Gpx2 Unvailed!!

x68000 posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:24 PM said:
no, they are referring to the next generation system, which going by the lifespan of the gp32 should arrive late 2009/early 2010.

Or in other words, 'there is no way we could implement the things you want us to do, because the bloody thing is almost on the production line, so tough titty.'

My Korean is a little sketchy, so don't hold me to that.
I'm pretty sure you're right.

Last edited by a moderator:
LHC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 01:35 PM said:
no, they are referring to the next generation system, which going by the lifespan of the gp32 should arrive late 2009/early 2010.

Or in other words, 'there is no way we could implement the things you want us to do, because the bloody thing is almost on the production line, so tough titty.'

so basically... it's a GP32+ with more power and more buttons... other than that... there isn't anything new?

Hello,

GPX2-F100 is just our basic product name.
For instance gpx2 successor would be like .....F200,300

Thank you ^^

just for the product name :)

seems like they already are planning a successor... Gotta collect 'em all :p

Wow, that I think is good news, By the sound of that, it most likely will be diffrent versions they ment by successor. And not the next-gen console.

(If they aren't going to do an atari)

70 McDildos DaveC 2005-07-28 61
Just as an added bonus you should make an huge dildo vibration attachment, almost like a modded ps3 silver bannana controller! and it could have a seperate battery compartment so we can enjoy hours of vibrating funess!!! imagine stomping goombas in mario and have a vibrATED shock in thy bungusss!!!! Im gay disregard all of my previous recomendations.

71 re admin 2005-07-28 55
Dear Customer

i can't wait to get your order too!!!
and we are Gamepark Holdings !! not gamepark!

Thank you! wow!!!

wtf is this about oO

there are more posts like this one... and i must say its very cool how gph handles this situation with some ****** like this who spam the suggestions board....

go for it gamepark-holdings :)

Edit: davec didnt do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its just some idiot writing with false names !!!

Sheng posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:45 PM said:
LHC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 01:35 PM said:

so basically... it's a GP32+ with more power and more buttons... other than that... there isn't anything new?

it's all new. apart from the screen, no 2 components look to be the same. Processing speed is the biggy, and presently no one is sure how well it is going to fare in that department as the architecture is more complex than the gp32's, so until the devvers get their little mits on the gpx2 the jury will remain out.

Just browsing around on ebay and noticed how cheap MMC cards are. As almost all SD devices can handle MMC they could be ideal for storing roms etc. A 256mb card from hong kong inc. delivery will set you back £10 gbp, or around £15 from a uk seller. A 512mb card around £23-25 including delivery.

I'll try out some mmc cards as soon as i receive my gpx2 and post the results.

EDIT: i just realised with some further browsing that you can get a toshiba 1gb sd card from hong kong for £33 delivered, so take no notice of my mmc card crap above. SD is cheaper, faster and the king of cards after all!

Don't forget. The Zodiac has a dedicated 2d processor, and the only use it's ever had is rescaling the emulated picture to the size of the screen, so don't plan on it off-loading masses of processing time from the main processor.

and if the pdf is correct, then there is only one processor - the second is just a support unit, and incapable of running any user code.

and finally, the 940's protection unit is a Memory Protection Unit (not to be confused with Memory Management Unit), and nothing to do with DRM.

MMC cards; I wouldn't bother, SD cards are just as cheap from places like ebuyer (and sometimes cheaper) and can be a whole lot faster.

Well this thing officially sucks balls. Only 200 MHz! WTF are they thinking! This thing sucks! You won't even be able to do SNES any better than we do now!

Then no backwards compatibility! So we would have to throw away 4 years of emu and homebrew and wait another 4 just to get to where we are now assuming anyone wants to dev for this crap! That is just moronic!!

What a bunch of idiots!

Seraptin posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:06 PM said:
70    McDildos    DaveC    2005-07-28    61
Just as an added bonus you should make an huge dildo vibration attachment, almost like a modded ps3 silver bannana controller! and it could have a seperate battery compartment so we can enjoy hours of vibrating funess!!! imagine stomping goombas in mario and have a vibrATED shock in thy bungusss!!!! Im gay disregard all of my previous recomendations.

71  re  admin  2005-07-28  55
Dear Customer

i can't wait to get your order too!!!
and we are Gamepark Holdings !! not gamepark!

Thank you! wow!!!

wtf is this about oO

there are more posts like this one... and i must say its very cool how gph handles this situation with some ****** like this who spam the suggestions board....

go for it gamepark-holdings :)

Edit: davec didnt do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its just some idiot writing with false names !!!

Check Post 69. They put the reply before the post it was replied to. Nr 71 is a reply to nr 72.

DaveC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 03:14 PM said:
Well this thing officially sucks balls. Only 200 MHz! WTF are they thinking! This thing sucks! You won't even be able to do SNES any better than we do now!

