Rest In Peace: Oneup, Aka Hufsky, Aka No_Skill

torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Website
w1xer.at
I found out today that oneup, aka no_skill, aka Florian Hufsky of 72dpiarmy.com and geeq.at fame, took his own life yesterday.

Florian was a member of the Metalab hacker community here in Vienna, and was one of the first people I met when I was introduced to that scene. His talent cannot be understated -he was responsible for a lot of very nice games and interesting developments in the DIY/homebrew scene. Played "Super Mario Wars"? He was responsible for that. How about "puit"? That too. He also did numerous ports for the GP2X and Wiz scene, like porting spout and a few other things as well.

Sorry to be bringing this news here, but in case anyone is trying to contact no_skill, he is no more.

:(

That's awful. Guy must have had some serious shit going on :(.

Oh... crap :(

He was such a talented and nice guy. It's really sad to see such things happen :(
I will remember him for a long time, that's for sure.

Rest in Peace.

Played both those games. Never 'spoke' to him, but from what I hear he was an awesome guy.

Rest in Peace.

I hadn't heard about him before, but this is very sad. I hope he's in a better place, where ever he is.

R.I.P. no_skill, mate. :(

My condolences go out to you and your family, and friends.

Thanks for everything.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2YVZ9ORzKd4[/youtube]

Super-Mario-War.png

By Florian Hufsky at 19 Dec 2006 - 00:47

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what incredibly sad news. My condolences go out to his family! It is most unfortunate when one finds their life so unbearable that the only choice they see is to end their life.

very sad news....my heart goes out to him, his family and his friends. also, this is the first time i've heard of that homebrew and wow, it really looks amazing, thanks for linking that video SONY.

This news hits hard, indeed. SMW was a stunning title, and one of the first codebases I delved into. I didn't know Florian well, but our paths crossed many a year ago when the GP2X was "in" and he was a truly stand-up chap.

I am stunned by this news, and can only hope that one, or more of us can keep his legacy alive by bringing SMW to the Pandora and keeping it in top top condition. I imagine that's already in progress or been done, however!

R.I.P.

I remember him from the GP32 days, such a talented individual. He had amazing artistic vision and a truly exemplary attitude to helping guys out. Super Mario War was a big favorite of mine on the 32. I always thought that if I learned to code games, mine would be in that style (I still have his coding tutorials saved on my hard drive). Naturally, all of this lead me to believe that he was much older than me, but -- only finding this out now -- he's in fact a year younger. Damn

RIP, no_skill

Back