, learn how to code, help with making gfx or sound, answer questions on the forum etc. Too many people here like to spend time arguing over trivial things...

DaMcO posted on Jul 7 2006 at 01:43 PM said:
I'm from a scene that's involved with homebrew on PSP this isn't news to me that "there is no homebrew" isn't true, anytime people on this forum try selling a GP2X in any GP2X vs PSP thread they mention about Sony's unnnncontrollable firmware updates as a selling point that GP2X is open source
another constructive thing DaveC did a while back was convince me not to get a PSP...
You are involved with homebrew for a device you don't own ? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back