Then no backwards compatibility! So we would have to throw away 4 years of emu and homebrew and wait another 4 just to get to where we are now! That is just moronic!!

What a bunch of idiots!

why not wait and see what it'll do in the flesh before you totally write it off davec?

You keep referring to just the one processor, forgetting that there is much more to this handheld than there is to the gp32.

DaveC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 04:14 PM said:

Then no backwards compatibility! So we would have to throw away 4 years of emu and homebrew and wait another 4 just to get to where we are now assuming anyone wants to dev for this crap! That is just moronic!!

What a bunch of idiots!
idiot

Squidge posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:13 PM said:
and finally, the 940's protection unit is a Memory Protection Unit (not to be confused with Memory Management Unit), and nothing to do with DRM.
Ah right, I'd skimmed over what Protection Unit info I could find and it looked to be to do with protecting code execution and memory areas. Wasn't sure if this would be used to stop execution of unsigned code or similar, etc, in certain cases?

hm the question is if it really is dave posting this shit since everyone could poste with some false nick....

davec is getting very wound up at the min, maybe he needs some valium to help him out.

Without any, we'll all end up needing anti-bloody-depressents!

The main point of confusion for me is regarding the claims that there are numerous emulators in existence.

This, as has been stated. will not be in the form of backwards compatibility.
Therefore it must either mean in the form of linux emulators or specific emulators coded and released by Gamepark Holdings.

Considering the confusion at the moment I think it is silly to boast "numerous emulators" when offering pre-orders. At least we should be better informed of what these emulators actually are.

Vimacs posted on Jul 28 2005 at 01:27 PM said:
wont realy make sense with only one sd slot.

There are WIFI SD cards with integrated memory, and I think (but I might be wrong) also those that allow for a second SD card to be pluged into.

x68000 posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:17 PM said:
Well this thing officially sucks balls.  Only 200 MHz!  WTF are they thinking!  This thing sucks!  You won't even be able to do SNES any better than we do now!

Then no backwards compatibility!  So we would have to throw away 4 years of emu and homebrew and wait another 4 just to get to where we are now!  That is just moronic!!

What a bunch of idiots!

why not wait and see what it'll do in the flesh before you totally write it off davec?

You keep referring to just the one processor, forgetting that there is much more to this handheld than there is to the gp32.

As Squidge says that other CPU is not useful for emulation.

It is *200 MHZ* guys. That means no better SNES, No Neo-GEO,GBA etc. That is basically the same as we have NOW! Only it is worse because noene of the current stuff works. So what the hell are you going to do with this thing? Watch movies? That is all you will do with it. You ARE better off with a PSP, even the movies are better. I don't see the point. Why bother you may as well just keep what you have now.

Gamepark are the idiots for making 4 years of emus and homebrew useless on this thing.

I am surprised Craig let them get away with that move. You would have thought he would have insisted on BC at least.

DaveC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:39 PM said:
x68000 posted on Jul 28 2005 at 02:17 PM said:

Then no backwards compatibility! So we would have to throw away 4 years of emu and homebrew and wait another 4 just to get to where we are now! That is just moronic!!

What a bunch of idiots!

As Squidge says that other CPU is not useful for emulation.

It is *200 MHZ* guys. That means no better SNES, No Neo-GEO,GBA etc. That is basically the same as we have NOW! Only it is worse because noene of the current stuff works. So what the hell are you going to do with this thing? Watch movies? That is all you will do with it. You ARE better off with a PSP, even the movies are better. I don't see the point. Why bother you may as well just keep what you have now.

Gamepark are the idiots for making 4 years of emus and homebrew useless on this thing.

You are forgetting two things-

1. The processor may overclock. The only reason you say that we have 200mhz at the moment is through massive overclocking.

2. Gamepark Holdings and GBAX have stated that there are "numerous emulators" for this system. Unless they are lying there will be available emulators and these may be as good if not better than the stuff the GP32 has now.

We know way too little about this machine to be either pre-ordering or being too critical.

NeoGeo CD (Which is just about as good, just with less games) will work on the GPx2, it runs like a charm on the Dreamcast, and it would run on the GP32 too if it had more ram (which the GPx2 has).

davec said:
Well now that it is known that the CPU is only 200 mhz that is a huge dissapointment. It won't be able to run software much better than it does now.

An even bigger mistake is that all of the homebrewed games and emulators will not work with this. This is terrible as it will take YEARS for new stuff to all be remade. Some will just be lost forever.

I would suggest to either find a way to be able to run the old stuff or take off the information on your site that it runs MAME and SNES because it DOES NOT that is FALSE. The only way it would is if it ran current GP32 software.
intresting that you know so much about the gp, you must have been working for gp, or how else do you know what they have and what not?

Back